Ultra Turbo Super Extreme "What are you thinking?" Electric Boogaloo Alpha EX ed

Dr. Wily II · 479809

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
I'd post pics but I forgot to take any myself, pretty sure they're floating around online (Already found one of me as Viv, couldn't have been anybody else cuz I was the only Viv.)

post it i demand it

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
http://crufl.tumblr.com/post/142017687543/rubykgrant-loopy777-futureevilscientist

Also known as: How to [tornado fang]ing write Batman CORRECTLY, so he doesn't end up a mindless homicidal vigilante like in Batman v Superman.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Or at least not worse than the Tim Burton Batman.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
http://crufl.tumblr.com/post/142017687543/rubykgrant-loopy777-futureevilscientist

Also known as: How to [tornado fang]ing write Batman CORRECTLY, so he doesn't end up a mindless homicidal vigilante like in Batman v Superman.

But Phi thats not "edgy" enough-audiences need their grim dark dammit!  8D

I don't know I kinda like Tim Burton batman, he made me laugh.  XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Oh I love Tim Burton Batman, I'm just pointing out he did murder goons left and right in the second movie too.  But seriously Tim Burton Batman is awesome.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Yeah, that was just ridiculous.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Oh I love Tim Burton Batman, I'm just pointing out he did murder goons left and right in the second movie too.  But seriously Tim Burton Batman is awesome.

Also pretty sure Dark Knight Returns batman killed some teenagers when he unleashed the bat tank against the mutants.  XD

Rubber Bullets pffft.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yeah I think Rubber Bullets with enough velocity can stil cause some serious damage.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Oh the Bat tank had that cannon that basically sent everyone flying too-he also didn't seem that bothered by the Mutants accidentally blowing themselves up with grenades.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Didn't Batman kill some villains in his earlier appearances?  -_-

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
He also used a Gun in his earlier appearances.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Yeah those were the original comics I believe?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Wasn't he more detective than vigilante back then? 

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
He also used a Gun in his earlier appearances.
Yeah those were the original comics I believe?

Yes to all of these.

How he is written now makes a lot more sense, however.

Yeah I think Rubber Bullets with enough velocity can stil cause some serious damage.

The thing about Batman is, if you're a truly detestable villain (The Joker, Zsasz, etc.), he will beat you to a bloody pulp.

But he won't kill you. He will never kill anyone.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Unless you're [chameleon sting]ing Darkseid from what I'm reading from TV Tropes, which makes sense since it's Darkseid.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
The entire thing about the DC cinematic universe is that it has to be dark and mature. There's no humor, no lighthearted moments, no banter. It's all so... Grim. That's why the MCU performs so much better. It's not so depressing all the time.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Yes to all of these.

How he is written now makes a lot more sense, however.

The thing about Batman is, if you're a truly detestable villain (The Joker, Zsasz, etc.), he will beat you to a bloody pulp.

But he won't kill you. He will never kill anyone.

True-minus some bad writers. Hell in dark knight returns joking aside he still tried to avoid killing anyone-in the animated version just picking up the new commissioner's gun after his final encounter with the joker was really hard for him-like his finger locks up for a second.

So even Frank Miller pre-insanity understood that, but like Phi said he's willing to beat shitty people to an inch of their life. The Mutant Leader found that out the hard way.

The entire thing about the DC cinematic universe is that it has to be dark and mature. There's no humor, no lighthearted moments, no banter. It's all so... Grim. That's why the MCU performs so much better. It's not so depressing all the time.

I would kill for a Blue Beetle (one with the organic suit) or Booster Gold movie-with proper tone.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
The transfer of my 3DS data to a new 16 GB micro SD card was a success, I'm glad this stuff isn't needlessly complicated.  That being said I should get a replacement tiny screw driver sometime.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
On-screen movie Batman has pretty much killed in every incarnation. Burton Batman literally smiled as he strapped a bomb to a strong man's chest and tossed him underground to die. Nolan Batman kills Talia and also lets Ra's Al Ghul die when he could have saved him, which is the same as killing him. Hell, the most honorable Batman in the live action movies is Adam West! XD

This is why animated Batman will always be the best Batman.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I would kill for a Blue Beetle (one with the organic suit) or Booster Gold movie-with proper tone.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Zahj8bC3I[/yt]

One of the best episodes. 8D

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
On-screen movie Batman has pretty much killed in every incarnation. Burton Batman literally smiled as he strapped a bomb to a strong man's chest and tossed him underground to die. Nolan Batman kills Talia and also lets Ra's Al Ghul die when he could have saved him, which is the same as killing him. Hell, the most honorable Batman in the live action movies is Adam West! XD

This is why animated Batman will always be the best Batman.

B-but Adam West batman absolutely kills on the dance floor.  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I think the crappy mask just makes that better. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
What I truly love about the Adam West Batman is that it was a perfect representation of what the Batman comic was like at the time. It's glorious.

The problem with DC trying to make movies is essentially the fundamental difference between DC heroes and Marvel heroes. The primary DC heroes (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman) are iconic, flawless gods. Superman are Wonder Woman are literal gods. Batman is the world's perfect man. Super smart, knows just about every martial art, detective, ninja-samurai, scientist, inventor, peak of physical conditioning, marksman, etc. Because of that, they keep trying to work around that because, as a movie, most people would be bored by this. The Nolan movies just focus on Batman's martial art skills and ninja stuff and completely ignore the vast majority of his brain & detective skills and make Lucius Fox the inventor of his stuff.

This is why DC heroes work sooooooo much better as TV shows or Animated. With a show, you have the ability to draw out the character a bit more through various episodes and circumstance. Batman: The Animated Series is without a doubt the greatest example of that. Superman: The Animated Series was as well because it gave us a confident, non-bumbling Clark Kent who actually WAS Clark Kent and not just Superman. These shows can do things that movies simply cannot because they don't have the time. It's easier with Marvel heroes because they're meant to be flawed. Well, except for Captain America!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
What I truly love about the Adam West Batman is that it was a perfect representation of what the Batman comic was like at the time. It's glorious.

The problem with DC trying to make movies is essentially the fundamental difference between DC heroes and Marvel heroes. The primary DC heroes (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman) are iconic, flawless gods. Superman are Wonder Woman are literal gods. Batman is the world's perfect man. Super smart, knows just about every martial art, detective, ninja-samurai, scientist, inventor, peak of physical conditioning, marksman, etc. Because of that, they keep trying to work around that because, as a movie, most people would be bored by this. The Nolan movies just focus on Batman's martial art skills and ninja stuff and completely ignore the vast majority of his brain & detective skills and make Lucius Fox the inventor of his stuff.

This is why DC heroes work sooooooo much better as TV shows or Animated. With a show, you have the ability to draw out the character a bit more through various episodes and circumstance. Batman: The Animated Series is without a doubt the greatest example of that. Superman: The Animated Series was as well because it gave us a confident, non-bumbling Clark Kent who actually WAS Clark Kent and not just Superman. These shows can do things that movies simply cannot because they don't have the time. It's easier with Marvel heroes because they're meant to be flawed. Well, except for Captain America!

So much this! ^

Also real batmenz use pencils on their masks sakura!  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
It's not the pencil eyebrows, it's the fact that the eyeholes are so badly placed that you can't even see his eyes in that shot! XD