Gotham's Mega Man Rush

Gotham Ranger · 19540

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
on: March 23, 2009, 08:25:06 AM
Hi, I'm Gotham, that guy you probably don't care about with a love of fighting games if you've seen what few topics I've posted =P

Lemme level with you, Rockfans. Despite being a Megaman fan, I've only got a handfull of games under my belt and for the longest time, none of them were the NES/SNES games. My first game was actually Rockman & Forte SNES via emulator, and even then I didn't even like the game. Where am I going with this? Well, with my unusually nocturnal sleeping pattern and a lack of anything to do, I've decided to stop pussyfooting and go ahead and bum rush the games.

Actually, the more I write, the more I realise how pointless of a topic this is, so if there's really no use for it, staff can feel free to punt this [sonic slicer] right up on out of here, but I figured someone on RPM might get a laugh at my amazing failures as I chronicle my run through an assload of Megaman games =P

Anyways, here's the list/order of the games I'm going through, including already completed ones:

Mega Man (NES) - Completed!
Megaman Megaman (PSP) - Completed!
Mega Man 2 (NES) - Completed!
Mega Man 2 Hard Mode (NES) - Completed!
Mega Man World (GB) - Completed!
Mega Man 3 (NES) - Completed!
Mega Man World II (GB) - Completed!
Mega Man Wily Wars: Wily Tower (GEN) - Completed!
Mega Man 4 (NES) - Completed!
Mega Man World III (GB) - Completed!
Mega Man 5 (NES) - Completed!
Mega Man World IV (GB) - Completed!
Mega Man (Game Gear) - Completed!
Mega Man 6 (NES) - Completed!
Mega Man World V (GB) - Completed!
Mega Man 7 (SNES) - Completed!
Mega Man 8 (PSX) - Completed!
Rockman & Forte (SNES)
Rockman & Forte Mirai kara no Chōsensha (WS)

There's three games missing from the list, due to my inability to actually play/emulate them. Those are Mega Man 1 & 3 PC and Mega Man 9. The DOS games will be easier to emulate once I can get my hands on A) A new desktop or B) A Pandora. 9 will come eventually if for some reason, Capcom suddenly gives us a DS/PSP release or when I finally sell my soul for the PS3.

Either way, this is gonna definitely be something else and its definitely gonna be an experience. This series is the man one I've really not gotten into despite it being the starting point. I've beaten all the X games (besides GBC), I've beaten all the Zero and ZX games. I own Legends 1 and beat it and one day I'll get around to 2 and Tron Bonne. I just don't care for EXE or Starforce.

So yeah, sit back, laugh at me, kick this topic out of existence, whatever. But this is definately gonna be a hoot :P
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 09:16:02 AM by GothamAnswer »

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 08:36:58 AM
So...
How were Guts Man's platforms of doom?
The Yellow Devil?
Quick Man's lasers of doom?
Wily's space station long and tedious stage in MMGB?

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 09:07:09 AM
So...
How were Guts Man's platforms of doom?
They weren't as bad as they could've been. I actually had less trouble here than I did in other parts of the game, namely the platforming at the end of Ice Man's stage with the disappearing blocks and then the floating platforms that shoot you and while you're avoiding that, there's frikken penguins flying at you while you're trying not to slip on the ice patch in the middle.

No, the Magnet Beam never occured to me.

The Yellow Devil?
The bane of my Megaman 1 existence. In fact, that whole Wily Fortess is evil. I'll be honest, I had to use the Select trick on Yellow Devil and the last few bosses before actually facing Wily.

Quick Man's lasers of doom?
Made me wish I had a slide =P As long as I was able to keep enough Time Stopper, I was okay, but there were a few times I had to restart because the energy capsules don't reappear. Thank god Quicky is also weak to Air Man's weapon.

Wily's space station long and tedious stage in MMGB?
The beginning wasn't so bad. In fact, trying to start the game on Cut Man's level was alot worse. I had no idea you could freeze the enemies until I decided "Okay, I'll do Cut Man last that way I've got more weapons" and then [parasitic bomb] got cold. I will say the Master battles + Enker was a bit and that last bit was pretty like "Really?" but once you get to Wily its laughably easy when you figure out his pattern.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 09:15:00 AM
I see, well, it's a good start, have fun with the rest then. :3

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 09:21:52 AM
Truth be told, I'm not looking forward to 3. 2 was great and 3 just seems tedious (I've played it before but I always lose my password or my save and Shadow Man rapes me because of that STUPID TOP SPIN)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 09:26:39 AM
If so, you might not like MMIIIGB either, since Shadow's there too, and there's no Top to Spin you through... :P

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 09:58:11 AM
If I wasn't going through the games fully, I'd just use a password to start with Top Man defeated seeing as I know I've at least done that.

Or maybe Hard Man. God I hate his level.

Anyways, full run, so yeah.

Update: Hooray, the Doc Masters. So thats Doc Robot, huh? My first thought was actually "Was he in the R&F CD Database?" which I see that he isn't.

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 02:32:17 PM
If I wasn't going through the games fully, I'd just use a password to start with Top Man defeated seeing as I know I've at least done that.

Or maybe Hard Man. God I hate his level.

Anyways, full run, so yeah.

Update: Hooray, the Doc Masters. So thats Doc Robot, huh? My first thought was actually "Was he in the R&F CD Database?" which I see that he isn't.

Not just Doc Masters, even Darkman also never shown his profile in CD Data.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 07:41:56 PM
Well, maybe I can get back to this now. Just after beating Spark Man's stage, my entire computer went to hell. Presario 2266 with 16 gigs and 64mb of RAM running ME. ActiveX went to hell and it was all downhill from there. After two days, I've got it running Windows 98 and everything seems to be going good, so I can get back to what I was doing.

In the meantime, I beat Megaman 1 in The Wily Wars, except apparently the Euro version even with savestates doesn't get to the Wily Tower, which means I got restart on the Japanese version. Seriously? Lawargh!

Anyways, back to Doc [dark hold].

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 10:09:41 PM
Yeah, I only know the Rockman Megaworld ROM that includes SRAM has an [a1] tag in its label, so check that one.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 11:04:19 PM
So far, 3 is okay. I'm at Wily's fortress now but so far its not been my favorite game. Definately a let down after 2. Shadow Man's Doc Robot stage was bloody ridiculous and Wood Doc SUCKED

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 11:08:43 PM
But couldn't you fly over all the really ridiculous parts of that stage?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 11:16:10 PM
The lava area before Wood Doc, yea. That's a good place to use Rush Jet. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 12:21:20 AM
See, the entire time, I'm thinking to myself "You have the frikken Rush Jet" and the rest of me is going "PLATFORM!"

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 12:46:25 AM
See, the entire time, I'm thinking to myself "You have the frikken Rush Jet" and the rest of me is going "PLATFORM!"

Oh don't worry, I did the same thing too. (7:55) XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 03:13:23 AM
Mega Man 3 down! The Wily Stages were alot more enjoyable than the rest of the game, I though. Jesus Christ, frikken Top Spin.. Worst weapon I've ever had the displeasure of weilding saves the day. Wily, you genius.

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 01:53:04 PM
Mega Man 3 down! The Wily Stages were alot more enjoyable than the rest of the game, I though. Jesus Christ, frikken Top Spin.. Worst weapon I've ever had the displeasure of weilding saves the day. Wily, you genius.

I thought it was useful 8D.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 10:58:47 PM
Top Spin was even more useless in Megaman World 2 than it was in Mega Man 3. Its AMAZING. Anyways, World 2 is down now and thanks to STM, I can nearly get right to the Wily Tower in Wily Wars.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 02:37:43 PM
Though I think they managed to fix the energy consumption of Top Spin in World 2, but overall, great for the monkeys... XD

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 05:02:44 PM
So, STM sent me the sram for picodrive for Rockman Megaworld and I was gonna go ahead and beat 2 since he had already done 1 & 3. I boot it up, pick Metal Man, get through the levels okay and then Metal Man kicks me in the balls. Alot. Damn, guess I better add Rockman 2 to the list after that asskicking. I figured I'd have SOME sort of advantage having beaten US 2 >>

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 05:37:15 PM
Great thread, Gotham!

Did you play the US version on Normal difficulty or Hard?  I was under the impression that the Japanese version had no "Normal" setting.  Its default setting is "Hard", which makes the US's "Normal" setting "Easy".   ???

Anywhoo, that might explain Metal Man cleaning your clock.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 06:32:06 PM
I played US Normal. I figured beating the game once was enough but man oh man was I not expecting to get cleaned so thoroughly. Its definitely one I'm putting down to say "I did it" even though I'm sure like.. Everyone of the damn userbase here can do it with the bat of an eye =P

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 09:46:41 PM
I played US Normal. I figured beating the game once was enough but man oh man was I not expecting to get cleaned so thoroughly. Its definitely one I'm putting down to say "I did it" even though I'm sure like.. Everyone of the damn userbase here can do it with the bat of an eye =P
To be honest, I've had problems with MM2 on difficult.  You can't just plow through the bosses with cannons blazing as you would on Normal.

Keep trying.  You will come out stronger and victorious in the end.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 02:50:07 AM
Though I think they managed to fix the energy consumption of Top Spin in World 2, but overall, great for the monkeys... XD
It's fixed in Megaworld as well, except for a few things that you probably wouldn't use Top Spin on anyway.  But World 2 added the problem that sometimes you take damage even when the spin finishes the enemy in one hit!  I never really figured out if there was a pattern to when that happens.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 08:09:15 AM
Since I figured Gotham here would take forever to get through Rockman 2, I blasted right through it for him. It's funny because they made several of the bosses easier (they take more damage) so it's not really as hard as the original.

I look forward to his progress through Wily Tower, though when I first played it, I didn't find it hard at all. Having all the weapons at your disposal from the first three games certainly doesn't help this.