A Zero remake..

Hiroki · 31769

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 08:21:00 PM
Noone was talking about making it a Shadow the Hedgehog...But I´d like to see a remake for one thing: Why the Heck is OMEGA using a GUN instead of a BUSTER ?!

Because it's a buster. Artistic differences remember?

Also, I must be the only person in the world getting tired of the "dark" angle. Funfact: mature doesn't always mean darker. Besides, at the end of the day, I just wanna chop [parasitic bomb] in two, story be damned, although I do respect the Zero series for it's stronger focus on story.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 08:21:08 PM
Why the Heck is OMEGA using a GUN instead of a BUSTER ?!
Because Zero does too.

Zero and X don't look different because technology advanced, they look different because Inti decided to give the series a new artstyle. And a Buster is X' trademark weapon. Not Zero's.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 08:28:13 PM
But Omega is using Zero´s original body...And MMZ Zero is using Milan´s gun..oh wait, does Zero still have the buster in X7 and so on?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 08:31:30 PM
It doesn't matter. Zero got a makeover.

From MMZ on, thinking back, Zero always looked the way he did in the MMZ series.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 08:34:39 PM
There was one point in MMZ that still had blood in the sprite animations, I don't remember which exactly, but that looked acceptable.
The shower of blood from cutting a metal box was over the top, so I can see why that was removed.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 09:16:58 PM
But that's what made the zero-series so unique!

A game where everything you slash at bleeds?! That's just hard-core!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 09:35:01 PM
There was one point in MMZ that still had blood in the sprite animations, I don't remember which exactly, but that looked acceptable.
The shower of blood from cutting a metal box was over the top, so I can see why that was removed.

The first scene with the golems mowing down the Resistance reploids. But that's in the "censored" American version.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 09:49:46 PM
Yeah, that was a good amount while still making the soldiers seem human. I would have paused to think if the Pantheons had bled similarly.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 11:31:40 PM
The only thing I could think through this entire topic was how terrible of an idea this is.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: April 24, 2009, 03:31:08 PM
It doesn't matter. Zero got a makeover.

It matters. From X to ZERO designs, arm mounted busters remain arm mounted busters. Zero's bustergun on the other hand is Milan's. Milan's bustergun is an older model than what the rest of the Resistance carries, said older model is designed to link with a Rock Buster mk17 enhanced beamsaber. Omega uses said older model bustergun and also uses a beamsaber enhanced with X-buster technology.

It should also be noted that Zero himself wielded a bustergun during Elf Wars too. Firstly because of his body has apparent memory of using one in the first game. Secondly because, even though he trashed his X2 buster in X5 and his X3 buster hasn't been seen since X6, he succeeded in doing final strike against Omega. With the way the final strike was presented, a beamsaber was not used and his attack was simultaneous with X's.

The first scene with the golems mowing down the Resistance reploids. But that's in the "censored" American version.

It's the same in the Japanese game. The resistance soldiers there have additional blood as part of their sprite. The bigger blood spatter which you see all across the game was censored out, but the blood in the soldier's sprites was not. So, even though they still bled in the English game, they still bled a lot less.

I think the only time they took some extra effort to censor the sprites was during Hanumachine's infiltration/Resistance base massacre.

http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/Zero/Zero1/Resistance/mmzmiscsoldiersheet.gif
The girl at the bottom is different between Japanese (left) and English (right) versions. Honestly I think the censored one is freakier, what with the weird transparent eye pixels....

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 24, 2009, 04:18:14 PM
I wish they would remake MMZ4 and ged rid or fix the chip system....seriously, I never cared about those things

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 25, 2009, 05:14:39 AM
I actually preferred the chip system to the elf system, considering I like getting S ranks.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 27, 2009, 12:06:50 AM
Z4 felt lacking really. Im not sure of what even. maybe its just because it doesnt have as much drawn cutscenes as the others. that and the fact there are almost no supporting characters besides the caravan. (I mean characters like the big 4.)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 27, 2009, 12:23:19 AM
I thought the quality and polish went up smoothly as the series progressed, but Z4 wasn't as... fun.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 27, 2009, 12:30:44 AM
it really wasnt. I didnt really care for the Z knuckle either. or the fact they just threw away the Sheild boomerang.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: April 27, 2009, 02:16:00 AM
Z4 left all sorts of crap out, in my opinion. Though, I'm sure someone will pop in and go "NO LOOK SOURCEBOOK" or "NO LOOK JAPANESE BLAH BLAH", I shouldn't need to look at either of those to know just what the hell happened to Harpuia, Leviathan, and Fefnir. Seriously, I played the game twice and I can't recall one mention of why those three just up and disappeared in-game.

From what I understand, Z3 was supposed to be the last game or some crap, which is completely terrible because yeah, sure, big battle, Zero killed Omega in his old body woohoo.. Oh wait, what about Weil? Yeah, completely leave him unchecked. Sorry, just doesn't do it for me.

Then there's the whole Kraft/Neige thing. I despised that bit of the story from the beginning because of how hastily done it was. It didn't fit in just one game. It felt like "Oh, we don't have anything else going on, here lets throw this in".

But hey, thats just me. Still don't wanna see a remake, especially because I'm a firm believer of getting it right the first time.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 27, 2009, 02:28:18 AM
But that's what made the zero-series so unique!

A game where everything you slash at bleeds?! That's just hard-core!

This reminds me of this.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2372863/4/Everyday_stories_of_casual_randomness

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: April 27, 2009, 02:54:17 AM
I seriously feel like the only person who believed the big 4 died in Z3 upon noticing their absence in 4.
also, funfact, Z4 is the only Z game I bought new. Z1 and 3 are used.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: April 27, 2009, 05:28:59 PM
You people are seriously crazy for thinking ZERO4 wasn't great, epic and fun. It just stands in the shadow of its predecessor and had to seriously try to be different.

I shouldn't need to look at either of those to know just what the hell happened to Harpuia, Leviathan, and Fefnir. Seriously, I played the game twice and I can't recall one mention of why those three just up and disappeared in-game.

They vanished after the blinding flash of light that knocked Zero out cold. What did you think happened?

Man, even the most random of n00bs concluded from the games alone that they died in ZERO3. It's only additional sources that confuse the matter, not the game.

From what I understand, Z3 was supposed to be the last game or some crap, which is completely terrible because yeah, sure, big battle, Zero killed Omega in his old body woohoo.. Oh wait, what about Weil? Yeah, completely leave him unchecked. Sorry, just doesn't do it for me.

Weren't you complaining about ZERO4? This is exactly why 4 was made.

But no, ZERO3 was not the intended last game, it was the intended climax. It's just that they wanted to make Zero1.5 before ZERO4, but decided otherwise by fan demand to see Vile taken care of.

Then there's the whole Kraft/Neige thing. I despised that bit of the story from the beginning because of how hastily done it was. It didn't fit in just one game. It felt like "Oh, we don't have anything else going on, here lets throw this in".

If you ever read Vile's Incident, you'd know how well the setting of ZERO4 was thought out instead of thrown in just like that.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #44 on: April 27, 2009, 05:53:55 PM
Z4 left all sorts of crap out, in my opinion. Though, I'm sure someone will pop in and go "NO LOOK SOURCEBOOK" or "NO LOOK JAPANESE BLAH BLAH", I shouldn't need to look at either of those to know just what the hell happened to Harpuia, Leviathan, and Fefnir. Seriously, I played the game twice and I can't recall one mention of why those three just up and disappeared in-game.
Yeah, I feel the same way on his.  At the least it could have been handled better.  Zero was at the epicenter of the explosion and he only got knocked out.  Harpy and friends were further away and they were all killed.  Maybe the implication is that X saved him?  Or brought him back?  It'd have been nice if they could have shown that ... what with games being a visual medium and all.  There's an entire scene with X saying goodbye; it could fit right in there.

It seems like they wanted to leave it up in the air and see how they felt about it at a later time.  But it makes things ambiguous unless you look it up in a wiki.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: April 27, 2009, 06:27:09 PM
It's just that they wanted to make Zero1.5 before ZERO4, but decided otherwise by fan demand to see Vile taken care of.

i've always thought Zero4's story would've been better if it was an interquel.

also, i do agree that the Big 3's deaths at the end of Zero 3 was bullshit.

Man, even the most random of n00bs concluded from the games alone that they died in ZERO3.

like this is bullshit. *CLUSH Bombed* you give noobs way too much credit.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: April 27, 2009, 06:38:54 PM
Maybe the implication is that X saved him?  Or brought him back?  It'd have been nice if they could have shown that ... what with games being a visual medium and all.

The final implication is that the fan-favorite X-bioroids shielded him from the blast.

It seems like they wanted to leave it up in the air and see how they felt about it at a later time.

Well, the did want to leave it up in the air. Resulting in them being hinted as dying in TELOS, guessed to be protecting humans elsewhere during ZERO4, watching Ragnarok's decline in Vile's Incident and ultimately being dead as of RZOCW.

But it makes things ambiguous unless you look it up in a wiki.

It makes it ambiguous until you buy MMZOCW. Cause you know about wiki and reliability.

like this is bullshit. *CLUSH Bombed* you give noobs way too much credit.

No, I'm serious, random n00bs did proclaim they died in ZERO3 by Omega's explosion, which we all shot down using our interview and sourcebook info.

i've always thought Zero4's story would've been better if it was an interquel.

How does that even work when all of ZERO4 is based on it being the end?

Vile is in charge of Neo Arcadia. Pantheons got replaced. Humans are fleeing from Neo Arcadia. The Big4 and are nowhere to be seen. Neo Arcadia is destroyed, Weil and Zero are killed. The war is over. Humans and Repliroids start to coexist again.

If you mean better as in 'completely different' I'm inclined to disagree even more.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #47 on: April 27, 2009, 06:50:16 PM
The final implication is that the fan-favorite X-bioroids shielded him from the blast.
Then .... shouldn't Zero be behind them? 

It makes it ambiguous until you buy MMZOCW. Cause you know about wiki and reliability.
::)

This is exactly why people don't play MM for it's story.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: April 27, 2009, 07:32:44 PM
I guess logically it makes sense that the Guardians died in the explosion, as it was apparently large enough to warrant Zero being warped out of there by Mother Elf, but you know... Megaman. Don't believe someone is dead until you see their corpse. And even then, they might get better.
No, I'm serious, random n00bs did proclaim they died in ZERO3 by Omega's explosion, which we all shot down using our interview and sourcebook info.
You know Zan it would really help if you told us when you're being sarcastic or cynical, as you use such clean language I can't tell :|

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: April 27, 2009, 08:19:29 PM
Then .... shouldn't Zero be behind them?

Shielding requires them to actively move, their location is irrelevant. You just shouldn't have blinked during the white out!

Yes, I'm well aware they don't actually do anything.

Roll Eyes

This is exactly why people don't play MM for it's story.

Well, they didn't intend for you to have you buy MMZOCW in order to know that. That just kinda happened as a result of the series' conclusion writing them into a corner.

For your own amusement, here's the quote from MMZOCW:

Why were the Four Guardians excluded from Zero 4?

AIZU: A lot of people ask that question, but the reason is simply because they all died at the end of Zero 3, shielding Zero from the big explosion.
HONDA: But for some reason they still show up in the booklet for the soundtrack.
AIZU: That was just Nakayama being generous with his drawings. (laughs) In the booklet of the fourth Zero soundtrack, there is an illustration of X standing on a tower with beams coming from the Four Guardians... I didn't ask Nakayama to draw it, though. He kind of already had it drawn. (laughs) Tell us, Nakayama! What point in the timeline is that image from?
NAKAYAMA: I'm not sure... when could it be?
AIZU: The timeframe and events of the illustration were a little fuzzy, so we just kind of threw it in there. (laughs)