Protoman Blues · 39993

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
on: March 21, 2009, 06:52:31 AM

Mucho thanx to GoNintendo for the Nostalgic Orgasmic Press Release

Gonna just steal their bike Copy/Pasta the PR...

Category: Boxing
    Age rating: 7+
    Players: 1-2
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Release date: 22/05/2009

The legendary Punch-Out!! is back with a vengeance on Wii, but this time it packs an even bigger punch! Featuring all of the well-known characters from Glass Joe to Von Kaiser, superb duck and weave action, and the addition of enhanced functionality for Wii, the game returns for another assault on Europe on 22 May 2009.

After a flawless fight record on the NES and Super NES, Punch-Out!! revives the story of Little Mac as you follow his journey from up-and-coming boxer in the Bronx, NY to undisputed World champion. The game reunites the much-loved mean men of the World Video Boxing Association, who Little Mac must challenge and defeat one-by-one. The truly international line-up of characters includes all the wacky favourites from Von Kaiser, to King Hippo and tireless trainer Doc Louis.

The game brings the tactics and skills of boxing to Wii as you spot weaknesses in your opponent’s armoury – such as changes in their body position – and exploit them with your best upper cuts, hooks and jabs. However, this time the game packs even more power with bold new 3D graphics and the introduction of the motion sensing controls of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to give a more instinctive boxing experience as you weave, bob and duck your way to the top!

Punch-Out!! on Wii offers great new control opportunities, utilising both the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to let you mimic the movements of the left and right hands as you let the leather fly. Meanwhile, the “classic” control system, invites you to use the Wii Remote in a sideways position to simulate the original NES controller and gives the real retro fight feel that Punch-Out!! fans love.

Punch-Out!! Will certainly bring the thrills of the big ring to Wii and will give you the chance to experience fight night in the comfort of your own living room. It’s seconds out and time for round one!

——————————

Get your gloves on and return to the ring – Punch-Out!! is making a comeback! Originally a hit on the Nintendo Entertainment System back when boxers still fought for 15 rounds, the newest installment in the series comes out swinging on Wii.

An intuitive control scheme takes you closer to the action in the ring than ever before! Unleash hooks, uppercuts and Star Punches by swinging the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, or flip your controller sideways to enjoy the classic NES control scheme.

As big-hearted Bronx brawler Little Mac, you’ll have to launch a one-man assault on the boxing world as you bid to become undisputed champ of the Minor, Major and World ranking organisations. Along the way you’ll lock horns with the likes of Glass Joe, Don Flamenco and the hard-hitting King Hippo. A total of 13 flamboyant fighters stand in your path, every one with a creative new way of trying to make sure you end up face-down on the canvas.

Thankfully, Little Mac can fight back. Armed with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, punching is a simple case of taking a swing at your opponent whilst holding different combinations of buttons. Soften them up with jabs by pressing up on the Nunchuk Control Stick when you punch, or crash home a super-charged Star Punch by holding the C or A Buttons as you let your hands go.

Of course, if you intend to master the sweet science you’ll have to learn how to hit and not get hit. Punch-Out!! calls on you to keep a close eye on your opponents and learn their attack patterns – hopefully leaving them swiping at fresh air and open to a crashing counter. If it all sounds like a lot to remember when the leather starts flying, you’ll be glad to know the game features a helpful tutorial mode to make sure you get to grips with the basics before you climb through the ropes.

Ultimately, you’ll no doubt want to make sure you’re rightfully recognised as the pound-for-pound king of the ring. Punch-Out!! includes a multiplayer mode that lets you and a friend slug it out to the bitter end. As in the single player mode, you’ll want to land punches at the right moment to build up Star Punch points that translate into almighty haymakers! Landing and dodging blows in Head-to-Head mode also builds up a Giga Mac gauge. Once full, your fighter is ready to inflict some serious damage.

Have you always thought you could have been a contender? Then get ready to rumble in the all-action Punch Out!! for Wii.

* Fight it out in Career and Exhibition modes or challenge a friend in Head-to-Head mode.
    * Play using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk for a hard-hitting and immersive experience!
    * Go retro by holding the Wii Remote sideways like a NES controller and pounding home punches with a simple press of the 1 and 2 Buttons.

I believe that's the European release date, but who cares?  I can.not [tornado fang]ing wait for this game.  I've been looking forward to it since the Wii came out!   8)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 01:02:37 PM
I can hardly contain myself...! >U< *holds PB*

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 01:41:59 PM
I saw the PR yesterday and preordered the [tornado fang] out of this game. I. Cannot. Wait. For. This. 8)

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 06:40:53 PM
I'd be much more excited over a regular KO, but a TKO is fine too.
I already have Victorious Boxers(Hajime no Ippo) and I love it.
I'll probably rent this for the sake of the franchise though.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 06:56:13 PM
Well, I'm glad that's the European release, 'cuz it's right before my wedding. >w<  I was afraid I'd be late on picking that one up.

This game will rock all socks, definitely my most anticipated Wii release at the moment.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 06:58:30 PM
OK, so the final boss in the original was Mike Tyson. Can't be brought back due to licensing issues. All that's left would be a parody of a famous boxer.

Any ideas?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 07:03:48 PM
Balrog

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 07:07:38 PM
Well, Nintendo may surprise us, but I'm not expecting anything that original, considering that they could just as easily either revisit Mr. Dream, or just stop at Super Macho Man.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 07:11:30 PM
Classic control scheme? Just what I need, a way to get out of motion controls! 8)

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 07:20:58 PM
OK, so the final boss in the original was Mike Tyson. Can't be brought back due to licensing issues. All that's left would be a parody of a famous boxer.

Any ideas?

Knuckle Joe?

Iron Mom!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 07:51:21 PM
Classic control scheme? Just what I need, a way to get out of motion controls! 8)
In all seriousness, more games SHOULD offer that kind of choice, whether the new controls work or not.  Just as different people have different tolerances for a game controller, they also have different tolerances for pointers and motion sensors.  If you go the other way exclusively, your audience isn't any wider, it's just different.

That's something I've never really been able to forgive Star Fox Command for.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 02:58:09 AM
* Go retro by holding the Wii Remote sideways like a NES controller and pounding home punches with a simple press of the 1 and 2 Buttons.

...Wii Punch Out?

I now love you, even more so, with EVERY fiber of my being!  0v0

Any ideas?

They could always just move on to Evander Holyfield, the guy who took Mike down.  8D

Barring that, I wouldn't be at all opposed to seeing the Bruiser Bros. return from Super. I didn't like too much of the SPO lineup, but the Bruisers were cool.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 02:59:48 AM
I thought the Bruiser Bros. were a parody of the Klitschko Bros.? Anyway, I would like to see them return.

Or make another famous Nintendo character the boss. Like Wario. That would be amazing.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 03:03:50 AM
Sega will drop some money for a cash-in, so the game will include Knuckles the Echidna.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 03:12:21 AM
I thought the Bruiser Bros. were a parody of the Kltischko Bros.? Anyway, I would like to see them return.

I believe that was supposed to be the case. Thus, why I could certainly see them back.

It'd certainly be preferable to just having Mr. "Palette Swap" Dream again...

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 03:19:13 AM
ALL OF A SUDDEN, THE ROOF BURSTS OPEN, AND A MYSTERIOUS BEING JUMPS INTO THE RING. ITS MIGHTY FEET CRUSH YOUR OPPONENT, HE NEVER HAD A CHANCE. AS THE DUST GROWS THINNER, YOU SEE A MUSCULAR BODY STANDING TALL AND PROUD IN FRONT OF YOU. YOU GAZE IN AWE AS YOU NOTICE THE MYSTERIOUS MAN IS WEARING A HELMET, COVERING HIS FACE.

YOU FINALLY REALIZE: YOUR FINAL OPPONENT IN NONE LESS THAN THE LEGENDARY CAPTAIN DOUGLAS FALCON!

NOW STAND AND FIGHT! SHOW HIM YOUR MOVES!

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 03:27:06 AM
Man, Wii Boxing wore my ass out, now they've got Punch Out?!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 04:05:05 AM
ALL OF A SUDDEN, THE ROOF BURSTS OPEN, AND A MYSTERIOUS BEING JUMPS INTO THE RING. ITS MIGHTY FEET CRUSH YOUR OPPONENT, HE NEVER HAD A CHANCE. AS THE DUST GROWS THINNER, YOU SEE A MUSCULAR BODY STANDING TALL AND PROUD IN FRONT OF YOU. YOU GAZE IN AWE AS YOU NOTICE THE MYSTERIOUS MAN IS WEARING A HELMET, COVERING HIS FACE.

YOU FINALLY REALIZE: YOUR FINAL OPPONENT IN NONE LESS THAN THE LEGENDARY CAPTAIN DOUGLAS FALCON!

Game of the Ever. XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 04:36:57 AM
Sega will drop some money for a cash-in, so the game will include Knuckles the Echidna.
Is it so wrong that I consider that idea completely awesome?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 05:40:04 AM

No really, best game ever!

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 06:24:17 AM
I can't wait to beat you doods/doodettes or get beat by you doods/doodettes~  8D

Offline pyromonki12

• Net Navi
  • Just Jump On It!
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 06:34:58 AM
punch out with multiplayer? what took you so long nintendo. :P

now all we need is character select, and I'm in heaven. I'm hoping for an actual boxer to appear too though.

But that's asking for too much.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 11:42:30 AM

This needs to happen now. Seriously.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 03:33:25 PM

You must defeat Captain Falcon to stand a chance.

What'd make this even more epic is if your "Star Punches" turned into Falcon Punches if you somehow managed to beat him. After all - you just beat friggin' Captain Falcon.

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile