List Those Free Games!

TheDivine · 109169

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: June 06, 2013, 01:42:02 AM
He should go into a job promoting indie games.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #176 on: June 06, 2013, 01:56:38 AM
Iji
(epic screenshots)

Release date: March 11th, 2010 (Ver.1.6)
Developer: Daniel Remar
Genre: Action-Adventure, Metroidvania
Content: Violence, Mild Language

Now changing gears, Iji is a 2D action-adventure game that puts you in the role of the game's titular heroine as she reawakens from an alien invasion by the Tasen that wiped out many of the people working the complex you're trapped in. Some consider this as "the 2D System Shock" as the game feature RPG elements that lets you decide how you want to develop Iji's skills and abilities, such as hacking, weapon proficiency, and your overall strength. There is also a moral aspect that comes into play that can impacts the story, whether if you decide to take down Tasen in cold blood, or take the pacifist approach and working something out without resorting to violence.

Download Iji Check out Daniel Remar's other games at http://www.remar.se/daniel/games.php.
[tornado fang] YEAH IJI. My second favorite Game Maker game right behind Artillery F. Nice to see this game put out there!
And wow is it a long time since I last saw Garden Gnome Carnage.

what

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #177 on: June 06, 2013, 07:18:51 AM
He should go into a job promoting indie games.
Not sure it that's sarcasm or a complement. Either way, there are other sites that can do better coverage on indie games than I can do.

wow

you put your heart and soul into these posts
Thanks but I screwed up on a bunch of areas in my post, since my brother got home at the worst time, I couldn't double-check for any mistakes, the worst being that I messed up the link for Leiria -Stargazer- (don't how that happened when pretty sure I copied [Crtl+C] the right link). I fixed most of the mistakes with Xbox IE, but now I have wait until I use the computer again to fix the link. Ugh!

[tornado fang] YEAH IJI. My second favorite Game Maker game right behind Artillery F. Nice to see this game put out there!
And wow is it a long time since I last saw Garden Gnome Carnage.
Oddly enough, Garden Gnome Carnage is on Xbox LIVE Indie Games, but of course, you do have to pay for it; the game is $1 though.

-EDIT-
Okay I am up 1:40 AM fixing my previous post. Also, would it be bad to share downloads of Streets of Rage Remake v4/5 considering Sega C&D the developers?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:56:53 AM by ViperAcidZX »

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #178 on: June 09, 2013, 09:19:15 PM
I'll third Iji, the graphics put me off at first but the gameplay (deliberately slow, like Castlevania) and story work great. And the music.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #179 on: June 17, 2013, 07:21:25 AM
I've been playing Conclave lately.  It's a free online turn-based RPG.  The screens take a bit to load sometime, and unless you have a player order determined, you might end up conflicting with other members of your party by trying to take your turn at the same time, but I've been having fun with it.  I'm currently a level 3 Mezoar Runecaster.  If Ringman and I are online and playing, feel free to join Lizardon's party.  We could use the help. XD

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #180 on: July 15, 2013, 07:19:25 PM
Strip Em All, the funnily named psychology puzzle game.
Basically, what you have is a comic that you need to match to the title, which is along the theme of some psychological issue.
Like, in The Narcissist you have to change the panels by clicking objects and dragging panels around until you have a comic with a guy who is clearly narcissistic.

Seems straightforward but gets tricky fast with changing panels affecting other panels depending on placement...

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #181 on: July 17, 2013, 04:51:18 AM
Here's the challenge:

I'm looking for a free online browser game with the following features:

Co-op turn-based dungeon-crawler RPG.

What can you recommend?

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: July 17, 2013, 05:19:08 AM
What happened to Conclave? From what I've seen it seemed to fit those categories pretty well. Did it go all freemium on you?

what

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #183 on: July 17, 2013, 05:36:16 AM
Yeah, it's now demanding money. :(

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: July 17, 2013, 05:38:46 AM
Wow, that was a lucky guess that I didn't expect to be right. :o

Strangely enough, I've tossed around the concept of a co-op turn-based game ever since I made that Father's Day present for my dad. Could they really be in any kind of demand?

what

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #185 on: July 17, 2013, 05:50:30 AM
There are a number of games in the works, but that's the problem; they're in the works. 

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: December 14, 2013, 02:43:17 AM
That's a really cool deal.

Picked them up even if I don't plan on playing them in the near future.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: December 14, 2013, 08:39:34 AM
Picked them up even if I don't plan on playing them in the near future.

Same here.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: December 04, 2015, 05:00:25 AM
*Air Man, Wind Man, and Tornado Man blows out the cobwebs and forum spiders out of this thread*

That'll be all, thanks. :)

[youtube]youtu.be/b6wGaDmIkQY[/youtube]

I never expected this game would finally hit PC (though I always wanted it to), even less expected for it to be given out free. For those that never heard of this game, it was an Xbox 360-exclusive title that can be summed up as "Super Metroid meets G.I. Joe written by Orson Scott Card" as you collect various hi-tech equipment while trying to stop an a organization called the Restoration trying to bring to their own idea of a new age for America as well as the world and they also kidnapped your girlfriend because video games. The game has obvious inspiration from Super Metroid as many of your upgrades resemble Samus' such as speedboosting, freezing mooks with some kind of crystalizing foam (then they can be shattered to pieces with explosives, figuratively speaking), a grappling hook that is akin to the Grappling Beam, a big world explore, a bunch of loot to collect, and more. It takes it also has some RPG elements where fighting goons gives you experience to level up your character and become a bigger badass for subsequent playthrough, as well as challenges to test your wits and abilities. The Remastered version aims to not only spruce up the visuals but also add more content to the game. Here's a sample of the original Xbox 360 version. Don't have a decent gaming rig? No sweat, the game is coming to Xbone and PlayStation 4 as well, so finally the PlayStation crowd can get their hands it.
Though I reckon you get the PC version anyway in case you upgrade your hardware while it's free.

Get the game here! https://www.epicgames.com/shadowcomplex/

Fair warning: the process can be lengthy to get the Epic Games Launcher installed to get the game; it took almost same amount of time of me writing this post while everything installs. I'll be back fam to let ya'll know how this game runs on my PC.

-EDIT-
Welp, thanks to something on Epic's end — I'm assuming heavy traffic or somebody's not doing their job — I'm having problems trying to use the damn launcher, the game can't be run without it. To make matters worse, when I tried to reinstall the thing, it deleted my installation. This game really needs DRM removal or a GOG.com release ASAP.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: December 04, 2015, 05:35:57 AM
Wow this is a really nice surprise. I loved the original on 360, albeit it did have a couple little quirks. Be nice if they were addressed here.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #191 on: April 21, 2016, 04:52:05 PM
Lost Reavers
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/lost-reavers-wii-u

Open Beta is out now with the "full game" launching the 28th.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: August 07, 2016, 10:03:59 PM
Another Metroid 2 Remake is complete (and right on time for Metroid's 30th Anniversary)! Get it now before Nintendo C&D it like Sega did like with Streets of Rage Remake!

Project AM2R Downloads It's dead, Jim...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 06:54:28 AM by ViperAcidZX »

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: August 08, 2016, 02:52:06 AM

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #194 on: August 09, 2016, 06:23:27 AM
I've seen some people questioning whether that was legitimate.  The lawyer's name is unknown and false DMCA claims are a lot easier to hand out than a false C&D, and Nintendo isn't exactly known for being shy about handing out C&Ds.  Also apparently it's usually NCL that does that, whereas this DMCA claim is alleged to be from NOA.

Ah well, I figured something would likely go haywire so I made sure to download the game promptly.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: August 09, 2016, 06:56:04 AM
It turns Nintendo's DMCA claim was legit after all, and all downloads from the developer's website and Metroid Database were taken down. *sigh* -AC
welp, backing it up, SoRR style.

-UPDATE-
A follow up on the DMCA takedown and possibily plans to update/patch to the game in private: [link]