So you'd like to have a random avatar like me, huh...

Shiki Tohno · 33314

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: December 25, 2008, 03:00:17 AM
Hmm... That's weird, that shouldn't be happening. I don't have much time right now, but tomorrow I'll go over your gallery and let you know what images should be resaved into smaller sizes, what images should be physically resized, and which can stay so you reduce your bandwidth consumption.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: December 25, 2008, 03:37:08 AM
I stopped using it on Gaia, and now it works again... huh...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: December 25, 2008, 05:10:39 AM
HOLY [tornado fang], you were using it on Gaia? No wonder your bandwidth limit got eaten, man. -_- You'd need a host for Gaia ALONE, with the amount of traffic that place has and the amount of bandwidth it consumes.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: December 26, 2008, 07:12:08 AM
Yeah. I realized that Gaia had the problem. when I stopped using it there, it went back to normal.  I don't use it there anymore. 8D

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: April 06, 2009, 10:18:00 PM
Major update!

Been working my ass off for you guys. 8D

After only displaying a very early development build to a close group of friends, I've decided to go out with the early alpha roll-out of the rechristened Image Randomizer Script so everyone can take a look at it and say what you like and don't like, what could be improved and what could be removed. Most of the heavy work has been done behind the curtains, so you wouldn't really notice; but the administration interface has taken a MAJOR overhaul to make it easier to manage everything. :)

Here are the links for your testing pleasure:
Random image link: http://www.nanatsuyoru.co.cc/avatars/v3.0/index.php/image.png
Random image counter link: http://www.nanatsuyoru.co.cc/avatars/v3.0/info/index.php/image.png
Gallery link: http://www.nanatsuyoru.co.cc/avatars/v3.0/gallery
And the new administration interface: http://www.nanatsuyoru.co.cc/avatars/v3.0/info/login.php

The login page for the new web admin interface is already filled with the default login data so you can go inside immediately and start fooling around. ;)

Lemme know what you guys think; I probably won't be releasing this version to the public until I have at least the configuration editor sorted out, but it's nice to have feedback about what feels right and what doesn't at this point in time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: November 09, 2009, 02:07:00 AM
Not to necro, but-

Is there any way to prevent stretching of the avatars on other forums? ive noticed that it tends to happen. for example, at X9.com, it stretches out images with a small width or length instead of resizing them to look the way they should, but in the new MMN forum, it outright takes them all and stretches them to the max avatar size of 200x200.