What if, Gate was in the ZX Series?

Thanatos-Zero · 8037

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
on: September 14, 2009, 12:27:37 AM
Just another crazy and useless topic you may ask? I believe Gate would so much rock, that he himself would even break the game balance by accident.
What have you in mind for Gate when he got his comeback in ZX?

Just analyse all DNA you can gain, empower and mix them, than inject everything in the chosen one you wish.
Just imagine a smirking Gate with a gigantic jab, which hunts Aile, Ashe, Grey and Vent.  :V

>Wii

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 12:36:09 AM
better question, why haven't you been permanently banned?

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 12:39:10 AM
wat

X and Zero slaughtered anyone and everyone that was in X6, save for Sigma. Gate may have been a pretty decent scientist, but really only became powerful because of his utilization of Zero's DNA, and probably the virus.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 12:59:55 AM
wat

X and Zero slaughtered anyone and everyone that was in X6, save for Sigma. Gate may have been a pretty decent scientist, but really only became powerful because of his utilization of Zero's DNA, and probably the virus.

He may have been slaughtered, but Gate is as we know still in limbo, since he isn't death. He is in a kind of koma, hence of the damage he took.
I would so much love to see Gate back someday. He is a genius afterall.

>Wii

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 01:15:35 AM
I'm not sure if there's such a thing as a "coma" for a robot.  It's either functional or it's not.  The talk of maybe-but-doubtful recovery doesn't really invalidate the subject being dead, either, since we know many robots who recover from death (X, Zero, Sigma, and quite a few animaloids).  I like Gate and all, but I'm confident that he's toast.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 01:37:49 AM
I'm not sure if there's such a thing as a "coma" for a robot.  It's either functional or it's not.  The talk of maybe-but-doubtful recovery doesn't really invalidate the subject being dead, either, since we know many robots who recover from death (X, Zero, Sigma, and quite a few animaloids).  I like Gate and all, but I'm confident that he's toast.

But he has still his arms and legs. X and Zero got it even more worse, with a hole in the chest and the lack of the lower abdomen. Okay, they got repaired by their respective creators, but Gate atleast has Douglas.

>Wii

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 01:48:43 AM
X and Zero also had their mysterious ghostly creators step in regardless of previous restrictions, and somehow repair them in full.

Gate had his CPU/Control chip damaged, most likely, otherwise no matter how much damage he took, he could possibly be repaired or rebuilt. Remember, in X1, Zero lost his physical body, but it was still possible to bring him back because his control chip miraculously survived destruction. In fact, the only reason they didnt, was because no matter how hard he tried, Cain could not rebuild Zero.

The same reason iris died. Her chip was damaged by her becoming the ultimate soldier. When Sigma shot his energy beam at Gate, he basically fried his systems. Plug your alarm clock into the wrong adapter and see what happens.

Gate was fried pretty bad. Therefore while it may not be impossible altogether, He was pretty much beyond repair. And if they did, he might not be the same Gate as he was before.

And Douglas does not repair Reploids. (that we know of) He repaires the Machinery they use. things like Land chasers, Ride armors, Weapons, etc. Not them themselves.

and I dont think he will appear in ZX. I dont thik he would really have any place there either. Any ties he had storywise that  could warrant a return for him, died with Sigma and Mother elfs creation. He really has no purpose after that.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rock Bomb

• Worst Example of a
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 02:03:57 AM
I wouldn't be surprised. ZX is full of throw-away villains.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 02:17:37 AM
His name would be Porte

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 03:17:20 AM
X and Zero also had their mysterious ghostly creators step in regardless of previous restrictions, and somehow repair them in full.
Zero Space allowed that in Light's case.  Although why Light bothers with a Capsule within it earlier (Ultimate Armor/Black Zero) is another question entirely.  I guess it's just the whole shpiel about gameplay and saving the big "reveal" for the end.

For Wily, it's irrelevant.  He has Isoc.  And although nothing was concretely stated as to who repaired Zero, Isoc is the only character who claimed to have seen him prior to Nightmare Zero's defeat, and he's also the only viable character present through process of elimination, since we know for a fact that Gate and Light didn't make the repairs on Zero.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 03:47:56 AM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 03:56:23 AM
Quote from: the great Obi-Wan Kenobi
Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them.

By what logic do we assume that no effects can linger, even if briefly, after the scenery has reverted back?  There is no other instance of the phenomenon to base such conclusions on.  Besides, how ELSE do you explain a hologram appearing in the middle of the desert?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 07:08:33 AM
thats just it. if the fusion of it is gone so that its just ruins again, then that should mean that the effect no longer, or barely applies anymore. with such a weakl effect, Light would barely be able to repair X while trying to maintain himself present without the capsule. plus, it just gives more evidence towrds it being more than just a hologram, and more Lights very soul, much like Wily came back.

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 07:40:20 AM
Why would we need to shove another scientist when we still need to know what happen to Ciel?
Whether she reappears with her 50% human flesh 50% machine body or in a Cyber Elf form.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 12:39:13 AM
thats just it. if the fusion of it is gone so that its just ruins again, then that should mean that the effect no longer, or barely applies anymore. with such a weakl effect, Light would barely be able to repair X while trying to maintain himself present without the capsule.
You're guessing.  When discussing the fabric of reality itself in a completely undocumented situation, it is exceedingly naive to assume that unusual effects can only occur during visible changes to the landscape.  So the rock is back to normal, what about the atmosphere?  What level of a merger with data is required to alter the landscape, and how does this level compare to what is necessary for a program to float around? 

For that matter why does Zero Space even need to continue to be active for as long as the hologram is?  It allowed for substance entities to enter "data-fied" space and interact with computer programs, who is to say it cannot work the other way around?

I suppose, in all fairness, there is the off-chance that Light has a method of his own to recover X (hey, he has to move those capsules SOMEHOW...).  It'd be a pretty bizarre coincidence to see that only in the aftermath of a conflict involving the merger of data and substance, though.

plus, it just gives more evidence towrds it being more than just a hologram, and more Lights very soul, much like Wily came back.
As the hologram was already been seen to converse and demonstrate awareness of current events, I feel that line is worthless nitpicking.  The whole "programmed AI versus actual soul" debate is just splitting hairs, ignoring the fact that regardless of literal identity it is clearly meant to represent the character for the purpose of the story.

This is, of course, assuming we are dealing with an intelligent hologram.  Not all of them are, as certain games are clearly using recordings.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 01:29:20 PM