Jetfire · 30036

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: February 11, 2010, 06:27:45 AM
And why can't A be Axl..?
Also, im sure there WILL be an X9. Inafune I think said he would like to return to X some time, he's just "busy"

[spoiler]Because it's apparently Model ALBERT. Like I said, Axl got cameo'ed in a bull-[parasitic bomb] plot twist. [/spoiler]

I have a feeling that Inafune is trying to get the plot to end with Axl being ignored somehow and focus on the events leading up to the Elf Wars. I highly doubt he's going to want to bring Sigma back, especially if he wants the canon to make sense and not bull-[parasitic bomb] us on purpose.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: February 11, 2010, 06:37:45 AM
Model A[lbert] does not mean anything. yes, it is, but it requires a soul for the ROCK system. And Albert was pretty much alive. I mean come on, everything points to Axl. from personality to looks, to ability.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: February 11, 2010, 06:39:19 AM
I'm going with what the game said, and I never found anything related to Axl unless it didn't get translated into English and left behind in Japan.

Like I said, I call it a BS twist, since everything points to Axl, but the game doesn't say it and calls it something else.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: February 11, 2010, 08:30:25 AM
The X games also point to Wily being Serges and Isoc and calls them something else.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: February 11, 2010, 04:44:44 PM
Those hint at Wily being them, but never outright says it, ZX Advent flat-out states it.

"Though the design of the biometal is heavily based on Axl, a character from the Mega Man X series, the in-story explanation is that it is a backup system for Albert." --MMWikia. No hinting, no guessing, Albert just says that Model A is Model Albert and uses it as his data storage device. It looks a helluva lot like Axl, but it isn't.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: February 11, 2010, 06:19:01 PM
MMWikia.
I stopped reading when I saw this.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: February 11, 2010, 06:34:39 PM
I see no reason to think of Albert's backup system and Axl as mutually exclusive. No matter what soul is Model A, it will always be Albert's backup system due to the ciphers and the ability to do Trans On. Therefore, it can be any soul, and highly likely Axl's.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #82 on: February 11, 2010, 09:21:58 PM
Like we haven't had this discussion a million times...

One also needs to consider what Albert's plans for his backup were.  I'll point out that there is strong reason to believe that the failed mind control with Grey falls in line with what's going on with the Big Four's hosts (Grey had red eyes as the other four do, but they faded; there are four other capsules in his room as well).  If such is true then it renders the will of the Biometal irrelevant to Albert's plans, which would make a lot of sense, therefore the soul of a Biometal would be valued solely for its combat abilities.  Besides the obvious fact that Albert's soul is elsewhere, Albert has no known combat abilities without the use of Model W.

If you try to write it all off as one giant coincidence, then you need to ask why Albert's "copy", who bears no resemblance to his character, appearance, or abilities (save A-Trans) whatsoever, rebels against not only him but his entire philosophy.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: February 12, 2010, 02:26:39 AM
Besides the obvious fact that Albert's soul is elsewhere, Albert has no known combat abilities without the use of Model W.

Doesn't Albert have the ability to use A-Trans, the very reason why Model A is able to use it?

If you try to write it all off as one giant coincidence, then you need to ask why Albert's "copy", who bears no resemblance to his character, appearance, or abilities (save A-Trans) whatsoever, rebels against not only him but his entire philosophy.

Except, why would he use the soul of a Maverick hunter to power his back-up system? Did he not bother looking up his history? Was he planning the entire rebellion and called everything 'apart of his plan' in some Aizen-esque ass-pull and then expect to some how harvest the power? Then again, his entire plan has a [parasitic bomb]-ton of plot holes and stupid, so the real question is, who the [tornado fang] thought that making Model A be Model Albert period, or even having Albert create the thing, was a good idea?

Anyway, back on track, Sigma's a douche. seriously though, I'm getting a headache from the plot of ZX Advent.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: February 12, 2010, 02:37:31 AM
Except, why would he use the soul of a Maverick hunter to power his back-up system?

Because the R.O.C.K. system relies on the abilities of the soul inside of the LiveMetal. Model X gives X's powers, Model Z gives Zero's powers. Albert's power is Shin Trans On, an improved version of what was used centuries ago by the New Generation Repliroids and their prototype. Axl is the only known non-irregular user of the copy chip, has S-class Hunter skills on par with X and Zero and has the single most greatest renown. Albert was just going to overwrite the Livemetal's will anyway, leaving Grey with a very capable Livemetal that shares Albert's Trans On ability.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: February 12, 2010, 02:43:05 AM
has a [parasitic bomb]-ton of plot holes and stupid,
Do tell...

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: February 12, 2010, 03:36:00 AM
Because the R.O.C.K. system relies on the abilities of the soul inside of the LiveMetal. Model X gives X's powers, Model Z gives Zero's powers. Albert's power is Shin Trans On, an improved version of what was used centuries ago by the New Generation Repliroids and their prototype. Axl is the only known non-irregular user of the copy chip, has S-class Hunter skills on par with X and Zero and has the single most greatest renown. Albert was just going to overwrite the Livemetal's will anyway, leaving Grey with a very capable Livemetal that shares Albert's Trans On ability.

Ok, over-writing the will actually make sense, and doesn't seem stupid anymore.

Do tell...

The holes were about the whole use of Axl's soul in the biometal, but if Albert was just going to shove his will into a device to power it then erase whatever would make it unobedient, and use it as a backup drive, then there really aren't any holes. I had assumed that Albert was just a moron and didn't think his plans through.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: February 12, 2010, 03:59:39 AM
Albert- "Do you have any idea how much time I have invested in this plan?"

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #88 on: February 13, 2010, 01:01:38 AM
Doesn't Albert have the ability to use A-Trans, the very reason why Model A is able to use it?
ZX Advent actually doesn't elaborate on that, despite Albert's promise to do so.  As Zan mentioned, Japan differentiates between the two A-Transes ("Trans On" and "Shin Trans On").

It was never actually stated which A-Trans is the original, although the nature of Biometal (as Zan described above) leans in Model A's favor.  Consider also, that A-Trans is useless without the ability to obtain data.  Model A can do so on its own, while Albert, lacking any combat abilities, relies on data fed to him through Model W.  Albert is, furthermore, no stranger to copying Biometal abilities, as his final form utilizes attacks from all 6 of Ciel's Biometals, in addition to Model A's Homing Shot and Chronoforce's Time Bomb.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #89 on: February 13, 2010, 03:22:33 AM
Albert is, furthermore, no stranger to copying Biometal abilities, as his final form utilizes attacks from all 6 of Ciel's Biometals, in addition to Model A's Homing Shot and Chronoforce's Time Bomb.
Hmm, I never noticed that.  Exactly what attacks are these; aside from the ones you mentioned, the only one that comes to mind is the wind attack.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: February 13, 2010, 04:16:10 AM
Tornado Attack = Model H
Ice Attack = Model L
Homing = Model A
I believe the twin lasers are Model X,
the tail scrape may be Model Z...
Hmmm... I cant place the one where two bits traverse the screen...

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: February 13, 2010, 12:54:25 PM
Argh, I delete that list I made, and the thread got wiped from the previous reset...

Model X = Twin Lasers
Model Z = Bits form a huge sword, and slashes at the ground
Model H = Tornado bits
Model F = Bits form a fist that impacts the ground, and flame pillars shoot out
Model L = Ice dragon bits
Model P = The spinning blade bits
Model A = Homing laser
Model W (PnP) = Teleportation, and tail scrape.
Special = Chronoforce's Time Bomb. Activated ONLY when Albert loses his bits and is under the effect of your Time Bomb.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: February 13, 2010, 07:23:13 PM
Ah. I was thinking it may be PnP. But I wasnt sure.
Been a while since I fought Albert.

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: February 14, 2010, 01:27:44 AM
BACK ON TOPIC

Sigma has always been arrogant, but not stupid so why would he initiate the takeover of the jakob project before his body was complete?

It had to cross Sigma's memory that the last time he went all out (X5), the hunters arrived much earlier than he expected and attacked him before it was complete. So why not wait for his body to undergo maintaince before launching his final rebellion this time around?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: February 14, 2010, 01:39:04 AM
Being scheduled to undergo maintenance doesn't mean the body wasn't complete, it means the opposite.

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: February 14, 2010, 02:09:11 AM
Being scheduled to undergo maintenance doesn't mean the body wasn't complete, it means the opposite.

How so?

According to dictionary.com

Maintenance is defined as "care or upkeep, as of machinery or property" "means of upkeep, support, or subsistence; livelihood"

It still needed support . Bottom line his body was not ready. Why fight?

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: February 14, 2010, 02:33:30 AM
^You can't maintain something that isn't completed, nor can you build something that's finished already. Not only that, but if Sigma's Belial form was his strongest yet, then how could it NOT be completed?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: February 14, 2010, 02:45:23 AM
Bottom line his body was not ready.

Sigma's scheduled maintenance was probably just a precaution. But even Sigma does not determine when people will barge into his room looking for battle. What was he to do, retreat?

Besides, this "scheduled for maintenance" thing is just to a means for Capcom to excuse his defeat.

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: February 14, 2010, 07:51:25 PM
Sigma's scheduled maintenance was probably just a precaution. But even Sigma does not determine when people will barge into his room looking for battle. What was he to do, retreat?

Or he could wait for his body to get said maintenance BEFORE launching the the Jakob offensive. That way it doesn't matter when they arrive.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: February 14, 2010, 08:30:52 PM
Or you know, the frequency with which said maintenance has to occur, is more often than the timespan of the offensive.

Not to mention, even when something is scheduled for maintenance, it could operate perfectly at the time of scheduling. Maintenance like that exists to avoid future issues, not immediate ones. Or do you think that an airplane scheduled for maintenance after its next flight is not wholly capable of making that next flight?