Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1001 on: September 16, 2011, 06:37:32 PM
Oh boy, here we go again...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1002 on: September 16, 2011, 08:07:42 PM
Fine, I'll edit it.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1003 on: September 16, 2011, 08:09:33 PM
I don't know how you manage it, Flash, but half the time you crack me up and the other half you annoy me to no end... XD

Ahem. Yeah, so I'm in the midst of a very fun discussion regarding Neku's appearance in KH3D over at the KHInsider forums... fun ideas have come out of it. ^.^

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1004 on: September 16, 2011, 08:27:13 PM
I mean to only anoy. The rest is accidental. =P

I seriously hope Nomura comes up with something good for that. I don't mind Neku's appearance, I even love it. But TWEWY had a kind of... well, long story short, it's the best damn story Nomura ever came up with, and one of the DS' greatest games. It wrapped up so well, I'd hate a sequel. So appearances like these, if well managed, could make sure we get an AWESOME Death God game dose, as well as keep away from ruining the perfect ending the first game had.

Not just that, but TWEWY was very much like a dark KH, with Tokyo instead of Disney, and a much darker plot. It's pretty cool that we'll finally see Neku fight the Noise in 3D, maybe even have him as Traverse Town's partner? I dunno, but it's been a long time since a Kingdom Hearts-related new character has made me this happy.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1005 on: September 16, 2011, 08:35:05 PM
Long post about Star Wars and Jedi Master similarities, Nomura latched on to a leash, KH1 praise, etc
*post gets edited*

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1006 on: September 16, 2011, 08:37:28 PM

What I edited it TO summed it all up pretty nicely.

But it's honestly impossible to play BBS without thinking of the Star Wars prequels.

...specially with Luke and Spock in the same game.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1007 on: September 16, 2011, 09:48:32 PM
And the two did an awesome job~

I still can't figure out why KH is so easy for me to follow.  Must be my low IQ hurhur~

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1008 on: September 16, 2011, 10:18:09 PM
Do you guys know what pisses me off? Like very, very much?
I can't go to a youtube video about KH (be it a trailer or something) and not see someone make a remark such as: "KH IS THE BEST STORY EVER TOLD!"
And it's sometimes even from people who are 18 years old or older. I mean, what? Don't they read books or even watch movies? I mean... I just don't [tornado fang]ing get it. The story is entertaining yes, but it's not in any shape of form "The best story ever". It makes we want to punch them in the face. Repeatedly.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1009 on: September 16, 2011, 11:04:34 PM
Ya know, the first game was great, but Nomura needs to put a restraining order onto himself. Sometimes I think this is comparable to whenever End of Evangelion makes an appearance in a Super Robot Wars.  -AC

..At least when it comes to character designs, he seems to know that belts and zippers sell.  XD

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1010 on: September 16, 2011, 11:23:10 PM
Do you guys know what pisses me off? Like very, very much?
I can't go to a youtube video about KH (be it a trailer or something) and not see someone make a remark such as: "KH IS THE BEST STORY EVER TOLD!"
And it's sometimes even from people who are 18 years old or older. I mean, what? Don't they read books or even watch movies? I mean... I just don't [tornado fang]ing get it. The story is entertaining yes, but it's not in any shape of form "The best story ever". It makes we want to punch them in the face. Repeatedly.
Explanation to yet another thing, which will undoubtly [acid burst] alot of people off, but I really don't give a [tornado fang]:

Kingdom Hearts... at least the saga as it is now, is a shonen anime. It has the depth and complexity of a big anime, which means characters alive and dead, super form names, power levels, place names and weapon models are a given. Anime, at least the typical common type, because I've seen some pretty good ones, thinks that slamming a huge amount of details and facts in things is comparable to story quality.

Kids these days don't read books. Therefore, we find quite a few idiots thinking that Final Fantasy VII is the greatest story ever, simply because it's the most they ever read in their lives. Kingdom Hearts is fanfiction with children's movies, which will be recognizeable to them, and it's a large number of facts they can understand.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1011 on: September 17, 2011, 12:54:55 AM
Homer, Tolstoi, Dickens, Goethe and Co. are rotating in their graves at light speed

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #1012 on: September 17, 2011, 03:25:33 AM
@Kharaxel

While most people don't read as much books as they use to, the KH is the best story ever is mostly opinion anyway. Also, Kindgom Hearts is a complex story but its complex for the wrong reasons, the direction of the series wasn't really that well thought out and you can tell that they are mostly in it for the money. I ask ths again, how 'complex' of a story do you need about a shonen boy hero with a key shaped sword fighting alongside with a dog and a duck?

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1013 on: September 17, 2011, 03:56:58 AM
@Kharaxel

While most people don't read as much books as they use to, the KH is the best story ever is mostly opinion anyway. Also, Kindgom Hearts is a complex story but its complex for the wrong reasons, the direction of the series wasn't really that well thought out and you can tell that they are mostly in it for the money. I ask ths again, how 'complex' of a story do you need about a shonen boy hero with a key shaped sword fighting alongside with a dog and a duck?

Same as (almost) every single anime ever. Complexity doesn't rely on the story being deep or the narrative having quality. It relies on how much bullshit you can pile on top and have it be referenced all the time so only "smart fans" will get it.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1014 on: September 17, 2011, 04:01:05 AM
It's why anime like Hetalia (which is crap) is still hot today. It's just for that reason, and can be applied to gaming franchises, just like this one~

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1015 on: September 17, 2011, 04:30:45 AM
I sure hope Nomura isn't aiming for an over arching, multi-complex story, because he failed hard. Mind you, I don't mean that the story isn't thought provoking. Really, there is only 3 or 4 ways to look at the story progression: Darkness fucks [parasitic bomb] up, Friends and allies become lost in darkness, Light overcomes darkness and the hero saves the day. That's all it's been from (chronologically) BBS to KH2/Coded. From that core perspective, they add FF, Disney and now TWEWY characters and worlds to sweeten the entertainment factor.

The battle between Light and Darkness is obviously an age-old thing, and the KH series is by no means the best or over-complex take on the topic. But I hope SE keeps in mind, first and foremost, it is a story about a boy and his Keyblade. Fighting for his friends. Simple and fun. It's supposed to be a average, pick-up-and play series with a simple storyline. And I feel that lately they have been trying to needlessly add "filler" darkness and "lost memory" ploys to try and deepen the series. If they want to go any deeper, just focus on MX's "resurrection", have Sora (and Riku) kick his ass, and done.

Hell, not even an average Final Fantasy game gets terribly deep.

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #1016 on: September 17, 2011, 05:06:28 AM
It's why anime like Hetalia (which is crap) is still hot today. It's just for that reason, and can be applied to gaming franchises, just like this one~

thanks to the brainless fans, you know  the the unlimited supply of morons what this planet can offer?(i mean no offense but sometimes is true)

anyway....maybe nomura really [tornado fang] it up, it mean everything was fine, until he put alot of  FF characters... i mean what he did?
1.- he bring FFVII dramas in kh.... yeah aerith is alive and she meet cloud in the end of the game yeah yeah cool(sarcasm mode)
now can we get in the present game plot???
and in KH2 is worse....introducing tifa with a breast reduction...i only endured her painful speech about light for the fenrir keychain...jeezzz what game im playing again? hk2 of ffvII?
2.-i think since KH2 disney characters doesn`t much purpose...well maybe comedic purpose (honestly they aren`t funny, the first time in kh1, i dont wanted donald and goofy, they where so patetic, in the actual gamplay they are really useful, but in cutscenes...it make want to cut your veins)

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1017 on: September 17, 2011, 05:16:54 AM
*engrish*

As a certain american bandit would say..

"Speak english, it's the only language I can understand."

It's NOT about the things you mentioned, it's about the how meaningless is to deepen an already established plot, and open more plot holes than a irish bum opening more cans of beer in the process.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1018 on: September 17, 2011, 05:20:42 AM
something about FF and cutting veins bullshit

FF characters didn't add to the complexity or "[tornado fang] up" the story. It added variety to the game, and gave you the opportunity to try out different attacks. And what's wrong with Donald and Goofy? Strip away the Disney themes from the series and you don't have KH. You need to stop playing this series.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1019 on: September 17, 2011, 05:26:03 AM
As a certain american bandit would say..

"Speak english, it's the only language I can understand."

It's NOT about the things you mentioned, it's about the how meaningless is to deepen an already established plot, and open more plot holes than a irish bum opening more cans of beer in the process.
I'm sorry, but as someone who in the past has attempted to help you with your spelling (several times), I find this rather funny. I mean, even though slayer's bad English annoys me, I don't bug him about it. Why? The reason's in his sig.

Ahem. I think the KH characters are added to make the world a bit more unique, and also to give the unique worlds some inhabitants that long-time Squeenix fans are already familiar with.

I, for one, love the fact that in Dissidia Duodecim, Cloud, Sephiroth, and Squall have DLC outfits that are taken from KH1.

Also, news.
Quote from: KHInsider
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance appeared in playable form at the Tokyo Game Show with hardly anything known about its core gameplay. Those who played it might have already figured out the basics, but just to be sure Tetsuya Nomura appeared on the rarely updated Kingdom Hearts official Twitter with some details.

Nomura highlights three new gameplay systems:

Free Flow Action

These are the "flashy" actions Nomura has mentioned in the past. By pressing Y, you can make your character kick off walls, swing around poles, slide down rails, and so-forth. You can string together these actions. You can also connect into other moves -- pressing A or a powerful attack, or B for a jump.

Reality Shift

When you're attacking enemies, objects and enemies will sometimes be highlighted with a cursor. Press X and A simultaneously, and you can perform special attacks through the lower screen.

Dual Link

In DDD, you fight along side demons known as "Dream Eaters." In the TGS demo, you start off with two of these in your party. As you build up a gauge, the Dream Eater's icon will begin to flash. Tap the icon on the lower screen, and you'll be able to do a team attack. You can also team up with both Dream Eaters simultaneously.

Source

EDIT: Who wants to see Sora's scenario now?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K297I7zJ3-c[/youtube]

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1020 on: September 17, 2011, 05:32:55 AM
I know, but sometimes how he puts it in a list and doesn't use the enter key on occasions can make it confusing (and now I use spellcheck 95% of the time, heh).

...But yeah, characters add variety to this series. If you take out the disney characters, who will guard the macguffins the bad guys want? It will also take longer, and such.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1021 on: September 17, 2011, 05:33:35 AM
Congratulations, Gaia. I tried to get you to do that HOW many times? :P

Ahem. Post edited above w/ new video.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1022 on: September 17, 2011, 06:20:48 AM
EDIT: Who wants to see Sora's scenario now?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K297I7zJ3-c[/youtube]

Lookin' sharp there Neku.

Battles look pretty much the same as BBS, which is a very good thing. However, like BBS, there is noticeable lag when things get intense. I would have thought the framerate would move smoother since it's not running off a disc, therefore less load and buffer. Hopefully that lag is cleaned up in the final version (or the inevitable Japan-exclusive Final Mix version). As of now, KH2 still has the silkiest movements in the series for whatever reason.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1023 on: September 17, 2011, 10:17:40 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YxQC3jIqxg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Yeah, it's the same video, but now there's English subtitles for the scenes, and it's been edited to only show the gameplay. I mean, they're still in the corner, but it doesn't focus purely on them now.

Be sure that Closed Captioning is on in the video, or you won't see the subtitles!

Posted on: September 17, 2011, 09:11:52

Darkness becomes light,
Light falls into darkness.
Dreams are connected to each other--
When you fall into a dream,
You are connected through dreams to "The world enclosed in sleep".
And if you open the "Keyhole of sleep" in that world,
The world will be released--

As for the other one pictured previously...

Dream Eater:
The Heartless are made up of darkness.
But in "The world enclosed by sleep" a different darkness exists.
Monsters who eat dreams, "Dream Eaters"
These are divided into two types: "ones that eat dreams and plant nightmares" and "ones that eat nightmares"

System:
Sora and Riku both fly around among new Disney worlds. Moreover there's evolved action, and new cooperative techniques with their new Dream Eater friends.
Source

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1024 on: September 17, 2011, 11:58:22 AM
Who here thought that Genesis in Crisis Core was pretty much an excuse for the guy to add as much pretentious monologues than ever? =P All he needs to say is that he's quoting some kinda book he loves, and he can put as many "Look at meeee, I'm speaking in riddles cuz I'm smart, although my character is paper thin!". He loves his shiny-haired evil androgynous men speaking in dramatic overtones, even though their intentions are pretty much the same as any DBZ villain.

Anyway, gameplay's looking pretty awesome, and the new moves are cool. And those pet things move as adorably as they look. Gameplay-wise, I don't think we're ever gonna have to worry about card systems and limitated movesets ever again, because all new consoles can pretty much handle it all.