Legend of Zelda - The official Zelda thread

Align · 344252

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #975 on: March 13, 2011, 11:17:13 PM
Honestly, the song could have been fit for a more epic game. >_>;;;

I loved the games. But it's time we have a Zelda game that looks like the big battles in the LOTR movies.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #976 on: March 14, 2011, 07:54:08 AM
I do hope that one day, we actually get a Legend of Zelda that is truly bloody and epic. I mean, they got close to this with alot of others, and Zelda's not uncomfortable with being very violent and becoming general nightmare fuel. I'd just really like epic battles against armies and such.

As long as they do not make it too dark. Otherwise, it'll ruin the franchise.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #977 on: March 14, 2011, 10:31:36 AM
As long as they do not make it too dark. Otherwise, it'll ruin the franchise.
I'm not talking God of War, man. Just make it as dark and epic as that trailer, with a few fights where you fight alongside Hyrule's army to defend the city.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUXyzv0k4ZM[/youtube]

Like this.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #978 on: March 14, 2011, 07:51:53 PM
Just making sure!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #979 on: March 14, 2011, 08:27:02 PM
I almost got excited in parts like protecting the wagon and fighting the dudes on warthogs. But those parts turned out to be not just too easy, but over too fast. And not epic enough.

...I did fall in love with the western town part and would love an entire game based on a Western Zelda.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
  • 'Ya better pray to Martel one last time...
    • View Profile
    • My Chatango Chatpod From When I Was Still A Nooblet
Reply #980 on: March 26, 2011, 03:49:00 PM
I almost got excited in parts like protecting the wagon and fighting the dudes on warthogs. But those parts turned out to be not just too easy, but over too fast. And not epic enough.

...I did fall in love with the western town part and would love an entire game based on a Western Zelda.

Dude. Hidden Village is like THE best part of Twilight Princess. Shame that it was, well, like just about everything in TP, too short.

Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality.

I learned that all things explode in slowmotion if you punch them hard enough.

You may have to be on fire for that to happen, though.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #981 on: March 26, 2011, 08:30:49 PM
LoZ actually fits in very well with the western theme.

Hell, I consider Red Dead Redemption more of a Western Zelda than a Western GTA, for the way your character and abilities grow, and for the costumization and richness of the open world. An actually western world Zelda would be magnificent.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #982 on: March 26, 2011, 08:40:56 PM
LoZ actually fits in very well with the western theme.

Hell, I consider Red Dead Redemption more of a Western Zelda than a Western GTA, for the way your character and abilities grow, and for the costumization and richness of the open world. An actually western world Zelda would be magnificent.

I can see it now. Link with dual pistols, riding Epona through Hyrule field shooting down any moblins that wanna get up in his face.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #983 on: March 26, 2011, 09:03:43 PM
I can see it now. Link with dual pistols, riding Epona through Hyrule field shooting down any moblins that wanna get up in his face.
Heck, the new post-Wind Waker-new-land-discovery Hyrule has trains, right? Why can't it be the victim of an arid desert curse that turns the land into sand with a few towns and places in between, ala islands and station places? That way, you could traverse the desert with Epona, or by taking a train, Link would have a cowboy-ized green suit (his hat wouldn't change, of course) and carry a scarf to traverse into snowstorms. He could arrive in the local salloon and mow down any troublemaking moblins. Have midtown duels with bosses. An Enrio Morricone-like soundtrack. If the technology allows it, maybe even a dungeon that is a legendary huge Dune-like sandworm that traverses the desert and you have to enter it.

There are so many cool things. Bandit moblins. Highway/train robberies. Ganon as the actual desert King of Thieves, making Hurrahs in towns and robbing banks for artifacts.

"We don't take kindly to Hyrulians in this'ere side 'o the desert, pardner."

The possibilities are endless.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #984 on: March 26, 2011, 09:10:40 PM
Heck, the new post-Wind Waker-new-land-discovery Hyrule has trains, right? Why can't it be the victim of an arid desert curse that turns the land into sand with a few towns and places in between, ala islands and station places? That way, you could traverse the desert with Epona, or by taking a train, Link would have a cowboy-ized green suit (his hat wouldn't change, of course) and carry a scarf to traverse into snowstorms. He could arrive in the local salloon and mow down any troublemaking moblins. Have midtown duels with bosses. An Enrio Morricone-like soundtrack. If the technology allows it, maybe even a dungeon that is a legendary huge Dune-like sandworm that traverses the desert and you have to enter it.

There are so many cool things. Bandit moblins. Highway/train robberies. Ganon as the actual desert King of Thieves, making Hurrahs in towns and robbing banks for artifacts.

"We don't take kindly to Hyrulians in this'ere side 'o the desert, pardner."

The possibilities are endless.

Good sir. You just officially made my day.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #985 on: March 27, 2011, 05:34:33 AM
Back when OOT, Majora and Wind Waker came out, Nintendo was willing to take risks. Go through with crazy stuff, and see if it stuck.

Right now, they're just hopelessly trying to pander to fans. Zelda likewise, since first, they tried to bring back OOT with TP, and now, they're making it more cartoony again but keeping adult Link, like the fans want. Trying to please everyone at the same time.

They should just go crazy and release something completely different, unexpected and controversial.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #986 on: March 27, 2011, 06:30:54 AM
Back when OOT, Majora and Wind Waker came out, Nintendo was willing to take risks. Go through with crazy stuff, and see if it stuck.

Right now, they're just hopelessly trying to pander to fans. Zelda likewise, since first, they tried to bring back OOT with TP, and now, they're making it more cartoony again but keeping adult Link, like the fans want. Trying to please everyone at the same time.

They should just go crazy and release something completely different, unexpected and controversial.

That's the thing these days. A company gives the fanbase what they want, yet it ends up not being all that great in the end. For example, I found out that some kids wanted a Sonic character with a gun. Boom. Shadow the Hedgehog.

On second though... Maybe that's not such a good example... It sucked anyways.

Give me some time to think of a better example....

Give me some time...

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #987 on: March 27, 2011, 06:35:40 AM
What pisses me off, is that Shadow could have potencially been great. The game could have just used him without referencing Sonic, and had a good, decent, gun-based gameplay they tried something new.

Instead, it was a very, very bug-ridden Heroes mod.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #988 on: March 29, 2011, 07:39:35 AM
What pisses me off, is that Shadow could have potencially been great. The game could have just used him without referencing Sonic, and had a good, decent, gun-based gameplay they tried something new.

Instead, it was a very, very bug-ridden Heroes mod.

Many of the really bad Sonic games had a lot of potential. Hell. 06 could've been pretty good if it weren't so bad.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #989 on: March 29, 2011, 10:14:14 AM
could've been pretty good if it weren't so bad.
You can say that about everything. =P

I was talking about how when everyone was saying Sega were nazis for allowing such a thing to happen, I was thinking how rad the new concept was, and even if the game was fueled by idiotic little fanboy desire on the website, it had a whole lot of potencial.

Then it became the game that made me lose all hope in Sonic Team for almost a decade.

...let's go back to Zelda again, shall we?

What would you guys like to see in a Zelda game apart from the same stuff we're used to?

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #990 on: March 29, 2011, 10:12:53 PM
What would you guys like to see in a Zelda game apart from the same stuff we're used to?

Well, weapon combination, like in TP with Bomb Arrows and the Hawkeye Bow was interesting. Perhaps more freedom with it, like combining the whip and the sword, or maybe create healing arrows or something like that by combinging arrows and potions.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #991 on: March 29, 2011, 10:39:07 PM
I was thinking more in terms of big differences in world and characters, as well as story.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #992 on: March 30, 2011, 02:21:37 AM
Well, I'd like, for once, to see some sort of twist in the story. One that's not predictable like "Herp derp it was Ganon not Zant."

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #993 on: March 30, 2011, 02:46:55 AM
"YOU'VE BEEN SAILING ON TOP OF HYRULE ALL ALONG" not enough of a twist for you?

Or "the Wind Fish dreamed all that [parasitic bomb] all along and everyone you've known just ceased to exist, and the bad guys just wanted to keep on living"?

Or "Holy [parasitic bomb] there's a completely alternate world with different dungeons all along"

Or "holy [parasitic bomb] I'm old now and Hyrule is an apocalyptic wasteland"

Or "Holy [parasitic bomb] Majora's Mask is a demigod from hell and I'm stuck in a time loop"

Zelda has so many twists.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #994 on: March 30, 2011, 03:56:12 AM
"YOU'VE BEEN SAILING ON TOP OF HYRULE ALL ALONG" not enough of a twist for you?

Or "the Wind Fish dreamed all that [parasitic bomb] all along and everyone you've known just ceased to exist, and the bad guys just wanted to keep on living"?

Or "Holy [parasitic bomb] there's a completely alternate world with different dungeons all along"

Or "holy [parasitic bomb] I'm old now and Hyrule is an apocalyptic wasteland"

Or "Holy [parasitic bomb] Majora's Mask is a demigod from hell and I'm stuck in a time loop"

Zelda has so many twists.

Nah. Not good enough. I mean the kind of twist where you're like HOLY [parasitic bomb] I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING.

The wind fish thing was just Mario 2 channeled into a Zelda game. And you could figure that you're sailing on top of Hyrule just by watching the intro, so yeah...

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #995 on: March 30, 2011, 09:45:22 AM
Nah. Not good enough. I mean the kind of twist where you're like HOLY [parasitic bomb] I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING.

The wind fish thing was just Mario 2 channeled into a Zelda game. And you could figure that you're sailing on top of Hyrule just by watching the intro, so yeah...
I didn't see any of them coming. What intro? And what kind of twist do you even want? And Mario 2? That's what Nintendo fans call the "It was all a dream" ending? Hah. First off, it wasn't your own dream. It was real in the sense that it was an illusion destined to make you stay. His dream became reality. And it didn't want him to wake up, or else it would disappear forever. I don't see what that has anything to do with Mario 2 in the first place. It's like saying FFX's ending has anything to do with both.

What kind of twist do you consider a "I didn't see it coming" twist? If you didn't watch clips of the game before playing the damn thing, you wouldn't be spoiled, and honestly, it wasn't the kind of twist you'd imagine easily was gonna happen.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #996 on: March 30, 2011, 09:49:00 AM
I want a Zelda where the races actually can openly trade with each other, and also communicate, sending ambassadors and such to the other lands. I want to see Zoras trading water or something with Gerudos. I want Gorons to help build houses for Kokiri.

I want a more immersive and REAL Hyrule.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #997 on: March 30, 2011, 09:50:58 AM
That would be pretty damn awesome. There isn't enough interaction between races, yeah. It's what I expected to see in Twilight Princess, but then it just went and copied OOT.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #998 on: March 30, 2011, 09:57:34 AM
That would be pretty damn awesome. There isn't enough interaction between races, yeah. It's what I expected to see in Twilight Princess, but then it just went and copied OOT.

I was so disappointed, but I did like the way the Gorons came down from Death Mountain and kind of stayed in Kakariko in TP. It was a nice little touch. I'd just like to see a more united Hyrule.

Like for a final boss fight, instead of an immediate one on one, maybe Ganondorf (or whoever) raised and army of the dead, or mindless monsters to follow? You got the goddamn Zoras, Gorons and whatever other races offering their armies for the last stand for Hyrule. You have to battle your way to the Big Boss himself, and not just hack-n-slash kind of way, you gotta use your skills to your advantage.
Once you've made it, depending on what side has an upper hand at the time, it can hinder or help you.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #999 on: March 30, 2011, 10:22:55 AM
I was so disappointed, but I did like the way the Gorons came down from Death Mountain and kind of stayed in Kakariko in TP. It was a nice little touch. I'd just like to see a more united Hyrule.

Personally, I'd like to see a more divided Hyrule. Really make it where the other races, over the years, have grown very distrustful & hateful of the other races, to the point of all out Hyrulian War. What I would also like to see is more play on the Triforce. Perhaps the King of Hyrule is corrupt due to the dark influence of Ganon's use of the Triforce of Power on him, maybe even having Ganon being the representation of the ideal that power corrupts. (and I mean Ganon, not Ganondorf). Maybe he could be using the Triforce of Power to influence all the leaders of the respective races, and it is up to Zelda to be an ambassador of peace, to spread wisdom and understanding to each of the races. However, to do this, she requires the courage of a young boy who defends her as she journeys out into the market, trying to escape. I would try and definitely make an age difference. Have Ganon be old & kind of a monster, have Zelda be a woman, and have Link be a young lad, around maybe 12-13.

I'd also love if the game had a possible 2 player co-op mode in which Zelda is playable.