Blue Valkyrie · 231008

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2600 on: March 18, 2015, 03:39:55 AM
Shuu turned to Riagan with a questioning glance. "Oh? I wonder why he'd want an audience with me?" He asked, Grani deciding to revert to a tablet like Susanoo had.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2601 on: March 18, 2015, 03:43:53 AM
Riagan laughed again. "You think your scuffle went unnoticed?  Hahaha, word travels fast, my friend.  And as you are one of the famed Sapphire Knights, my father would be honored to speak with you."

He returned his gaze to Sakura. "Dwarven equestrians are among the highest caliber.  We can tame even the most unruly of mounts!"

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2602 on: March 18, 2015, 03:46:47 AM
"Oh right you guys must have other horses too...to be honest I've never seen a normal horse....."Sakura said sheepishly.

(Because I'm assuming the Iron Gate guards took Epee themselves to the stables like a valet would for cars.  So Sakura hasn't seen a normal horse.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2603 on: March 18, 2015, 03:48:17 AM
"Well, we should probably get going. Lead the way, Mr. Riagan. And, um... Thank you," Pema bowed slightly.

She noticed Shuu from her peripheral, coming towards them, "Oh, do you mind coming with us? We're gonna head to the stables to visit Epee!"

(I know he needs to ask Riagan something, but I figured he could talk to him on the way there.

And ninja'd everywhere!)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2604 on: March 18, 2015, 04:18:59 AM
Shuu nodded at Riagan. "Right. Like I said a few minutes ago, I'm still kinda new to the job."

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2605 on: March 18, 2015, 04:28:08 AM
"So the Dwarves have heard of these Sapphire Knights as well." Calien stated "I guess I might be one of the few who haven't."

"Daddy do you know what all this stuff about Saddles and Horse Shoes are?" Sakura asked.

"I do but it really is something you should see for yourself, it'd be difficult to explain until you see it." Calien nodded.

(Calien will go back to his quarters off screen chained to the Magitek sewing machine, he came out because his fingers got stiff and desperately needed a break.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2606 on: March 18, 2015, 04:31:11 AM
"And see it, you shall!" Riagan barked as he walked along toward the mine entrance.

At the entrance, the Professor glanced up from his meditation, saw Riagan leading the party toward him, and quickly scurried out of striking distance.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2607 on: March 18, 2015, 04:32:21 AM
"Prof don't be so scared, no one's going to hurt you." Sakura called to him.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2608 on: March 18, 2015, 05:05:00 AM
Riagan ignored the pathetic creature and looked to Shuu. "Regardless of your novice rank, you still bear the title and armor of the Sapphire Knights.  My people have an illustrious history, and my father had met with an emissary of yours years before.  They came by caravan, as after the schism--" he regarded the Professor in his hard gaze for a brief moment "--the mountains were far too dangerous for traders to travel alone without protection.  Marauders from the villages."

The Professor hung back for a markedly long time before he fell into step behind Sakura and Pema.  He kept his hood up and his head bowed so as not to show his face, and he remained silent.  His staff was held low and as nonthreatening as he could muster with a weapon of its size.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2609 on: March 18, 2015, 05:07:15 AM
"Riagan do you know about the Schism?" Sakura asked "The Prof mentioned it before but he didn't know much about it....."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2610 on: March 18, 2015, 05:15:17 AM
With the party leaving to meet the king Aya turns the other way and makes her way up to the highest point on the mountain near the airship, the professor notices the guardian close her eyes and go into what he could only assume was a meditation state of some sort.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2611 on: March 18, 2015, 05:21:16 AM
"Speaking of the schism, how long ago was that?" Shuu asked, following along. "Might be able to tell you which Knight it was."

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2612 on: March 18, 2015, 05:23:19 AM
Realizing that such a topic would be a point of contention, the Professor left the group and wandered toward where Aya was meditating.  Stopping first by the airship, he left his staff there, and limped over and began to climb the rocks.

Riagan ignored his departure and looked at Sakura.  "The Schism happened long ago, before I was born.  It is why we don't trust Elven people; they think they're above us, above everyone.  And the Order!  That cult and their ilk can rot in the darkest depths."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2613 on: March 18, 2015, 05:26:28 AM
"Elves huh....I've been mistaken for an elf before by little forest Goblins many times because of my ears....they're that bad?" Sakura wondered.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2614 on: March 18, 2015, 05:27:17 AM
Aya with eyes still closed noticed the Professor approach, or rather felt. "Hello professor, did you need something?" She asked politely.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2615 on: March 18, 2015, 05:51:13 AM
"Just... needed to excuse m-myself from the others," the Professor had finally climbed the rocks and sat, removing his hood.  He watched the party enter the mines and finally relaxed once Riagan was out of sight.

He let out a sigh and cast his gaze skyward.  "I feel, I feel that, I feel that we're wasting our time...  We m-must recover the shards, and time is of the essence!  However, however, I feel that..."

He paused as his voice dropped so as not to echo through the canyon. "I feel that... that Chakra doesn't have the same urgency.  This, this... this is not the first time that she had taken... too long to act.  If, if I, if I hadn't m-moved... we would have still been outside the city gates."

He dropped his gaze to his hands in his lap. "We should tell her, or remind her, or, or... or even go ahead.  Time is of the essence.  M-mar is also after the shards.  We need to be one step ahead, but, but, but we can't if we don't move."

"Elves huh....I've been mistaken for an elf before by little forest Goblins many times because of my ears....they're that bad?" Sakura wondered.

"You are of halfling stock," Riagan said simply.  He didn't look at Sakura as he led her and the rest of the party through the mines. "You know not of the true nature of Elves.  How they see themselves.  How they carry themselves.  How they talk.  We have a saying for their kind; 'an Elf uses more words than necessary to say more than they know.'"

He fell silent for a moment, save for his bootsteps echoing off the tunnel walls. "The Schism concerns more than the Elves.  They were only a part of it.  The Order set it in motion."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2616 on: March 18, 2015, 05:54:28 AM
"Well I am not an Elf....or a Demon....it's complicated." Sakura stated "But what exactly did the Order do?"

(Whoa wait, I don't think Sakura is to blame for not going ahead quickly.  Also Aya doesn't have her scale Mail yet I think.)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2617 on: March 18, 2015, 05:59:37 AM
Shuu sighed and simply went into thought. At the mention of the Order (again), he remembered a warning from his teachers. "Beware the Obsidian Knight and his order..."

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2618 on: March 18, 2015, 06:00:41 AM
(Wait is this a different cult for Obsidian?)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2619 on: March 18, 2015, 06:13:23 AM
((I... don't know.  I'm just winging the Schism as I go along.))

Riagan was silent for a very long moment, his lips frozen in a thin, hard line.  He himself didn't know the exact details; he just knew that the Order was to blame.  His once-illustrious brethren became the butt of Elven jokes and trade with outside clans became impossible.  The Dwarven engineers were forced into indentured servitude by the Elves, followers of the Order decried them to be "demons" and "dirty," and of a subhuman race; taxes were levied, and any mention of the Order simply left a bad taste in his mouth.

"You should ask that shriveled creature you drag around."

((And as for Prof's opinion, that's just what he's observed.  I'm not saying you're at fault for anything.  Prof's just stating an observation.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2620 on: March 18, 2015, 06:22:17 AM
"He doesn't know either, when he came here he thought you and the Order were still allies." Sakura stated "He doesn't know much about the world outside the Order.  They kept him sheltered for years for some reason, they didn't want people to see him. 

While he does practice the Order's beliefs of being humble, I think he's innocent in the Order's treachery.  They don't tell him much, he doesn't know about this schism, he doesn't even know what he is. 

Plus the Order has been mean to him too, they didn't support his Precursor or Alchemist studies, and he said when we first met that the Order didn't trust him....because of his ears....he said they didn't trust his ears...and his face too.   Not to mention...the lashings he had because the Order punishes him....they're everywhere......I know he says everyone who doesn't follow their teachings gets them....but I don't think it's right....." 

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2621 on: March 18, 2015, 06:28:03 AM
[Obsidian's followers are a different cult. The Order of Black Knights.]

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2622 on: March 18, 2015, 06:28:34 AM
(Gotcha, I wish Quickie's Order had a fancy name.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2623 on: March 18, 2015, 06:39:17 AM
((The Order of the Triad.  There.  Done.  Let's go with that.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2624 on: March 18, 2015, 06:41:14 AM
(So it shall be called and retroactively retconed into.)