Align · 344226

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #225 on: August 21, 2009, 02:47:21 AM
It probably would have been a different story if Nintendo hadn't released it unfinished and broken.
Wii remote is functional enough without Motion Plus's 1:1 swordplay.  However, I WILL say, if it cannot stab, there is something wrong.

It's weird.  You'd think launching with a Zelda title would have alerted them to that.

Double Helix Sword, thank you very much! 
Quoted for truth.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #226 on: August 21, 2009, 02:52:24 AM
Wii remote is functional enough without Motion Plus's 1:1 swordplay.  However, I WILL say, if it cannot stab, there is something wrong.

Very true. They still gimped the [tornado fang] out of it for TP's launch though. :\

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #227 on: August 26, 2009, 08:38:22 PM
Due to listening to the Twilight Princess OST as of lately, I decided to put in my old Ocarina of Time N64 cardridge again and play a bit around.

I must be the biggest slowpoke in the history of videogaming, but now, after almost ELEVEN FREAKING YEARS, I've finally beaten the Water Temple!

I had already beaten it sort of two years or so ago on the GameCube version by cheating (>_> Yeah, I know, but I was too frustrated), but now I've finally managed to do it on the N64 version. Now, all I need to do is take on the Kakariko Well and with the combined experience of N64 and GCN, I've beaten all of Ocarina of Time...

Yeah, I feel pretty stupid, yet at the same time I can't help but feel euphoric as well.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #228 on: August 26, 2009, 09:45:31 PM
i don't blame ya.. the water temples in the 3D games are usually pretty bad.. >>

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: August 26, 2009, 09:46:39 PM
I loved Great Bay Temple though.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #230 on: August 26, 2009, 09:47:52 PM
I didn't have that hard of a time with the Water Temple, though...

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: August 26, 2009, 09:54:16 PM
i don't blame ya.. the water temples in the 3D games are usually pretty bad.. >>

Agreed in OoT and TP, disagreed in MM (at least in a replay).

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #232 on: August 26, 2009, 10:08:35 PM
well of course majora's was great, you were a zora through most of it.

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: August 26, 2009, 10:16:54 PM
ELVEN FREAKING YEARS

Oh Ben, you witty bastard.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: August 26, 2009, 11:06:26 PM
My biggest complaint with the Water Temple was that you were always constantly putting the Iron Boots on and off.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: August 26, 2009, 11:14:27 PM
Quick question, do we have to count the Tower of The Gods in WW when we mention Water Temples? I kinda liked that one.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #236 on: August 26, 2009, 11:15:31 PM
I had already beaten it sort of two years or so ago on the GameCube version by cheating (>_> Yeah, I know, but I was too frustrated), but now I've finally managed to do it on the N64 version. Now, all I need to do is take on the Kakariko Well and with the combined experience of N64 and GCN, I've beaten all of Ocarina of Time...
You know, I try not to consider myself an "eleet" gamer, but reading that post certainly bloats my ego a bit.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: August 26, 2009, 11:16:07 PM
wind waker in general was the water dungeon

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #238 on: August 26, 2009, 11:16:52 PM
My biggest complaint with the Water Temple was that you were always constantly putting the Iron Boots on and off.

Yea, but after a while, you get used to it. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #239 on: August 26, 2009, 11:17:54 PM
wind waker in general was the water dungeon
Greatest game ever! :D Actually, I liked the Wind Waker. '>.>

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: August 26, 2009, 11:20:37 PM
Greatest game ever! :D Actually, I liked the Wind Waker. '>.>

Seriously, if Windwaker had even two more dungeons, it would have easily surpassed the Ocarina of Time in all capacities.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: August 26, 2009, 11:22:36 PM
Seriously, if Windwaker had even two more dungeons, it would have easily surpassed the Ocarina of Time in all capacities.
About 80% of the game is actually exploring the sea for treasure--mainly the Heart Pieces. I also explored for money because you never had enough money in the Wind Waker. You were always buying something and everything was pretty expensive.

My point, another dungeon or two would have killed most of this sea busywork.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #242 on: August 26, 2009, 11:24:14 PM
I think Windwaker was the closest to a 3D Zelda 1 we will ever see. No wonder why I loved just sailing and exploring. OCEAN TOO BIG comments be damned.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: August 26, 2009, 11:31:33 PM
I think Windwaker was the closest to a 3D Zelda 1 we will ever see. No wonder why I loved just sailing and exploring. OCEAN TOO BIG comments be damned.
I never said the Great Sea was too big. I just didn't like all the busywork. Usually in Zelda games, most Heart Pieces are earned through side quests. In the Wind Waker, most of them are treasure. I guess this means it's more like classic games.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: August 27, 2009, 12:07:07 AM
Well, in my book horse > boat, so there's just no way WW can hold a candle to TP in that regard.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: August 27, 2009, 12:25:52 AM
I never said the Great Sea was too big. I just didn't like all the busywork. Usually in Zelda games, most Heart Pieces are earned through side quests. In the Wind Waker, most of them are treasure. I guess this means it's more like classic games.

No no no, I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the opinion at large stating that the Ocean was tedious to explore.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: August 27, 2009, 12:51:54 AM
your placement for reeling up treasure chests needed to be disgustingly precise, if memory serves. everything with KoRL felt like a chore. especially early on when you have to travel halfway across the ocean and back again.

pretty sure that's only a slight exaggeration.

and for the record, rolling as a Goron is the best mode of travel.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: August 27, 2009, 01:21:49 AM
MM was always the best 3D Zelda they've made so far, in my opinion. OoT and TP both felt kind of bland in retrospect. As for WW, the sailing aspect definitely needed some tweaking. Otherwise, I like WW a good deal.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #248 on: August 27, 2009, 02:37:35 AM
What I liked most about TP was it's insane amount of polish (and also aiming with wiimote) - all those little things that added up and really hurt the experience were gone.
WW would've been more fun if I didn't have to stop to fight, and if there was less idle downtime of just rolling your thumbs while the boat moves straight forward.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: August 27, 2009, 02:54:08 AM
OoT had the story, cast, and pacing. Even the dungeons are fun to replay; I can't say that for any other LoZ.
MM had the scenery, bosses, and combat upgrades (plus other enhancing mechanics through the masks and Song of Double/Half Time, Bomber's Notebook, Time-Traveling Banker Girl with ADD, etc.).
TP had the collectible items (Bugs, Poes, Heart Pieces), graphics, and control mechanics on the Wii version.

The best LoZ game would combine these.
Overall, though, I probably would have to say OoT is the best overall from what I've played recently. The pacing is just infinitely better than MM and TP. The control mechanics are clunky at best, though, and the bosses are a sheer waiting game. Not hard, though they'll kill you if you get impatient having to wait out their attacks.