The Kingdom Hearts Thread

VixyNyan · 387893

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #975 on: September 15, 2011, 09:38:11 PM
Updated my Sora Clone list.

...we have eleven Soras, ladies and gentlemen.

Oh Nomuraaaaaaaa

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #976 on: September 15, 2011, 11:22:50 PM
I was looking at the site...

and then it crashed on me... :(

But it looks friggin' awesome!

EDIT: It seems the page just doesn't like Chrome right now; opened right up in Firefox. (This is why I have both).

But yeah, I gotta say. Neku looks pretty cool in full 3D. As for the tidbit that Famitsu translated...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #977 on: September 15, 2011, 11:25:51 PM
VEN, CLONE OF ROXAS WHO IS A CLONE OF SORA MADE OUT OF HALF A SORA CLONE
VENTUS, CLONE OF ROXAS WHO IS A SORA CLONE WHO DIVIDES INTO TWO SORA CLONES

Wait what.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #978 on: September 16, 2011, 12:05:21 AM
Wait what.
Ven's two dudes. Ven and Vanitas. When it turns out he's too much of a pussy to do anything, Xehanort divides him into Ven (good) and Vanitas (evil).

So, clone of a clone who divides in two clones, one of which is a clone of the original.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #979 on: September 16, 2011, 12:23:53 AM
You do realize that both Ventus and Vanitas existed when Sora was but a wee kid, and neither of them have any interaction with 5-year-old Sora, right?

Ahem, for those having issues with the site like I have, I have transcribed the important posts (since I had to look it up on my DS *.*) here.
[spoiler=Aforementioned Posts]
Quote from: Famitsu
KINGDOM HEARTS 3D: Dream Drop Distance Releasing Spring 2012 in Japan
   The trailer begins with Yen Sid's voice explaining the circumstances of the adventure taking place this time around. It seems Riku and Sora will be contending to finally become Keyblade Masters. It takes place in "the world submerged in sleep", but the details are still unknown. Also, the enemies are called Dream Eaters, goblins who consume sleep.

Once again, Sora descends into Traverse Town, calling in search for Riku, when he hears the voice of a new character say, "The Noise are horrible..." The guest character appearing is Neku, the headphones toting main character from "It's a Wonderful World" (The World Ends With You). It seems Neku is caught in the Reaper's Game, where if you cannot complete the mission given by the Reapers, your existence will be eliminated. But he doesn't have a partner, it seems Sora may be lending him a hand?

Then suddenly the round form of an adorable creature appears. That creature is shown rolling about on the flat top side of a hand using the camera function. Just like a puppy, you can see it's belly. Seems you can pet it using the touch pad, it looks so cute when it's eyes light up! It seems Sora befriends it, riding upon it during battle and hopping around on it. Also, it's so speedy it's hard to tell what's happening, but since the original concept of the title is "bold action", it seems that the battles are more refreshing that anything in the series so far!

There is also a surprise in the final scene. There is a cutscene from Xehanort's point of view, the camera faces Braig who says, "Has your memory returned?" Maybe this will be one of the memories explained in this title.

Quote from: KHInsider.com
   We have our first KH3D floor report! KHInsider's own krexia was able to play Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance at this year's Tokyo Game Show, and she's sent in the sweet details about the demo for our readers! Without further adieu:

SORA'S SCENARIO

We start off with Sora back in Traverse Town. He's got new clothes but... he apparently doesn't know why! It seems he's been separated from Riku, and Sora immediately yells out for his friend. It's then that we first see Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You. Neku promptly tells Sora to shut his noisy mouth and asks if he is a participant in the "Reaper's Game". Since Sora doesn't have the countdown stamp on his hand like Neku, it appears he is not.

Sora heroically offers his help to Neku as a friend. Neku retorts that Sora can't make friends that easy, to which Sora replies that it is easy. Neku then promptly dashes off into Traverse Town in a cloud of sparkles.

It's here that you gain control of Sora, fighting through Traverse Town. The X button on the 3DS is you "freeflow" button, which will allow Sora and Riku to do all sorts of crazy and fast maneuvers such as bouncing off of walls and swinging around poles. The idea behind this mechanic is freedom of movement based around objects in the environment. While in freeflow you can attack by pressing the attack button, and it will be contextual to where you are in freeflow. It's particularly flashy and fun to execute. However, it seems that the camera is a bit slow in keeping up with these maneuvers.

Commands are structured just like Birth by Sleep and Re:coded in which you can cycle through abilities. Use one and there will be a cooldown before you can use it again. You get the idea. At the end of Sora's scenario he fights a boss. The boss can be described as boxy with long arms. It can attack from a distance by shooting it's arms into the foreground. This looks particularly impressive in 3D. After the boss is defeated, Sora's scenario ends.

RIKU'S SCENARIO

We see Quasimodo carrying Esmerelda towards the Cathedral of Notre Dame when we first visit Le Cité des Cloches (The City of Bells). Riku is with them and also sporting a new outfit and shorter hair. It seems he is protecting them.

Riku battles inside the cathedral, and you can freeflow between the pillars inside. It's important to note that Sora and Riku are now accompanied by new companions we've seen in the keyart. Sora's companions are described as a panda-like creature and a smaller more "squirrely" companion. Riku's companions are described as something resembling a unicorn and a bat.

When the group reaches the top of the cathedral, Riku's boss fight begins. It's a winged flying boss, and for this fight Riku is able to fly. You must jump up to the roof and chase it in flight around the cathedral. This is also impressive looking in 3D.
[/spoiler]

copypasta is so much easier than having to retype articles in full...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #980 on: September 16, 2011, 12:52:04 AM
Wait.. Sora gets Neku and Riku, of ALL PEOPLE, get Notre Dame? ...wat.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #981 on: September 16, 2011, 12:57:19 AM
Gaia, this is just the demo.

I'm sure that in the final version all worlds will be visited by both.

(I'm also sure that the camera issue mentioned will be resolved)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #982 on: September 16, 2011, 01:35:53 AM
You do realize that both Ventus and Vanitas existed when Sora was but a wee kid, and neither of them have any interaction with 5-year-old Sora, right?

Ahem, for those having issues with the site like I have, I have transcribed the important posts (since I had to look it up on my DS *.*) here.
[spoiler=Aforementioned Posts][/spoiler]

copypasta is so much easier than having to retype articles in full...
I call them all clones because they were created after the original. The original being Sora in Kingdom Hearts 1, and the creator being Nomura, the Tite Kubo of gaming.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #983 on: September 16, 2011, 01:51:24 AM
Ven's two dudes. Ven and Vanitas. When it turns out he's too much of a pussy to do anything, Xehanort divides him into Ven (good) and Vanitas (evil).

So, clone of a clone who divides in two clones, one of which is a clone of the original.

I know that, but what I quoted of your list says Ven and Ventus which are literally the exact same person, and not in a clone/heartless/nobody/data/evil side/whatever way. That is unless nicknames now count as another person and nobody told me.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #984 on: September 16, 2011, 01:54:50 AM
I know that, but what I quoted of your list says Ven and Ventus which are literally the exact same person, and not in a clone/heartless/nobody/data/evil side/whatever way. That is unless nicknames now count as another person and nobody told me.
One is a guy, the other is half of that guy, which makes it a completely different guy in its own way. And we ARE talking about a game in which characters are divided into two halves as a routine.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #985 on: September 16, 2011, 02:02:21 AM

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #986 on: September 16, 2011, 02:05:47 AM
One is a guy, the other is half of that guy, which makes it a completely different guy in its own way. And we ARE talking about a game in which characters are divided into two halves as a routine.

...are you talking about Vanitas or are you saying that Ven (before having Vanitas separated) and Ven (after having Vanitas separated) count as different people to you? Because then why not divide Roxas into Roxas and Roxas (with Xion), and then Sora into Sora, Sora (with Ven), Sora (without Roxas), and Sora (with Ven, Roxas, and Xion) while you're at it? =/

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #987 on: September 16, 2011, 02:11:53 AM

How it's supposed to be is Ven and Vanitas. Period. There's no Ven and "half of Ven", because that half is already Vanitas himself. And you already listed Vanitas, so that "half of Ven" is covered and accounted for. Anything further will just cause a paradox. :P

So in actuality, there should only be 10 clones on your list.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #988 on: September 16, 2011, 02:21:24 AM
...are you talking about Vanitas or are you saying that Ven (before having Vanitas separated) and Ven (after having Vanitas separated) count as different people to you? Because then why not divide Roxas into Roxas and Roxas (with Xion), and then Sora into Sora, Sora (with Ven), Sora (without Roxas), and Sora (with Ven, Roxas, and Xion) while you're at it? =/
Good idea!

Naice poster. I like the pets. Cute and bright, the way KH should be.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #989 on: September 16, 2011, 02:31:44 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #990 on: September 16, 2011, 03:01:46 AM
While I like that poster, I'm more interested in the symbol on the dog's chest.

Could that be the symbol of the Dream Eaters?

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #991 on: September 16, 2011, 03:37:17 AM
Probably. I'm liking their designs quite a bit. Just hope enemies aren't too similar.

I'm also hoping we get a little bit of Noise cameos.

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #992 on: September 16, 2011, 01:05:37 PM
i can`t see the image >.<

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #993 on: September 16, 2011, 01:13:26 PM
Less blurry version of the TGS poster.

...Wonder Cat looks more like Wonder Mutt, but that's just me.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #994 on: September 16, 2011, 01:24:19 PM
Let me re-up it for ya then.

Take this too.

And these.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc-HLuYAqAY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLIHG-HcW38[/youtube]

EDIT: CURSE YOU GONZO!

Imagesniped... :P

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #995 on: September 16, 2011, 01:38:54 PM
The gameplay looks nice. I hope it's compatible with the second slide pad for the camera, though.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #996 on: September 16, 2011, 01:46:10 PM
The gameplay looks nice. I hope it's compatible with the second slide pad for the camera, though.

It was on a list of compatible games for the peripheral.

Monster Hunter Tri G
    Resident Evil: Revelations
    Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
    Ace Combat
    Dynasty Warriors VS.
    Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #997 on: September 16, 2011, 02:33:55 PM
It was on a list of compatible games for the peripheral.
Good then. It'll help with the menu as well in other setups, I bet.

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #998 on: September 16, 2011, 06:08:24 PM
for what i `ve read, xenahort, is alive again....(weak plotline or they want to give the player the chance to kill the bald bastard by themselves)
but...our heroes still have to pass a test to be giant key masters...
and other many things....

but still are some questions.... in kh1.. he keyblade was supposed to be unique, in kh2 riku got one, ok, but why hand one to kairi?....whatever
but since BBS...there are keyblades everywhere...and to be honest...many of them looks awesome...in comparison to poor sora who only have the most generic of all...
that`s means the kingdom chain has the same purpose of every "light keyblade"?
anyone with a light k.blade could seal all the worlds? , cuz sora skill came from poor old ventus

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #999 on: September 16, 2011, 06:17:52 PM
Here's the thing.
[spoiler=In the secret video in Re:coded]
It is explained by Yen Sid that since Xehanort's heart was freed (by defeating Ansem, Seeker of Darkness in KH1) and since his body is freed (by defeating Xemnas in KH2), the original Master Xehanort will be free to walk once more. But there may be more than one of him.

He then tells Mickey to get Sora and Riku, to have them show the Mark of Mastery, which, as we all know, is what part of KH3D will be about.[/spoiler]

As for the rest, the Keyblade Sora has in KH1... belongs to Riku. It always was his, but once Sora had his MY FRIENDS ARE MY POWER speech in Hollow Bastion, the Keyblade switched to the one with the stronger heart. Riku also lost it because he was already giving in to the darkness.

This explains why both Sora and Riku have Keyblades. Another reason for this (and also why Kairi has one) is because in Birth by Sleep, Ventus, Terra, and Aqua (respectively) give them each the power to wield the Keyblade.

As for the light and dark keyblades... also explained in BbS is that there are separate families of Keyblades. Those of Light (which Sora wields), those of Darkness (same as the light but found in the realm of darkness; see Mickey's Kingdom Key D), and then those of Heart. That last one is only really relevant to the χ-blade.

Lastly, as to sealing the worlds... that's a standard feature to the keyblade. Locking and unlocking things, whether it's chests, hearts, or even worlds.