R.I.P Patrick Swayze

Ciel · 2580

Offline Ciel

• THE Dr Ciel~
  • Robot Master
  • Zero is the coolest reploid ever <3
    • View Profile
on: September 15, 2009, 04:56:25 AM
"Actor Patrick Swayze, best known for his roles in the films Dirty Dancing and Ghost, has died after battling pancreatic cancer.

The Houston-born performer, who studied dance before tackling a career on stage and screen, was 57 years old.

"Patrick Swayze passed away peacefully today with family at his side after facing the challenges of his illness for the last 20 months," said a statement released Monday evening in Los Angeles by his publicist, Annett Wolf. No other details were given.

A three-time Golden Globe nominee, Swayze confirmed in March 2008 that he was being treated for pancreatic cancer, after rumours arose that he was seriously ill and had just several weeks to live.

The son of a ballet choreographer and a champion Texas cowboy, Swayze began formal dance training young, later pursuing studies at New York's Harkness school and the Joffrey Ballet School.

Starting out, Swayze moved between television, film and the occasional stage role. Early parts in films like The Outsiders, Red Dawn and Youngblood helped make him a regular face in Hollywood.

R.I.P to yet another great celebrity.. you will be missed.  :'(

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 05:15:40 AM
Oh R.I.P. indeed...excuse me, I need to watch Point Break in his memory.  ;O;

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 05:21:29 AM
No way... I remember him from Ghost. such a great actor he was. *sigh* there goes another great American actor.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:25:47 AM