Ancient Theories/Fanon

The Great Gonzo · 90773

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: January 07, 2009, 12:06:15 AM
Is Wily still alive during the Z or ZX saga? Or even the Legends saga?

At the risk of Zan smiting me, I highly doubt it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #76 on: January 07, 2009, 12:11:08 AM
I can safely say Zan won't smite you for that one, barring coincidentally named world leaders and boat shop owners.  Both Light and Wily seemingly dropped off the map at some point prior to Command Mission, unless a future game changes that, anyway.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: January 07, 2009, 12:18:45 AM
You know the Legends question is kind of silly, why would Wily be alive when the last human died... >.>

Both Light and Wily seemingly dropped off the map at some point prior to Command Mission, unless a future game changes that, anyway.

You know, with Inafune's comments on how Wily is alive, the fact that he's not in ZERO and ZX is a hopeful note that the Wily storyline must be concluded within the X-series.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: January 07, 2009, 01:43:34 AM
You know, with Inafune's comments on how Wily is alive, the fact that he's not in ZERO and ZX is a hopeful note that the Wily storyline must be concluded within the X-series.

But technically, was one ever started?  I mean, besides just speculation.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: January 07, 2009, 01:48:31 AM
I bequeath a boot to the head.

*THWAKK!*

As if we haven't covered Serges and Isoc enough, but the exceptionally stubborn need only look to X5.  Sigma's partner, appears to be Zero's father, seen in Zero's dreams, builds an "ultimate Sigma body" that is a fairly obvious Gamma knockoff.  Not to mention that giant W in the background, and his name in the X5 intro sequence. 

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: January 07, 2009, 01:55:09 AM
I bequeath a boot to the head.

*THWAKK!*

As if we haven't covered Serges and Isoc enough, but the exceptionally stubborn need only look to X5.  Sigma's partner, appears to be Zero's father, seen in Zero's dreams, builds an "ultimate Sigma body" that is a fairly obvious Gamma knockoff.  Not to mention that giant W in the background, and his name in the X5 intro sequence. 

Again, I'm just asking questions.  As a writer, I'm curious about this kinda stuff.

However, just to throw this out there, you don't think that maybe, just maybe, this whole Wily thing is all the result of terrible game storytelling that the fans like us delve way deeper into than the actual people that wrote it up?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: January 07, 2009, 02:02:03 AM
There's ALWAYS that possibility. However, in the case of Wily, I actually think that he's still around. I've been thinking that since X5, and I'm not one that over analizes the plot, not to mention that this was when X5 first came out and I was around 10 years old.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: January 07, 2009, 02:22:34 AM
However, just to throw this out there, you don't think that maybe, just maybe, this whole Wily thing is all the result of terrible game storytelling that the fans like us delve way deeper into than the actual people that wrote it up?
Who but Wily does Zero see in his dreams?

Questioning Wily's involvement in the X-series is like questioning whether or not he built Zero.  Some fans like to throw that out there because of the perceived ambiguity, but in truth they're simply not paying attention; the imagery presented clearly reiterated it time and time again.  Nobody but Wily fits the X5 bill, and while you could possibly write him out of X2 and X6, you would have to twist the plot around pretty severely to do so.

And besides, to say Wily has no involvement in the X-series is to directly contradict Inafune's recent interview.  You know, the same one where he confirmed that Zero didn't kill the Classic-series cast.  When Zan said, "Word of God" in his earlier post, he meant that it came straight from Inafune's mouth.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: January 07, 2009, 02:40:20 AM
Seriously, though, the whole "because x boss is absent weakness to y boss's weapon was added" is exactly my point.
But you said the games weren't generally honoring the original weaknesses at all, which isn't true except for what you just described, and maybe the Air Shooter against WoodMan thing.  And forgive me for not being familiar with X 2 yet; I thought it would be nicer to play through the two Game Boy games before I started the main series, but that may have been a silly idea.

And besides, to say Wily has no involvement in the X-series is to directly contradict Inafune's recent interview.  You know, the same one where he confirmed that Zero didn't kill the Classic-series cast.  When Zan said, "Word of God" in his earlier post, he meant that it came straight from Inafune's mouth.
Well, maybe Inafune doesn't understand his own series.  Yeah.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: January 07, 2009, 02:48:14 AM
Who but Wily does Zero see in his dreams?

Questioning Wily's involvement in the X-series is like questioning whether or not he built Zero.  Some fans like to throw that out there because of the perceived ambiguity, but in truth they're simply not paying attention; the imagery presented clearly reiterated it time and time again.  Nobody but Wily fits the X5 bill, and while you could possibly write him out of X2 and X6, you would have to twist the plot around pretty severely to do so.

Yes, it's obvious from X4 that Wily built Zero.  Hell, it's obvious from X3 & possibly X2 that Wily built Zero.  I'm not saying he didn't build Zero.  My point is that we, as fans, most likely delve much much MUCH deeper into the plot of a game series than the people who write the stories themselves.  Right above, you pretty much just proved my point.  I don't believe the people who write this stuff care about their own stories as much as we do. 

As for Inafking, does he say how Wily is involved?  Actually, I'm curious as to his direct statement about Wily being in the X series.  I'd greatly appreciate a link and/or quote.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: January 07, 2009, 02:56:47 AM
Remember when he answered our 10 questions? I think it was that time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: January 07, 2009, 02:58:45 AM
Remember when he answered our 10 questions? I think it was that time.

LoL, I'd still like the direct quote/link.  I forgot what he said.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: January 07, 2009, 02:59:11 AM
6) What happened to Dr. Wily in Rockman X series? Are Dr. Wily and Dr. Weil the same person? Were they ever supposed to be?

KI: A large amount of time has passed between the classic series and Mega Man X. Dr. Wily had died in the interim but was brought back by the virus. Dr. Wily and Weil are not the same person. It is ironic though, because Dr. Wily created Zero, and Dr. Weil used Zero, but ultimately it was a copy of Zero's original body with a different mind that defeated him.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: January 07, 2009, 03:06:17 AM
So, if I'm to understand this correctly, Dr. Wily did indeed die, but somehow he was brought back to life by the Virus.  So does that mean that a part of Dr. Wily's personality resided within Zero and that the virus, which according to the MMZOCW says that Zero was the first to be affected by it, somehow awoke the dormant Wily personality within Zero and thus because Zero was infected, Dr. Wily was reborn?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #89 on: January 07, 2009, 03:07:56 AM
Then, there's DUO. He promised to return to the planet in Mega Man Arcade 2, I thought it was pre-MM8 when I saw it first before looking at Zan's, but did it happen thereafter when Wily attacked again? or was he JUST a bonus? I wonder, he had the right timing to jump into the X, ZERO, or ZX timeline, but I doubt he will appear again after.

Speaking, Duo's moves slightly resembled Duo's, which is the Meteor crashing and the pummling moves. It may be a coincidence before I get a boot to the head by Zan.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: January 07, 2009, 03:09:58 AM
...What does that have anything to do with what I'm talking about?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #91 on: January 07, 2009, 03:11:41 AM
...What does that have anything to do with what I'm talking about?

This topic IS about theories after all, on the part of you are talking about, I doubt Wily had the guts to re-appear after X6 or so, since the virus was cleansed.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: January 07, 2009, 03:27:59 AM
Maybe Dr. Wily is really Sauron, and the Virus is his One Ring.  Keep an eye out for any suspicious rings in the next Rock Man game--you know Sauron will!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: January 07, 2009, 03:30:26 AM
Maybe Dr. Wily is really Sauron, and the Virus is his One Ring.  Keep an eye out for any suspicious rings in the next Rock Man game--you know Sauron will!

One RingMan to rule them all? 

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: January 07, 2009, 03:34:16 AM
Yeah, I bet RingMan was hoarding all those rings that the One Ring ruled.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: January 07, 2009, 04:06:43 AM
This topic IS about theories after all,

...Old theories.

That didn't take long.

Offline Ryugaki

• Resistance Member
  • I Don't Get People... Never Have... Never Will...
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: January 07, 2009, 04:51:08 AM
somehow I just don't get it...

Wily is "Revived" with virus, does this mean Wily is not "Pure Human"?

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #97 on: January 07, 2009, 04:54:55 AM
Who even knows?  So much about Wily's involvement in the X series is teft unsaid.  Sure we know he is involved, but nobody can say how or why.  It's all mixed up in what can be assumed and what is actually said.  Half of what we think now is probably fanon.

Terribly written.  This is why I don't haunt the X series forums here so much.

Offline Ryugaki

• Resistance Member
  • I Don't Get People... Never Have... Never Will...
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: January 07, 2009, 04:57:25 AM

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: January 07, 2009, 05:02:39 AM
It's gotta mean "brought back Wily" in terms of data; there's no way Wily's still alive, in fact, it says he died.

I guess it's a similar fashion to Dr. Light.