Wii Sports Resort

Jazz Shaking · 2953

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
on: July 28, 2009, 12:35:49 AM
Why's no one talking about the sequel to the best selling game of all time? The game that might give Zelda Wii Motion+? An awesomely fun game as well with all its sports.

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 12:38:00 AM
Why's no one talking about the sequel to the best selling game of all time?

Wii Sports was the best selling game of all time? I don't think being included with the Wii counts...  :o

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 12:48:57 AM
Wii Sports was the best selling game of all time? I don't think being included with the Wii counts...  :o

Ahh but it wasn't sold with the Wii in Japan where it sold like gangbusters.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 12:50:22 AM
My favorite part in Resort is the Archery game.
I got bulls-eyes on the 4th round, where the target is far away as possible.
I'm so happy to have the game on my Wii Want list.

I saw something weird in the winning screen for the Sword Play.
The Mii's put their swords in front of them, between their legs.... XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 01:03:44 AM
Frisbee, table Tennis, Basketball, Canoeing, and Air Sports are [tornado fang]ing awesome. Controls for Cycling are definitely tough though...

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 01:49:27 AM
So far, I'm loving the game.  I'm with Vixy too.  Archery is definitely the best aspect of the game.  I love the Frisbee too.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 01:53:40 AM
I myself have yet to play the game, but I've a quick (related) question: Is the Wii Moition+ alot more accurate like it's supposed to be?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 02:11:10 AM
What I managed to play, it did react pretty well to your sword swings, and also the precision on the archery is amazing! <3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 08:00:00 AM
I myself have yet to play the game, but I've a quick (related) question: Is the Wii Moition+ alot more accurate like it's supposed to be?

You can actually spin the ball in Bowling now.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 08:40:24 AM
Awesome game is [tornado fang]ing awesome. This is what the original Wii Sports should have been.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 06:38:58 PM
I played it at some Gamestop, I wanted to try all the activities in the game out, but only played swordplay, its very accurate especially when I hit my enemies in the face and they crawl on the ground also I was playing as a mii of link which added to my wanting to play swordplay,

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 07:04:39 PM
I played it at some Gamestop, I wanted to try all the activities in the game out, but only played swordplay, its very accurate especially when I hit my enemies in the face and they crawl on the ground also I was playing as a mii of link which added to my wanting to play swordplay,

Stabbing people in the face is fun.

PS: The Flyover Mode is a nice diversion.

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 07:33:47 PM
I've been playing it pretty much nonstop, I'm utterly intrigued how well M+ works -- can't wait to see how this works with Red Steel 2!

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 09:16:56 PM
The only flaw I can see is that only 1 axis is covered by the Gyroscope. When the plane is completely sideways, there is not response when trying to control the Pitch. Only the Roll(and maybe Yaw). In the best scenario, the WM+ would have had 3 Gyroscopes instead of 3 Accelerometers and 1 Gyroscope, but I imagine that would create price and data throughput issues.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 06:57:26 PM
i got to try this out at a Gamestop yesterday. i played swordplay, archery, and frisbee. the first two worked really well, but i couldn't curve the frisbee properly. it was awkward holding the Wiimote and nunchuk in reverse, though.

my fears that Motionplus was too accurate were pretty much eliminated thanks to this. it's the right amount of accuracy; my twitchiness never got in the way of playing the game.

however, i will not buy this game. just like the first Wii Sports, it's a big tech demo, which i refuse to pay money for. and also like Wii Sports, this game's novelty will wear off in a matter of months, or until you get an actual big name game, whichever comes first. it's just not the kind of game i can go gaga over for, either. it's a minigame game, for crying out loud. there are millions of others on the Wii already. i don't want mindless, quick fun anymore. i want a real game.

less Nintendophile than you confirmed?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.