The Mystery of the Forum Users - Take 4

VixyNyan · 751050

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2400 on: November 15, 2013, 03:18:52 PM
Oh, don't mind Tron's paranoia. He's just expecting a little... more... "excitement" from you, that's all.

And... welcome aboard Valkyrie. Stay safe and stick to the rules, and I promise, we won't hurt you... much. XD
Paranoia.....right.

Anyway welcome to RPM.  Enjoy your stay and feel free to check out the other sections.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Archer

Reply #2401 on: November 15, 2013, 05:26:43 PM
Hey, we still have Mighty No.9 =P

That isn't Megaman though, why would I want to talk about it?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2402 on: November 15, 2013, 05:47:26 PM
That isn't Megaman though, why would I want to talk about it?
This statement is more funny to me than it should be since I know you.

While most of us like Megaman and it's pretty much the reason we came to this forum in the first place right now we just don't really have lasting discussions about it as of late due to obvious reasons.  As for Mighty No. 9 while it is something that the majority of us are interested in the discussion about that has died down since Mr. Inafune, Comcept and the rest of the awesome people working on this game are working hard on it and there haven't been many updates since the Kickstarter ended.

It's also apparent that when a new member shows up because they want to talk about Megaman they don't stay long since well, we don't really talk about Megaman that much anymore, besides like 3 or so members who have endless debates when someone makes a new Megaman topic.  

What I'm trying to say is that if your just here to talk about Megaman you probably won't get much out of that since there isn't much to discuss, we pretty much talked about almost everything there is to talk about Megaman over the years and unless Capcom suddenly decides to make a new game, which honestly doesn't seem likely, there isn't much to talk about that hasn't been talked about and the new topics we get are usually repeat topics, or opinion topics that last way longer than they should.

That's why I recommend that instead of coming in for Megaman you should come in for the community, we're a pretty nice, though sometimes snarky, sarcastic, and slightly cynical community, except the awesome Protoman Blues and Vixy, but we also want to have fun.  

You should check out places like the Gaming, Forum Games, Role Play, and Fan Creation sections since those are much more active than the Megaman sections.  It's really something we should talk about to all new members and we as a community haven't been doing a very good job of that and as such people rarely stay, though there have been those who have been coming back.

That's what I advise anyway.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2403 on: November 16, 2013, 01:59:45 AM
This statement is more funny to me than it should be since I know you.

While most of us like Megaman and it's pretty much the reason we came to this forum in the first place right now we just don't really have lasting discussions about it as of late due to obvious reasons.  As for Mighty No. 9 while it is something that the majority of us are interested in the discussion about that has died down since Mr. Inafune, Comcept and the rest of the awesome people working on this game are working hard on it and there haven't been many updates since the Kickstarter ended.

It's also apparent that when a new member shows up because they want to talk about Megaman they don't stay long since well, we don't really talk about Megaman that much anymore, besides like 3 or so members who have endless debates when someone makes a new Megaman topic.  

What I'm trying to say is that if your just here to talk about Megaman you probably won't get much out of that since there isn't much to discuss, we pretty much talked about almost everything there is to talk about Megaman over the years and unless Capcom suddenly decides to make a new game, which honestly doesn't seem likely, there isn't much to talk about that hasn't been talked about and the new topics we get are usually repeat topics, or opinion topics that last way longer than they should.

That's why I recommend that instead of coming in for Megaman you should come in for the community, we're a pretty nice, though sometimes snarky, sarcastic, and slightly cynical community, except the awesome Protoman Blues and Vixy, but we also want to have fun.  

You should check out places like the Gaming, Forum Games, Role Play, and Fan Creation sections since those are much more active than the Megaman sections.  It's really something we should talk about to all new members and we as a community haven't been doing a very good job of that and as such people rarely stay, though there have been those who have been coming back.

That's what I advise anyway.

Fair enough, I'd like to say talking about mega man isn't the only reason I joined just what drew me to this website to begin with. Once I get past that awkward "new member" phase I'm sure I'll find my place here.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2404 on: November 16, 2013, 03:05:01 AM
except the awesome Protoman Blues and Vixy

We are pretty awesome, yes!  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2405 on: November 16, 2013, 03:14:58 AM
We are pretty awesome, yes!  8D
Which is why you're my boss.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2406 on: November 16, 2013, 03:23:03 AM
That is precisely why I'm your boss, young one!  8)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2407 on: November 16, 2013, 04:20:39 AM
BOW TO MY GLORY!!

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2408 on: November 16, 2013, 07:08:17 AM
Oh, don't mind Tron's paranoia. He's just expecting a little... more... "excitement" from you, that's all.
I wot?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2409 on: November 16, 2013, 09:02:29 AM
I wot?
I didn't get it either dude, I didn't get it either.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2410 on: November 16, 2013, 09:43:05 AM
I wot?

Don't worry, its just another classic MC Hazard Nonsensicality.

Offline PorkWorth McSlaughter

• dem pigs taste good in my tummy
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #2411 on: December 19, 2013, 05:12:17 AM
Hi everyone, i like Megaman/Rockman, coincidentally mine and his birthday are on the same day but different years.

and thats all i got for now lol....

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2412 on: December 19, 2013, 05:20:05 AM
Hello, it's nice to meet you for the very first time.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2413 on: December 19, 2013, 05:42:45 AM
Hi everyone, i like Megaman/Rockman, coincidentally mine and his birthday are on the same day but different years.

and thats all i got for now lol....
Hello, new RPM'ian.
I hope you'll have a SMASHING stay.

I hope we can be friends.

[spoiler]OINK[/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2414 on: December 19, 2013, 05:56:31 AM
Be careful when browsing RPM.

There's lots of nasty germs here, particularly from deceased farm animals.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2415 on: December 19, 2013, 06:06:34 AM
Be careful when browsing RPM.

There's lots of nasty germs here, particularly from deceased farm animals.

I think the word you meant to use was diseased.

But yes, welcome, you should get yourself an avatar, mr. No Avatar.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2416 on: December 19, 2013, 06:08:44 AM
No, deceased means dead.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2417 on: December 19, 2013, 06:09:54 AM
Well yeah, I just thought that you had meant diseased farm animals instead of dead farm animals.

My mistake.

Offline Lunchebox

• Cyberelf
  • Who let this jerk in here?
    • View Profile
Reply #2418 on: January 25, 2014, 12:34:24 PM
Hi, I'm Lunchebox, and I was banned from here like... At least five or six years ago. Roughly. I'm a little surprised I was allowed to re-register without actually talking to anyone because, if I recall correctly, I kind of made a lot of people angry, and then came back through proxies to troll some more until it became too much of a bother. Not really a a shining moment for me now that I really think back on it.

I used to know DJ Sonic/Iraisu/Whatever the Admin's name is now and days. Suffice to say we haven't talked in a loooong time. I basically came back here because I can't sleep, went through my old photobucket account, and got reminded of this place and Megaman Matrix and kind of wanted to see what these places were like now, if they were even still active, and what how the board culture has changed, if it has. I know over at MMM, it's pretty much the same, due to inactivity, but a little more... I guess, mature, since everyone is about half a decade older since I last spoke to them.

Suffice to say, I'm not hear to troll or stir up any trouble. I'm basically indulging in curiosity and Nostalgia. From what I can glean from a quick glance at the Usernames attached to topics, I suspect that few people would remember who I am, and even less will care.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2419 on: January 25, 2014, 12:47:40 PM
I remember you and that's why I approved your account.  Welcome back, it's been a looooooong time.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2420 on: January 25, 2014, 12:52:22 PM
I swear that name sounds familiar but it was somebody banned before I joined.

Uh, welcome back? Rare to see anybody new or old register anymore.

Offline Lunchebox

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #2421 on: January 25, 2014, 12:55:51 PM
I remember you and that's why I approved your account.  Welcome back, it's been a looooooong time.

Eons by internet standards. At least there's ONE name I recognize. Funny enough, I knew who you were before I ever made a post on any Megaman board due to that one website... Er. The Sinister Six, I think, since I'd read the "Epilogues" there and you'd come up sometimes. That and i think Gauntlet's/Shadowman's MM3 team website for the same reason.

I swear that name sounds familiar but it was somebody banned before I joined.

Uh, welcome back? Rare to see anybody new or old register anymore.

It was probably me then. I was once in good with the Admin and then kinda wasn't because I decided to be a jerk about... something. I honestly don't remember. More than likely I was just being restless and making up excuses to start a conflict. I kinda doubt any of my old posts are even around at this point, but I was there at the beginning of this board. I do have a FEW fond memories of this place.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2422 on: January 25, 2014, 01:05:35 PM
This is the only MM board I'm still on.  I've floated around other communities since then, mainly been on Wookieepedia for about six years.  Gauntlet shows up here off and on, too.

This board went through two or three reboots that I can remember, the last one being in 08.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2423 on: January 25, 2014, 01:08:49 PM
Well you might have been here before the crash. In which case you're right about your posts being gone.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Lunchebox

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #2424 on: January 25, 2014, 01:11:38 PM
You know, I've never seen Guantlet post anywhere. Then again, I haven't exactly been the most dedicated Megaman community socialite. What caused all the reboots?

Yeah, if there was a crash/reboot, then those posts are definitely lost to History. Which is both kind of nice and a bit of a shame. I was hoping that I'd eventually be able to get to the secret board again, if indeed such a thing even exists any longer, to see if I could find some old posts that cracked me up when I was still active.