The Kingdom Hearts Thread

VixyNyan · 391232

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1450 on: August 20, 2015, 12:47:12 AM
But that's a hand, and it's also where the rocket hand was propelled away from at the end of the movie. There are two quite normal and equally sized wings on the back.

He already has a normal sized right hand, which is why I assumed that had to be a wing. Barely noticed the normal wing.

And the shape, size and color certainly looks close enough to Sephiroth's wing to make that assumption. It oddly doesn't look much like a hand, like it did in the movie.

I'm willing to bet Nomura did that on purpose.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1451 on: August 20, 2015, 05:52:23 AM
The rocket first that took Hiro back through the portal has  been replaced by a nanobot structure if you look carefully enough, I thought there was a regular hand there beside the giant claw but it's the formation of the nanobots at the elbow.

Besides, the only parallel I can pull is that Xehanort is playing a Kabuki Mask role with the nanobots

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1452 on: August 20, 2015, 10:29:04 PM
It's so SquareEnix that his normal wings has it's own extra wing.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1453 on: September 09, 2015, 01:16:53 AM
@Phi
The artwork looks fine, I just hope the game looks more cartoony to fit the style. Sheesh.

Anyway nice to see more info on KH3... I wonder what the next world will be announced for KH3? I'm still praying for some oldies like Black Cauldron and Treasure Planet!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1454 on: September 09, 2015, 01:30:51 AM
Feel free to continue having bad taste.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1455 on: September 09, 2015, 01:35:27 AM
@Phi
The artwork looks fine, I just hope the game looks more cartoony to fit the style. Sheesh.

Anyway nice to see more info on KH3... I wonder what the next world will be announced for KH3? I'm still praying for some oldies like Black Cauldron and Treasure Planet!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! *deep breath* HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I'm sorry, I am so sorry but that just killed me right there man.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1456 on: September 10, 2015, 08:19:58 PM
There is a possibility of a Kingdom Hearts 2.9

I can only infer that, if this is true, it will be an HD collection containing Kingdom Hearts 3D, since that basically is KH2.9 anyway. This would be perfect for catching up on the last piece of story before KH3.

That, or it could simply be Kingdom Hearts 3D with nothing much else.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1457 on: September 10, 2015, 11:08:04 PM
Jesus Christ, just finish the thing already. Don't pull a MGSV.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1458 on: September 10, 2015, 11:13:26 PM
2.9---really? Thats the best name they could come up with?  8D

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1459 on: September 10, 2015, 11:28:52 PM
2.9---really? Thats the best name they could come up with?  8D

Hey, this is the same company who created Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, after all. 8D

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1460 on: September 11, 2015, 05:29:50 AM
I don't know-as silly as it was at least it was creative.  8D

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1461 on: September 12, 2015, 12:44:41 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! *deep breath* HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I'm sorry, I am so sorry but that just killed me right there man.

What? I loved the movie... and I like to see other oldies like Robin Hood, Oliver and Company (maybe cameo pictures like the Dalmatians a bit), Atlantis: The Lost Empire (though how would that work with The Little Mermaid one?), and a few others.

Feel free to continue having bad taste.

It's called opinions, bro. I'll respect yours, if you respect mine.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 04:06:13 AM by Phi »

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1462 on: September 12, 2015, 12:49:54 AM
No I have nothing against you for liking the Black Cauldron, the movie has its fans despite the many flaws it has. 

It's the fact that that film nearly destroyed Disney when it flopped and lost them so much money due to that flop.  Something that Disney tries so hard to forget it ever happened for the most part and you think it has a chance in being in Kingdom Hearts is what makes me laugh so hard.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1463 on: September 12, 2015, 05:47:51 AM
No I have nothing against you for liking the Black Cauldron, the movie has its fans despite the many flaws it has. 

It's the fact that that film nearly destroyed Disney when it flopped and lost them so much money due to that flop.  Something that Disney tries so hard to forget it ever happened for the most part and you think it has a chance in being in Kingdom Hearts is what makes me laugh so hard.

Oh I see. I read it didn't do too good for Disney, but I didn't think it would be THAT bad for them at the time. Though I'm still glad that made it regardless.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1464 on: September 12, 2015, 06:07:27 AM
It also lost against the Care Bears Movie. Let me repeat Care Bears beat Disney!  The movie had a 44 Million dollar budget and they were only able to get 25 mil from the box office.  So yeah it was a huge blow caused a huge change in Disney in terms of how they made movies.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1465 on: September 12, 2015, 06:34:41 AM
Well in a way something good came out of it as Disney need to re-think how to make their movies from that point on. You learn more from failures than success after all.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1466 on: September 12, 2015, 06:37:24 AM
Pretty much if it weren't for this movie sucking so bad in the box office Disney might not still be as big as they are.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1467 on: September 12, 2015, 05:15:31 PM
It also lost against the Care Bears Movie. Let me repeat Care Bears beat Disney!  The movie had a 44 Million dollar budget and they were only able to get 25 mil from the box office.  So yeah it was a huge blow caused a huge change in Disney in terms of how they made movies.

Wait a moment though. As far as I am aware, that is not how movie revenue works.

From what I have heard the box office take never goes to the movie makers, just to the theater. The movie makers make money selling the movie to the theater (or theater chain) only. They may get a cut of DVD sales and merchandise though.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1468 on: September 12, 2015, 05:33:30 PM
It seems the profit is divided by the distributor or marketing team and the movie theater with the distributor usually getting the bigger cut.  The formula divides the total worldwide box office gross by 2 and then subtracts the Production Budget to get the amount.  That's how box office revenue seems to work anyway.  So yeah guess movie makers don't make money from the box office, however I can't seem to find how much they sold the Black Cauldron to the theaters, just the production about and the box office amount.

Though the movie didn't get a VHS release until 10 years later and a DVD release until 2010 so the the revenue made by those probably wouldn't have mattered to the movie's failure anymore.  They made it up by making better movies.

Not to mention there isn't really any Black Cauldron Merchandise, I certainly don't see it in Disney Land or the local Target.  The thing is I can't account for if they had it back then either, not to mention the Black Cauldron did do better in places like France as well. 

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1469 on: September 13, 2015, 07:50:53 AM
There is a possibility of a Kingdom Hearts 2.9

I can only infer that, if this is true, it will be an HD collection containing Kingdom Hearts 3D, since that basically is KH2.9 anyway. This would be perfect for catching up on the last piece of story before KH3.

That, or it could simply be Kingdom Hearts 3D with nothing much else.
Funny story, if I remember right, this guy was FireMan on the old Atomic-Fire site. I knew he had some work with Capcom and even Comcept since then, but had no idea he was working with SE now

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1470 on: September 15, 2015, 10:56:29 PM
http://youtu.be/zaFLJ0sigeU

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 is heading to PS4.

It consists of Kingdom Hearts 3D HD, Kingdom Hearts X (cutscenes, I assume), and Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage-

That is a [tornado fang]ing mouthful. But man, I did not expect 0.2 to use KH3's engine. Aqua looks wonderful.

By the way, Birth by Sleep Volume 2 (0.2) was a secret ending, years ago, for BBS Final Mix.

http://youtu.be/zdMxNSPd9kY

So now, it has finally come to fruition.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1471 on: September 16, 2015, 12:32:09 AM
These naming schemes, man. I never finished DDD and meant to start over, so this would be a good way to do it.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1472 on: September 16, 2015, 02:29:23 AM
BBS addon come here, I need you.

3D without hand cramps. I'll take it. I can at least play this version. I gave up on it on 3DS early on.

GIVE IT TO ME. I WANT NOW. God I'm such a fanboy piece of [parasitic bomb].

Hurry up with 3 already.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1473 on: September 16, 2015, 08:55:22 PM
Analysis from a Famitsu article.

KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] Back Cover

- The KHX Back Cover will be completely new and not just taken from the current games

- It specifically says that it will unravel the many mysteries that surround the origin of the series, so it seems like it will become an episode of great importance.

- The story synopsis is basically the Chi synopsis, about the Grand Master, who could see the future and saw great sorrow so he bestowed with his foreseeing eye the Book of Prophecy among 5 of his 6 pupils. They came together to form Unions in order to fight the dark beings (Heartless) and protecting the "light".

- While it says it's unknown how much work has been put into 2.8 at this moment, it teases saying that since voices were attached to the KHX Back Cover section of the trailer, casting may be complete.

KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage –

- The most interesting thing is a very brief mention of BBS 0.2's story. It says it happens sometime along Aqua's loitering around in the Realm of Darkness, but it is specifically hiding where in the 10 year gap between BBS and KH1 this occurs.

- During this loitering she stumbles across "unknown memories" and an encounter.

KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD

- KH3D seems to have no additions, based solely on what this article is presenting. (Had a read through what it was saying for KH3D again, and it seems there might be new content. They say that the existence of additional components (content) is something people should ponder about (they are sort of implying there might be)

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1474 on: September 18, 2015, 07:48:02 AM
Thanks for the info Phi! owob