The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 229933

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #4800 on: April 01, 2016, 11:33:04 AM
(Alternatively she can spot the warbird if you want to jump in Xhai.)

(That could work. You sure you want me in so soon, though?)

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4801 on: April 01, 2016, 11:38:02 AM
(Up to you. I can either spot the warbird or she can go about her business since this is a bid to gain the trust of the group anyway. What I do next is your call. :3)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4802 on: April 01, 2016, 11:50:07 AM
(Ok, we'll go with that, then. First, though.....)

Skies above the Mainland, above the clouds

Xhai was woken from his nap by a soft warble from his mount. Blinking the last of the sleep from his eyes, he shot a glance up at the silvery moon hanging above them.

"It's night-time? I guess taking a break would be a good idea. If this IS the mainland, then I don't wanna be wanderng around in the dark." - He blinked - "And my friend could probably use a nap, too...."

Leaning forward, he gently patted the back of the hawk's neck. "Take us down, OK? Let's look for a safe place to sleep tonight. You're probably exhausted, huh?"

The hawk responded with a sharp cry, and tucked its wings in, dropping through the cloud layer like a stone and levelling off just above the tree tops that had appeared beneath them.

(Bleh. Probably coulda written that better, but....)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #4803 on: April 01, 2016, 03:14:40 PM
Florence yawned as she leaned up against the cart. "I'd chip in with the wood, but heavy lifting is... Not my... Thing." Clearly she had gotten over her hangover, since she was not speaking in complete, proper sentences. Stretching her arms, she scanned for the tallest tree in the immediate area, and started clambering up the branches. "I'll try and get us a vantage point, scout out for wildlife, water sources, the like. I'll help you two when I finish." She gestured to Aya and Sakura.

"Leave the water to me." Toshi chimed in, "I can use my jutsu to gather up any underground water, if we need any. And be sure to keep a look out for any suspicious activity. We don't know if Alberto is plotting an attack, while we're asleep." she added, as went off with a buncha flasks, to fill with water.

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4804 on: April 01, 2016, 04:20:37 PM
Half an hour of work finally produces a rather comfy fire pit and with a little of the kindling Aya manages to get a fire going-they will need further wood to make it larger but for now it'll do to keep them all warm for the night, Aya then begins spreading out the two tents keeping them away from the fire but close enough to make things convenient-soon they have some shelter with a few bedrolls inside.

"I'd imagine we'll reach Siren's Call by late evening tomorrow if we manage to keep up the pace." Aya says to Sakura.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4805 on: April 02, 2016, 04:26:15 AM
Having helped set up as promised, Florence decided to once more make her way up the tree and scout. With the sun setting, she felt herself growing more alert and restless. Nighttime was when she went to work, after all. Lounging on a thick branch, she watched the sunset until she noticed movement in the distance. It looked like... A person on some sort of flying mount? Was she losing her mind? She hadn't seen anything like that before. She couldn't tell how far away it was. Depth perception wasn't really her strong suite either. Contemplating telling the others, she decided to creep deeper into the thicker, leafier branches in order to watch it.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4806 on: April 02, 2016, 07:37:45 AM
In a more lush area of foliage, using the dousing rods she brought with; Toshi formed the necessary hand seals for her jutsu.

"Suiton: Suiten Hōfutsu"

Water began to be extracted from beneath the soil; then using her water bending techniques, started filling up everyones flasks. In no time, she was able to walk back to camp with everyones flasks, and water bottles full.

Although, she feels safe; she can't seem to shake the uneasiness that someone's following her. However, it doesn't feel like the same presents of those who still stalked her, recently.

Fear me.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4807 on: April 02, 2016, 10:16:23 AM
The hawk continued to slowly descend, eventually landing in a small clearing surrounded by trees. Xhai dismounted with practised ease and bowed respectfully to it.

"Thank you for your assistance."

The hawk responded with a sharp cry before taking to the air again - surprising Xhai, who had expected it to want to sleep for a while - and shot off in the direction it had come from, obviously intent on returning home. That the residents of a nearby city would discover the mutilated and partially eaten bodies of several cows the following morning was completely unrelated.  -_-

With an amused snort, Xhai pulled the hood of his cloak up, covering the top half of his face in thick shadows despite the lack of any real light to begin with, and took a look around the clearing in an attempt to get his bearings.

We flew east to get here, so that means north is.....that way.

Nodding to himself, he then turned his attention to more pressing matters.

This seems like a good place to bed down for the night.....but....I'm not sleepy. Huh. Guess now's as good a time as any to get some practice in, then.

He stared intently at his hands for a brief moment, and finally a pair of shimmering domes appeared around them, their shape slowly changing and growing sharper before finally settling. With a smirk of satisfaction, he began moving through the forms he'd been taught back at the Temple.....

(If it makes things easier to picture, Xhai's air-powers, be it the blades or one of his "bubbles", can be identified by a disortion in the air where they're present. Think of a cloaked Predator, and you're not far off.

Also, I done goofed. I did some basic research when I was designing Xhai and his backstory, but it turns out that Peregrine Falcons mostly eat other birds. Probably gonna hafta retcon that into something else sometime soon.  '>.> )

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4808 on: April 02, 2016, 10:40:16 AM
Some ways away, the thief watched the figure descend into the sea of trees beyond her and she sneered. There was no way that was just an animal. In an instant, she had made her way back to the ground. "Hello all." She announced to the others reminding them she was still there. "Whenever the lot of you are ready to call it a night, I'll take watch. I fancy myself more of a night owl as it is."

(Also, I never really made this clear, but Florence speaks in something of a cockney accent, just a little better articulated. Y'know, provided she's not drunk. Just to help the lines flow a bit better. I decided to kind of keep the language clean for the same of readability but if you'd rather I can type things out more realistically.)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4809 on: April 02, 2016, 10:55:58 AM
(Would that include the use of rhyming slang? It's rare to see anyone with a cockney accent in anything outside of English TV these days, so it's refreshing to see!  8)

Also, research done, and Im'ma go back and edit anything that might indicate otherwise in a moment. Xhai's an Osprey now. Not a falcon. That's my final decision, and I'm stickin' to it.)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4810 on: April 02, 2016, 11:03:17 AM
(I contemplated the slang haha but it's really just too foreign to me and honestly a lot of the references aren't really appropriate in an alternate universe.)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4811 on: April 02, 2016, 11:12:01 AM
(Hah, fair enough.

I never really thought about any of my characters having accents, 'cept for Saden. Maybe I should look into that....)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4812 on: April 02, 2016, 07:57:17 PM
"Thank you, Florence, but I think Pema has already called it a night..." Salem exclaimed as he glanced at her.

Pema didn't even make it inside the tent and passed out on the grass with disheveled clothing, a blanket haphazardly resting on her legs and one hand scratching her belly as she softly mumbled in her sleep.

"Perhaps someone should carry the world's littlest sleepyhead inside?" He said with a chuckle.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:27:23 AM by Phi »

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4813 on: April 10, 2016, 12:36:41 PM
Florence rubbed her temples. She was getting a headache, and she felt like she was forgetting something... Important that she saw recently. She sighed. "Alright little one, time for bed." She strode forward and gingerly picked up the child. She turned to the talking staff. "Long as I don't have to sing 'er a song, right?" She spoke quietly with a grin. Moving to the tent, she leaned in and carefully tucked the child inside a bedroll. Finally, she moved away and leaned next to Salem. "Little one like that deserves the luxury. Us, we're fine on the grass. What do 'ya think, mate?"

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4814 on: April 18, 2016, 01:58:13 AM
(The mental image of Pema snuggled inside a bedroll is giving me diabetes)

Salem chuckled at Florence's remark. "Ahaha, yeah, though sometimes I wonder if that luxury goes to her head. She certainly eats a feast fit for a King... or Kingdom."

He floated away from the tent. "Of course, I do not require sleep, so I can keep watch with you."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4815 on: April 18, 2016, 02:54:05 AM
Night quickly fell on the camp luckily getting the tents and fire going is done long before that becomes an issue. Aya sits on one of the stones and stares into the flames-considering what they will encounter at Siren's Cry.

"My friends back then-we used to tell stories around the campfire when we weren't using an airship-I'm assuming that hasn't changed after all these years?" Aya asks to no one in particular.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4816 on: April 18, 2016, 07:27:45 AM
It's a full moon out, and returning back to camp, Toshi drops off her load. Noticing Aya on her lonesome, she felt the need to talk with her; if not for the sudden stinging pain hitting her left back shoulder.

"D-damn it! Not now." she grunted, gripping tightly against her shoulder, trying to hide what appears to be a crescent shaped mark, causing some pinkish ooze to flow out. Eventually the pain stopped, and she got back on her feet.

She gave a small glance at the moon, "Hmm... looks like that talk will have to wait. A pity I can't stay out in this moonlight." she mumbled to herself, as she made way for her tent, to sleep off the pain.

Fear me.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4817 on: April 18, 2016, 10:38:01 AM
The thief cracked a half-smile at Salem. "I wager the girlie goes through food like I go through drink." Easing up, she stared at the empty sky. "Appreciate it, aaah, Salem aye?" It was then that one of the other travelers sat down, speaking of campfire stories. Florence had a laugh at this."It'll take a little bit more ale to get me in a story-tellin' mood." She watched another one of her companions gripping her shoulder, sneaking along to a tent. Her eye narrowed, but she paid it more mind. Everyone has their secrets.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4818 on: April 18, 2016, 03:56:34 PM
It's a full moon out, and returning back to camp, Toshi drops off her load. Noticing Aya on her lonesome, she felt the need to talk with her; if not for the sudden stinging pain hitting her left back shoulder.

"D-damn it! Not now." she grunted, gripping tightly against her shoulder, trying to hide what appears to be a crescent shaped mark, causing some pinkish ooze to flow out. Eventually the pain stopped, and she got back on her feet.

She gave a small glance at the moon, "Hmm... looks like that talk will have to wait. A pity I can't stay out in this moonlight." she mumbled to herself, as she made way for her tent, to sleep off the pain.

"Is everything okay Toshi?" Aya tilts her head in concern

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4819 on: April 18, 2016, 05:00:14 PM
Inside Toshi's tent.

"Ninpo: Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" Toshi performed her summoning jutsu quietly. In a puff of smoke Riyalie was summoned.

"Hmm... what's the matter now, Toshi?" she grumbled, as she stretched out a bit, "Isn't it a bit late too..." before she could finish, Toshi was exposing the crescent marking on her shoulder.

"How bad is it?" Toshi asked.

"Oh, man. How long have you been in the moonlight?" Riyalie replied with concern, looking at the pink ooze slowly encroaching Toshi's shoulder from the mark, outwards.

"I don't know. Just tell me how bad it is already?" Toshi asked impatiently.

"Right now, you're going to need to cover that up. This tent isn't helping to block out the moon. You're going to have to cover that shoulder up until dawn." Riyalie replied, as she went through Toshi's belongings, to take out a winter coat for her. "No use going out and getting that thing any worse than it is." she added.

"Right." Toshi said taking the thick coat from Riyalie to make sure the mark isn't exposed to the moonlight. Making her way into her bedroll. "Oh, and keep an I eye out. I don't want any unwanted trespassers." Toshi instructed.

"No problem, ma'am." Riyalie smiled.

"And please, try to behave, okay?" Toshi plead, as Riyalie nodded.

(For those who aren't familiar with Riyalie's physical appearance; she's an anthropomorphic Persian {pokémon}, wielding a whirlygig saw for a weapon. She acts as one of Toshi's familiars when summoned.)

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4820 on: May 20, 2016, 01:45:02 AM
(Did we want anything happening that night at camp or shall I push on?)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4821 on: May 20, 2016, 01:49:54 AM
(I vote we push on.)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4822 on: May 20, 2016, 06:10:58 AM
(Push on.)

Fear me.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4823 on: May 20, 2016, 08:00:05 AM
(p-push on, s-senpai~~)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4824 on: May 21, 2016, 02:03:15 AM
After several long days of travel the party begin to notice the mountain slowly come into view, it's not long before they find themselves at the base of "Siren's Call" the howling of the wind through the oddly shaped rock formations do give the distinctive sound of "singing" suddenly the name makes sense.

As they weave through the paths at the base they begin to notice a guard post. "Halt!" the one spear wielding guard calls raising his free hand-he appears to be equipped with common leather armor. Obviously not a high paid worker here. "State thy business." he says again.