Rock Miyabi · 111389

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 04:55:38 AM
I entered thinking I'd have a chance at third for dat 3rd place prize and then a bunch of other people entered, so now it's not a guaranteed thing.

Hoping it's still good enough haha

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 05:28:06 AM
Just wanted to make a quick post to let people know the results have been tabulated and are currently sealed and held by our attorneys at Wright Anything Agency.  o~O

I really wanted to post it all tonight, but I'm still working out a few minor things that I don't think will be wrapped up before I go to bed. Digging out from 6 inches of snow today didn't help me free up time, either. I'm trying to get it set up so that I can pretty much just paste and post tomorrow night. I have a very long work day ahead of me though, so don't expect to see the post until after 10PM CST.

I HAVE NOT contacted the winners yet, so don't get all dejected if you haven't heard from me. Most likely the results will be posted first, before I contact everyone who has won something.

Apologies for the delay, but you will find out soon.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 07:26:13 AM
... Phoenix misplaced it again, didn't he.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 07:29:08 AM
Darn it, Phoenix! Can't you do anything Wright?

[spoiler]It was too good to pass up. 8D[/spoiler]

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #29 on: February 21, 2014, 07:23:56 AM
I blame Gumshoe. He probably was the one to knock out the forum, too, while I had to recover the results.

Apologies for not adding this here faster, but I think most involved have seen everything already. Winners have all been contacted, and some prizes have already been given out, most are already ordered. For those who haven't seen, though, here is the results post:

Due to being crammed for time, I am not going to have anything uploaded to my usual V-Day contest website for the time being, and it might not be as in depth with commentary as I usually am. Promise I will work on that this weekend, though.

I will start out with the news of the big prize, the Category 3 raffle for the X Sound Box. We had 4 entries, so everyone had a 25% chance of winning. Here are the pics that were entered:

Fenril-Huayra ->

Tacticalpigeon ->

Eriarbil ->

TJW ->

And the person randomly chosen was...

Fenril-Huayra!!

However, Fenril has chosen a cash prize option, and I'm willing to accommodate that. But I'm sure that would also depress people expecting me to give away an X Sound Box set. So, thanks to the wonders of tax rebatestm, I'll be extra generous and still give out the Sound Box to one other lucky entrant. And the real winner of the X Sound Box is...

Tacticalpigeon!!!

You may have thought you had "no hope" of winning with your drawing, but today is your lucky day.

Thank you to my other two entrants in this category, Eriarbil and TJW for submitting. I appreciate the time you put into your art, even if this category was all the luck of the draw. Sorry I can't give you all something for your effort. It was an experiment, and one I'm not sure I'll do the same way next time.

Moving on to the categories that were properly judged, I had help from the RPM judging crew as we graded and critiqued these pics. Putting together our overall results, here are the entries and the top placements:

<b>Category 1 ~ Rock, Draw Me Like One of Your Reploid Girls </b>

<b>(Warning: sex appeal hiding behind these thumbnails! And some possible strategically-covered nudity):</b>

1.) Okamikai ->

*Okamikai has chosen a cash prize of $75 to possibly go towards a D-Arts Ver. 2 Zero.

2.) Borockman ->

*Borockman has chosen a dA year-long sub, along with an added $20 cash prize.

3.) Kaitlin.EXE ->

*Kaitlin has chosen the OCR For Everlasting Peace Album.

Places 4-12 in no particular order:

HiyashiX2 -> 

Revolver-Wing Studios ->

Tabby ->

Rootay ->

Blackhook ->

General-RADIX ->

RedNeo117 ->

Tacticalpigeon -> 

Owl-Bound ->

<b>Category 2 ~ Never Gonna Give You Up:</b>

X.) Fenril-Huayra ->

*WARNING - Massive image. Please enlarge twice for full view. Direct linking this to full-size is not working properly on Photobucket.

Due to winning the Category 3 raffle, Fenril is eliminated from his placement in this category. Therefore, everyone else in this category gets bumped up a spot, and Mirby will now get a prize.

1.) Mudwire ->

*Mudwire has chosen the Freezeman.EXE Mattel Prototype figure

2.) Dark-Dullahan ->

*Dark-Dullahan will receive the Shademan.EXE Mattel Prototype figure

3.) Mirby ->

*Mirby's getting the OCR For Everlasting Peace album.

4-6 in no particular order:

EruPii ->

Revolver-Wing Studios ->

(Un)BalNz'D (aka SparkChaser92) ->

Thank you again to my judges, Protoman Blues, Dr. Wily II, Quickman, and Phi for helping out this year, and for getting me the results so  quickly. And most of all, thank you all for participating in the way you did. The results were phenomenal, and it was a really fun contest this year, with plenty of hard choices. You are all deserving, even if you didn't come away with something. You can all post your pics for comments anywhere you want to now.

Again, I will put together the judges commentary on a webpage later this weekend, and I'll likely note that in an edit to this post once I am done. Winners, you will hear from me tomorrow. Thanks all!!  owob

As an added bonus for RPM and a thanks to the judges, since I haven't seen these images float around yet, here are scans of the commemorative art done by Ariga and Iwamoto from the X Sound Box booklet. Unfortunately the only new pretty things to look at in it:

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: February 21, 2014, 07:28:36 AM
Congrats to everyone!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #31 on: February 21, 2014, 07:37:59 AM
Hoo boy... commentary...  I'll warn you that mine ranges from very simple to a bit blunt, as while I was judging, I was also critiquing.  My picks were a bit strange, as I wanted to be fair and I didn't want to look like I was playing favorites, and I also didn't want to base it entirely on skill, so I ended up going with whichever image tickled my fancy the most.  Sometimes, judging on that criteria produces more varied results.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: February 21, 2014, 09:46:23 AM
I like my commentary... On how it banters towards Aile. :P
But I kept a level head.

Congrats to all that participated, and may we see you again next year~
[spoiler]WITH MORE AILES :W[/spoiler]

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline EruPii

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • EruPii-RawLand
Reply #33 on: February 21, 2014, 01:48:33 PM
Well, at least I tried it, with my non-existent drawing skills... XD
Congrats to the winners!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: February 21, 2014, 02:00:38 PM
Congratulations to everyone who participated! To those who didn't win, there's always next time. So don't give up! 8)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #35 on: February 21, 2014, 04:49:11 PM
A winner is me!

Oh and for the record, those two entries that beat mine deserved to. Especially the first place one  >0<

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #36 on: March 08, 2014, 09:32:55 AM
Sorry this took me like 2 weeks to wrap up. Just didn't have a ton of time, due to work, to get all the html done in a timely manner. Not that I've been consistent or really kept up the website every year, but hey, I try. I do need to fix broken links from previous years, now that Imageshack officially is not free and kicked some of my old uploads out. So ignore anything before 2012, if you're looking to relive old entries. Hopefully not too many typos or errors on these, and the links/images should all be correct.

For full judge commentary and a look at who we each chose as our top 3 images, please head here: http://rockmiyabi.webs.com/VDay14.html

Remember, I did not require judges to comment on every pic, but I made sure at least to add something for everyone myself. Just wanted to make sure you got some sort of feedback or commentary on your submissions. I also decided not to list everyone by overall position this year, only the top 3. So for those who didn't win, if you're really interested in where you placed overall, feel free to ask.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #37 on: March 08, 2014, 12:31:18 PM
Yay!

You know that turned out pretty good for that being the first time I've really used Art Academy: Sketchpad on my Wii U :P