AquaTeamV3 · 3547

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
on: December 31, 2009, 03:59:29 AM
Welcome to the 10th topic in the "Rate and Discuss" series! This topic is about a weapon that really hits it's target, the Homing Missile!

Crafted from a Bottle Rocket and Radar Notes, this weapon is a nice upgrade of the Active Buster from the first game. It's upgrade costs stack up to a rather expensive 2,950,000z, which makes it the 3rd most expensive weapon in the game. Seeing as you get this very early on in the game, you can upgrade this over the course of the game.

The Homing Missile causes Megaman to fire a small projectile that homes in on the opponent. Very simple, yet very useful. They can be upgraded to do rather nice amounts of damage, and the energy can be made infinite as well, which really helps. They also break the Gorubeshu's shields, as well as other defenses.

This is probably one of the most versatile weapons in the game, as it pretty much aids you from the time you get it towards the end of the game. You can also run while firing it, which is great for when you need something other than your buster to fire at an enemy/boss. Speaking of bosses, most of them go down pretty easily with this weapon equipped. Because of the fact that you can you can upgrade the energy to infinite, you have more room for error when using this, which is nice for beginners as well.

In lieu of downsides, there really aren't many. You may have problems trying to catch the Glyde Drache's on Nino Island (something you may want the Buster Cannon for), and it also has a bit of recharge time on it, although with infinite energy you can simply use your buster while you wait. It is somewhat expensive, but MML2 has a couple of nice places for you to nicely build zenny.

The Homing Missile is a great weapon, with very few downsides. It's versatility makes it a great weapon to use for all parts of the game, and infinite energy just makes it even better! The Homing Missile gets a perfect 10 from me, because it's just all-around awesome.

Post your opinions/ratings/thoughts here!

P.S. If you want me to rate a specific weapon next, let me know!

Previous installments:

Splash Mine
Rush Power Adapter
Eagle Ride Armor
Vacuum Arm
Falcon Armor
Hyper Shell
Arrow Shot
Blade Arm
Shining Laser

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 04:00:46 AM
do the awesomeness that is the spread buster o:

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 04:06:02 AM
The Legends 1 version or the Legends 2 version?

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 04:10:51 AM
the first.

it rapes stuff so hard~<3