A interesting question...regarding Copy X.

Rin · 11125

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
on: April 26, 2009, 06:53:28 PM
So, does anyone remember in Zero 3, the cutscene where Harpuia talks with Copy X about his alliance with Dr. Vile. So, in that particular scene, Copy X is sitting on his throne. And he's glowing. Glowing with blue light. I mean, what was up with that? Why was he glowing only this time, and not at any other part of the game? Is Copy X some kind of... BLUE LANTERN?

Offline matizmatash

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 06:54:55 PM
Daily dose of FABULOUS?

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 08:10:16 PM
Only the sprite glows, though

Maybe the throne serves a purpose and it's not just the Inti equivalent of Aizen's couch

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 08:21:02 PM
Nah, he´s just preparing for a Castlevania mock :What is a reploid? *E-crystal shatter* A miserable little pile of screws!

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 09:27:29 PM
Doesn't he do it during Z1? Not right before you fight him, but cutscenes throughout the game.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 09:56:51 PM
Doesn't he do it during Z1? Not right before you fight him, but cutscenes throughout the game.
He doesn't even appear in cutscenes throughout the game.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 12:09:35 AM
Just to be a nit-picking little twerp; I'd like to point out that the one in Z3 is not Copy X; rather Copy X Mk-II.

As for the glowing; my only guess would be that the throne is a recharge dock for him or something.
so? its still Copy X. its not another copy X, its the same one, revived. the same way that Vile in X3 is Vile Mk ll, and in X8, Mk lll.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 02:19:45 AM
It is clearly used simply for ominous purposes because Copy X is all into the spooky.

But thats not at all the answer you were looking for.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 03:48:20 AM
not really. the only difference i a stutter. a bug in his vocal systems. he is just overly trusting of Weil ad treats him special due to the fact that he owes him his revival. other than that, they act the same, because they ARE the same. he says that he owes Weil because he brought him back. Weil's specialty is revival of reploids. he revived Copy X just as a pawn to gain entrance to his inner circle, and later, gain control of his job. Weil anticipated that Copy X would fight Zero. he anticipated that he would lose. no, he KNEW he would lose. and he anticipated that Copy X would once again use his seraph transformation against Zero when he lost. to that end, he put a bomb inside him that would be triggered by the activation of the seraph form. by that way, his death could be pinned on Zero, and he, already haven been given control of the military, since the remaining big 3 were stripped of their status as leaders of the military forces, with Weil making them seem like complete utter failures in their job. he planned it all from the beginning. but he needed the Naive Copy X for it. so he brought him back, and Copy X owed him for it. the Mk ll is simply to identify he is the revived copy X. sigma, by now himself, would be around Mk 9. (not counting the first GBC game, as im not sure how Xtreme 1 places since it was all digital...)

savvy?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 05:21:57 PM
so? its still Copy X. its not another copy X, its the same one, revived. the same way that Vile in X3 is Vile Mk ll, and in X8, Mk lll.

VAVA V

Pente, 5. It is the fifth form of VAVA.

a bug in his vocal systems

The stutter is only in the English version. In Japanese, he´s the same between ZERO1 and ZERO3. His voice was always a bit weird compared to X´s which ZERO3´s translation just emphasized using the stutter.

Mk ll is simply to identify he is the revived copy X

It is to identify he's more powerful now. After all Blizzack Staggrof R, Hanumachine R, emphasizes revival by Vile. Anubis Necromancess V works differently as each revival tacks on a higher number. Anubis Necromancess III and Anubis Necromancess IV got beaten in ZERO3. Anubis Necromancess I died during Operation Scorched Earth, but revived itself. II was killed right away when a transport crashed into him. Poor guy. >.>

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 07:00:08 PM
and in X8, Mk lll.

Rockman X1
VAVA (ヴァヴァ)

Rockman X8
VAVA V(ペンテ) = VAVA V (Pente)

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 07:16:28 PM

It is to identify he's more powerful now. After all Blizzack Staggrof R, Hanumachine R, emphasizes revival by Vile. Anubis Necromancess V works differently as each revival tacks on a higher number. Anubis Necromancess III and Anubis Necromancess IV got beaten in ZERO3. Anubis Necromancess I died during Operation Scorched Earth, but revived itself. II was killed right away when a transport crashed into him. Poor guy. >.>

Is Anubis  the Kenny of the Megaman series?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 10:19:30 PM
oops, my bad on the vile thing. also, I remember reading somewhere that in the japanese, Copy X mk ll emphasizes on strange syllables or some such rot.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 10:35:52 PM
Actually, I do remember him being a little more nervous "I -- I have trust in him." Is a good example. Copy X MkII shows the diffrence because the first one, he's more arrogant because of his independence, Copy X MkII however, shows more nervousness to show Weil his gratitude of reviving him. Zan also has a good standpoint about wither he planned it before his downfall, but couldn't count on Craft betraying him in 4.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 10:46:27 PM
Zan also has a good standpoint about wither he planned it before his downfall, but couldn't count on Craft betraying him in 4.

Come again?

Is Anubis  the Kenny of the Megaman series?

Everybody is when Zero's involved.

And the part about the transport crashing into him was half joking by Inti. (Which seems true given ZERO1.)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 10:49:24 PM
Weil had everything planned out from the start, but he failed to notice something was wrong with Craft, which was the point of seduction. "I CAN'T BELIVE IT! Seduced by the sweet words of a woman!", which comes to show his suprise of his plan backfiring on him, so the last resort was crashing the colony down on Area Zero.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 11:05:27 PM
Craft was actually a deliberate loose cannon. He was the soldier that was close to the humans, unlike the big4 that were considered as wardens. By putting someone like that in charge of operation Ragnarok, Vile trashed the human's spirit. All to further his agenda of creating a war without winners or losers; only a bleak land of death.

Whilst getting blasted with a laser cannon was not entirely expected, it actually furthered that very agenda unwillingly by Craft. As long as Vile subsequently destroyed Area Zero, he would have won. The destruction of Neo Arcadia only furthered the anarchy. The destruction of Zero and Vile's resurrection from the ashes only furher seals the deal.

Of course, that's a far cry from his ideal scenario of just blasting everything to hell but himself and ruling over the remains. He got a bit more hurt thanks to Craft, but what's a laser cannon and a satellite drop compared to a century of suffering?

All in all Craft's action was a double edged sword, it didn't defeat Vile and only furthered his insane plans, but all the same it allowed Zero the precious time to stop the destruction of Area Zero. Both their efforts in the end caused Repliroids and humans to unite for the new era.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 02:49:05 AM
VAVA V

Pente, 5. It is the fifth form of VAVA.
One more reason we need more Xtremes...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Protoman? :3
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 03:15:16 AM
Are we even talking about the glow anymore?

I think he did it to be fabulous  :\

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 06:45:51 AM
So, does anyone remember in Zero 3, the cutscene where Harpuia talks with Copy X about his alliance with Dr. Vile. So, in that particular scene, Copy X is sitting on his throne. And he's glowing. Glowing with blue light. I mean, what was up with that? Why was he glowing only this time, and not at any other part of the game? Is Copy X some kind of... BLUE LANTERN?

He can't be blue; he isn't about great hope!  He's more of a yellow guy.