Mirby · 4254

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
on: November 10, 2009, 10:58:36 PM
Basically, I've been thinking about character associations in the games and the relation to star/constellation location and myths. Here is what I've found.

Star Force 1
In the game, Cepheus, King of Planet FM, uses the weapon Andromeda. In mythology, Cepheus, King of Aethiopia, was the father of Andromeda.

In game, the three satellite admins are Dragon Sky (Draco), Pegasus Magic (Pegasus), and Leo Kingdom (Leo). If you look at a star chart, Pegasus is directly opposite Leo, and Draco is in between the two.

In mythology, Pegasus was ridden by Perseus to save Andromeda. The constellation Perseus, coincidentally, is directly opposite Draco in the night sky.

Star Force 2
In the game, Altair and Vega were lovers. Altair dies in a war, fueling Vega's rage. In the sky, Altair and Vega are two points of the Summer Triangle, the third being Deneb.

Vega wants to become a god in the game. The star Vega is the fifth brightest in the night sky. In 12,000-14,000 years, it will also become the new North Star.

Star Force 3
In game, Virgo and Corvus are two criminals from Planet FM. In the sky, the constellations Virgo and Corvus are celestial neighbors.

Spica is the brightest star in the constellation Virgo, and is also the name of the mall in game.

In game, Sirius tries to devour Planet FM with his black hole. The star Sirius is the brightest star in the night sky, and might end up as a black hole after it dies.

Feel free to correct me on game info, if I was wrong. I brought this up because it's cool to see that Capcom did their homework, and star/constellation relationships are matched in-game. Thoughts?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 08:37:28 AM
Interesting work, but none of it is surprising. That sort of thing has always been a shtick for Capcom and Mega Man. Various mythological creatures seem to end up paralleling their MM counterparts among other things (like Rock and Roll being a genre of music but the characters are brother and sister and Bass/Treble are two different types of volumes in harmonics, low and high respectively, and that's just the musical side concerning the Original series). I do commend the effort and research you did though, that was an interesting read owob

Offline Fragman

• Made of Metal
  • Robot Master
  • My heart is made of metal
    • View Profile
    • AntiBunny
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 08:44:23 AM
Sirius is also now the dominant satellite radio provider.  Planet FM attacked Planet AM.  FM radio has mostly replaced AM Radio.  Satellite radio is a would be usurper to FM as the dominant radio standard.

AntiBunny

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 08:55:26 AM
Sirius is also now the dominant satellite radio provider.  Planet FM attacked Planet AM.  FM radio has mostly replaced AM Radio.  Satellite radio is a would be usurper to FM as the dominant radio standard.
wow, never thought of that..

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 06:35:22 PM
They're both just named after the star.