MOTHER's Day

Pringer X · 5878

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
on: May 03, 2009, 02:15:41 AM
Ok, with Mother's day coming up in a week, I figured I'd get a jump on it with a different kind of Mother: the game series.

I propose on MOTHER's Day, anyone who can go and play Mother/Earthbound Zero, Mother 2/Earthbound, or Mother 3. I myself will be playing Mother/EB0 since I've already beaten the other two.

Also, what's your favorite game amongst those three? Why? Are you excited about the possibilities of a Mother 4 being released (JUST the possibilities in the future)? What about the look-a-like called "Another World" that's going to appear on Level5's new product (I don't know what it is exactly, but the M/EB look-a-like is going to be on the product, not the games on the other systems).
Posted: Apr 30th, 2009 03:49:34 pm

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 02:23:57 AM
I love EB for its world and the characters in it, and Mother 3 because it improved the gameplay greatly.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 02:33:07 AM
Rhythm-beat attacking is so awesome~

The games are so emotional... and that's also very early on too, not just at the end.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 02:40:23 AM
Especially the reuniting of father & son, that was touching.

But the Pokey scenes in EB1/M2 were funny, just the smart-mouth man you don't want to be friends with.

He was just that loveable as comidec releif.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 02:53:15 AM
The games are so emotional... and that's also very early on too, not just at the end.

I ended up breaking the rule the ad for M1, I cried before I beat the game. The song's are just too beautiful!

The entire series has an excellent music score, but to be honest, I think M3 had the best. A variety of battle themes was major win compared to the small handful the other two had.

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 03:10:45 AM
Especially the reuniting of father & son, that was touching.

But the Pokey scenes in EB1/M2 were funny, just the smart-mouth man you don't want to be friends with.

He was just that loveable as comidec releif.

And when he was in M3, abuse of time travel and a warped mind led him to become one of the most deranged Nintendo villains while still maintaining a child's immaturity.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 03:12:27 AM
Off to find the Mother load in MML2...

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 10:53:48 AM
And when he was in M3, abuse of time travel and a warped mind led him to become one of the most deranged Nintendo villains while still maintaining a child's immaturity.
It was his immaturity that made him so awesome. He was so oblivious to why all the damage he did was wrong because of his immaturity, and it made you want to smack the hell out him even more for that.

I loved M3's story, as sad as it was.

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 03:34:05 AM
I liked Earthbound. I liked the world and it's wacky characters. I also love the music from every installment (especially 3's), it's one of the things that got me intrested on playing the series. Currently I'm playing Mother3 (at least when I remember to, I have a habit of not playing games on the computer, mostly because when I'm done with the comp. it's already late and/or my sister/father needs to use it).   

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 06:26:17 AM
I like the MOTHER series, it is so off beat but then again a large majority of the Nintendi franchise are offbeat. I don't whether it is the setting or the music but I cannot find any other game like it in existence and even Contact pales in comparison with this series.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 06:39:37 AM
I'll admit it, Mother 3 was probably one of the few games that has actually made me shed manly, Hokuto no Ken-style tears.

Truly an awesome game, among games. And Vixy is right on point about rhythm battling. That, combined with "HP Rolling", has probably made it so that Mother 3 is probably one of the few "old-style" RPGs I'll continue to play to this dy.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 10:08:33 AM

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 06:11:19 PM
Mother series... ahhh. I'm currently playing through Mother 3. And I already shed some tears, evev tough I'm at the beginning.

Mother 2 was an excellent game in my opinion. And the fight with Giygas, the poor little fool, who was swallowed by his own immense power, was just a pure mindfuck. I don't think any of the old games can rival the level of WHATHEFUCKOHGOD amount, that was in that battle. Heck, rarely any of the newer games can rival this mindfuck, especially, since it was in a game for kids.

IT HURTS NESS!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 02:05:42 AM
http://www.infendo.com/odesu-ka/

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-exploring-the-office-of-dr-andonuts-176869.phtml

Voice: "O'Desu Ka"

Dr. Andonuts
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sXyaDOBwlA[/youtube]

O.O
OMG! OMG! OMG! <3 <3 <3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 02:18:49 AM
That means nothing to me : |

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 02:25:31 AM
YESSSSH!!! This should be good! ^_^

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 02:33:30 AM
What about the look-a-like called "Another World" that's going to appear on Level5's new product (I don't know what it is exactly, but the M/EB look-a-like is going to be on the product, not the games on the other systems).

That was confirmed to be a side mobile game version of this.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 03:22:30 AM
I've always wanted to play any of the Mother games, but I really have never played them because I don't like to play RPGs, or any kind of long game, on emulators. I simply don't like the feel, and go back to playing something different.