Discuss your favorite fashion styles

Protoman Blues · 11077

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
on: October 19, 2015, 07:13:16 AM
You know, we haven't had a new topic in here for a while and since it was brought up in the Reposted Pic Thread, I've decided to bring this up here. Because why not?  8D

So yeah, this topic is basically to discuss not only how you like to dress on an everyday basis, but what kind of fashion styles you like on other people that you may or may not think works on you.

For your humble Protoman Blues, I like a very simple style for myself. I am your basic jeans kinda guy. I also like my nerd t-shirts. You know, the t-shirts you see on $10-$12 t-shirt sites all the time. Along with that, I usually wear a short sleeve, collared, button down shirt of the plain, dark variety. No patterns, no plaid, etc. Just pretty basic and straightforward. Sneakers or boots are my shoes of choice. That is just "everyday PB" for the most part.

If I'm getting all dolled up and fancy, I like a good plain button down collared shirt and a nice blazer. There's nothing wrong with a good suit as well, although if I had to wear one everyday for work, I'd probably hate it. In order to keep my nerd cred going, I have some nice pins for my blazer/suit. A Triforce, the Mario Mushrooms, etc.

Well that's me, for the most part. Feel free to join in and share your style.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 07:35:43 AM
I'll dicuss what I like to dress in some time later.  However I will post some cocktail dresses since I love them so much.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Heck yeah cocktail dresses. 8)

I'm also very curious about Men's fashions since my brother and many other guys I know usually just wear jeans and a t-shirt like PB does.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 07:45:24 AM
It depends. I know people/guys who don't like jeans are prefer like khakis or something of that nature.

Then you've got your guys that like the straight up blazer/collared shirt combo.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 07:47:08 AM
The one on the right just looks weird to me.  The way the layers are assembled look weird to me.  Or maybe it's the pattern of the white shirt that looks weird to me, yeah I think that's what's got me weirded out.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 08:06:47 AM
I'm not a particular fan of that style either, mainly because I don't like pullover sweaters over a collared shirt. XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 08:08:55 AM
Yeah it just looks weird, unless it's a dark sweater in one color and a collared shirt in the same but lighter color.  Even then it looks hard to pull off.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 08:33:43 AM
Haha, I also don't particularly like those blazers either. I'm not fond of the different colors on them.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 08:37:15 AM
For the pockets I'm okay with them, but the collars just look strange and make no sense.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 08:43:26 AM
Could also be that the sleeves look too short.

Also I forgot to say, heck yeah cocktail dresses!  8)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 08:48:03 AM
Yeah they're kind of rolled up so it looks a bit sloppy.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 12:14:01 AM by Sakura Crockett »

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 08:54:32 AM

This is more similar with my preferred style.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 08:59:33 AM
I'm really friggin' basic.  Nerd t-shirt and pants.  The pants are usually jeans, but can sometimes be cargo pants.  Mostly jeans.  Oh, I'll mix it up with a hoodie.  A Hypno hoodie.  Also, a kilt.

I should get leggings for my kilt.

But yeah, I'm pretty bland until Winter when I pull out all my goth pants.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 12:20:07 AM
I typically wear a t-shirt with no patterns for the most part and shorts/cotton pants depending on the weather with the occasional khakis.  I also usually have a hoodie wrapped around my waist if I'm not wearing it due to the fact that I'm sensitive to the temperature changes of air conditioning so I get cold easily when it's on.  I also own some skirts that I rarely wear due to not really having proper shoes for them.

I usually wear tennis shoes in places I have to walk a lot like school or sandals on the weekend.  I recently got some boots that I hope will be comfortable once I get the proper socks for them since boots usually aren't comfortable to me for one reason or another, I'm hoping this one will be the right pair I need.

Also I hate jeans since I rarely find a pair that fits me right.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 12:52:22 AM
Shoes for me are just sneakers or tennis shoes.  I gravitate toward Converse and Adidas, as they're comfortable and Converse lasts me a while.  One pair I have is at least five years old and still hold together.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 12:55:50 AM
The sneakers I have are cruddy ones I have to replace like every 4-6 months.  I need to look into some converse or something, particularly ones that keep water out.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 12:56:36 AM
Jeans and t-shirt because I'm boring.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 01:07:51 AM
The sneakers I have are cruddy ones I have to replace like every 4-6 months.  I need to look into some converse or something, particularly ones that keep water out.

Mine are just canvas sneakers, so they won't keep the water out very well.  For that, I'd suggest looking into non-slip work shoes.

But, if you're looking for basic canvas sneakers, Converse is the way to go.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 02:11:32 AM
Yeah because at school I walk through wet grass since it's faster to get to my destination that way.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 02:28:44 AM
I'm obviously obliged to wear very modest clothing normally like at work (Jeans, plain shirts with a jacket that's wearing out in all monochrome Grey/Blacks) but honestly I prefer cute clothes like skirts, tights, boots, leggings, stockings, fingerless gloves, etc.

Basically a huge divorce between what I'm expected to wear because of my biological gender (work clothes basically) and what I want to wear because it fits my psychological gender. :P

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 11:04:39 PM
I never had any of my old stuff from home shipped (family still having financial trouble ;O; ) so my "wardrobe" is awfully limited at the moment, especially because in tech school, locker inspections are a rare but possible thing. I've been working as much juju as I can to make the weird stuff in my locker stand out less.

Obviously being military my day clothes are typically either uniform or boring custom printed tee with obscure Internet jokes and Counter-Strike mottos on them, and jeans. I still wear my BMT running shoes casually (why would I spend money on super fancy shoes when I can just be lazy because I'm a nerd boy? Dem nerd boy privileges, mang.), however on occasion I wear some rather baggy pants over my cute heeled boots in an attempt to make breaking into them a bit more possible without alerting anybody to the fact I'm wearing girls' shoes.

Of course, with actual feminine fashion, I'm skill kind of finding my style sort of? I have a good idea of where it's going, but yeah... When I'm way too nervous to hang around the women's section for too long without having a female wingman to pretend to be getting dragged around with, it's kinda hard to actually build a wardrobe, so it's extremely limited, especially with the fact that I'm trying to confine it to one single drawer, and failing that already (dangit shoes). My style seems to be leaning quite towards mild gothic with lots of QT animu influences, as apparently when I do get real into what I'm doing, my facial expressions allow me to pull off QT grill rather well, I'm told. It's a lot of black and purple at the moment, unless I dare venture into my little pink skirt eeeek it's so cute but I don't have anything that goes with it. I'd also like to have an outfit that's casual, a slightly more dressy outfit, and then all of the outstanding stuff later.

And I need a wig because hair regs are a [sonic slicer]. My first wig is wine red. It's cute and casual, but it's somewhat short, which means while wearing it, boatnecks kill me because dem Air Force shoulders. I just ordered and received a long purple one, though. Can't wait to put it on.

And, the return of cat ears. Because they're cute, screw you. >w<

More later because I am doing too much typing and roommate just left to work out and I have packages demanding to be worn. 8D

what

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #20 on: November 01, 2015, 07:32:35 PM
In terms of hair, I keep mine buzzed close.  Been buzzing it shorter and shorter, lately because I prefer it that way.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 01, 2015, 10:38:13 PM
I don't think I ever saw you with long-ish hair.

I think you would look cute with some kind of pixie cut or something.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 01, 2015, 11:13:36 PM
I don't think I ever saw you with long-ish hair.

I think you would look cute with some kind of pixie cut or something.

I now wish to see hot pixie cut Quickie.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23 on: November 02, 2015, 02:04:18 AM
You've seen my hair in a pixie cut.  When my buzz cut grows out, it becomes a pixie cut.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 02, 2015, 02:16:36 AM
I'm actually trying to grow my hair out a bit though I'm due for a bit of a trim soon to improve the shape of it.  I kind of would like to be able to make a short ponytail.

But I'll never grow it as long as I did in High School even again.