Reply #13725 on: March 24, 2011, 06:40:17 AM
D:

Not Sym-Bionic Titan... D:

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13726 on: March 24, 2011, 11:06:47 AM
How the hell will they even finish the story? Dammit Gendy, next time, just finish your story on every season.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #13727 on: March 24, 2011, 11:53:55 AM
I have not yet watched that show, but I was gonna as soon as it ends.

Now I'm never going to watch it, until they [tornado fang]ing finish it.

CARTOON NETWORK YOU PIECE OF [parasitic bomb]!

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #13728 on: March 24, 2011, 03:01:33 PM
Oh, so today, I get to oxidize a primary cyclic alcohol to turn it into a cyclic ketone. I imagine there will be lots of gasoline-like fumes today. Better than the fumes of concentrated acids, I suppose.

canceled SymBionic Titan
I didn't even get to watch a complete episode. It even looked mildly interesting.
To lose that in favor of Johnny Test, and those [tornado fang]ing reality shows is disappointment beyond words.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13730 on: March 24, 2011, 04:43:42 PM
God damn Cartoon Network. Cancelling good shows in favor of live-action bullshit.

At least Young Justice is still happening.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #13731 on: March 24, 2011, 05:30:08 PM
Man, poor Genndy. Such a graeat cartoonist, and keeps getting screwed over.

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #13732 on: March 24, 2011, 06:38:16 PM
Shut the [tornado fang] up, please, you fat whore.
You are on FACEBOOK.
There is no NEED for you to be talking with your "girls" at the same time.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #13733 on: March 24, 2011, 08:05:56 PM
Man, poor Genndy. Such a graeat cartoonist, and keeps getting screwed over.

Genndy needs to become a freelance cartoonist and grab a Youtube account if CN's gonna keep whoring the works of ManofAction and thurop, and get a DA account while he's at it. Most of the guys who did Flapjack and Foster's did anyway..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13734 on: March 24, 2011, 08:09:27 PM
Quote from: Gaia link=topic=29.msg305994#msg305994date=1300993556
Genndy needs to become a freelance cartoonist and grab a Youtube account if CN's gonna keep whoring the works of ManofAction and thurop, and get a DA account while he's at it. Most of the guys who did Flapjack and Foster's did anyway..
Because we all know guys like John K are rolling in the dough from going freelance.

He does what makes him able to make cartoons. Just that.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #13735 on: March 24, 2011, 09:57:57 PM
I don't why people like to bullshit on Flapjack just because of his laugh. It's a million times better than the stupid reality / live-action shows they put up there like Hole in the Wall, Run it Back and Johhny Test. And why the frig are they putting sports [parasitic bomb] in CN anyway?! No viewer of Cartoon Network gives a [parasitic bomb] about sports; all we want are decent animated shows on TV like Symbionic Titian and Young Justice, not some wannabe MTV crap. Can't wait for the day they make a live-action drama series with a bunch of moody teenagers... -AC

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #13736 on: March 24, 2011, 10:03:21 PM
I don't why people like to bullshit on Flapjack just because of his laugh. It's a million times better than the stupid reality / live-action shows they put up there like Hole in the Wall, Run it Back and Johhny Test. And why the frig are they putting sports [parasitic bomb] in CN anyway?! No viewer of Cartoon Network gives a [parasitic bomb] about sports; all we want are decent animated shows on TV like Symbionic Titian and Young Justice, not some wannabe MTV crap. Can't wait for the day they make a live-action drama series with a bunch of moody teenagers... -AC

*headdesk*

You know that Johnny Test was from the Kid's WB cartoon era, right? It was pretty much crap to begin with when it first aired; and I only cared about a few things from there: The GOOD cartoons, and of course, YGO, Rockman EXE (under the alias of NT Warrior) and of course, good 'ol Pokemon, now being aired on CN itself.

And yes, while the live reality and sports crap has been grinding my gears, you forgot to account that I can no longer put up with ManofAction's [parasitic bomb]. Young Justice and Star Wars: The Clone Wars (for the sake of Wookieepedia) AND adult swim is pretty much why I have that channel now. Other times when I'm not having The Original Star Wars Trilogy going in the background (yeah, I have that going almost all the time from my DVD/VCR player with the Family Guy combo, it's downright sad) it's almost ALWAYS a Transformers G1 recording or at least TF Prime.

On another note Toru Nakayama seemed to put up with Power Rangers SPD. He has fanart~

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #13737 on: March 24, 2011, 10:38:35 PM
And you know that Johnny Test, Along with Total Drama, are Canadian productions right?

Nothing against Canada, but JT is just pathetic.

Ben 10 wasn't intresting anymore after the first series (So what if I liked it.)
Never watched Generator Rex, though I hear its OK.
I don't bother with much of the action shows (Mainly because of when I was a young lad, Action shows gave me headaches, and Batman was all I liked until that one episode with the robot, then I stopped watching it.)
Clone Wars didn't hold my intrest through an entire episode (Sorry folks, Original Trilogy Whore here.)
Adult Swim is falling into a shithole with Venture Bros., Metalocalypse, Robot Chicken, and ATHF holding my intrest (Why hasn't squidbillies been cancelled yet? Its horrible!)
The only Comedies I watch on CN now are Regular Show and MAD, I used to watch Adventure Time but I totally forgot to set it up for Recording so oh well. And why the hell is Hole in the Wall still on?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #13738 on: March 24, 2011, 10:45:16 PM
http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/network-of-cartoons.html

The Problem Solvers (Prof.Farnsworth wants to have a word with you~)

Secret Mountain of Fort Awesom (Awesomly fail)

The Amazing World of Gumball (Gumballs, really?)

New Ben 10 Series (please.. just die already.. I had enough of the Power Abusing Super Hero [parasitic bomb].. please..)

ThunderCats (HOOOO YYYEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!)

How to Train Your Dragon (OH NO NOT ANOTHER ANIMATED MOVIE SPINOFF ARRRGGHH!)

RedaKai: Conquer the Kairu (WTF is this [parasitic bomb]?!)

Lego Ninjago (No, Ninjas DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! STOP GIVING THEM SUPERPOWERS GOD DAMNIT!)

[tornado fang], my fears were realized. ThunderCats I may watch, but the other shows, [tornado fang] them.

Genddy's moved on to Sony Pictures Animation. Titan got competitive ratings with other action shows, but what shut it down was it didn't have enough toys connected to it. If you don't have the, the studios don't want to renew for another season."

ALL FOR THE SAKE OF [tornado fang]ing MERCHANDISING. [tornado fang] YOU TOO CARTOON NETWORK.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13739 on: March 24, 2011, 11:00:26 PM
Problem Solvers, huh?

...for those who don't know what Problem Solvers is, the AMAZING show for which we lost Sym-Bionic Titan, allow me to show you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dHyB1kRDNc[/youtube]

THIS WAS APPROVED. THIS IS AN ACTUAL FUNDED CARTOON. SYM-BIONIC TITAN WAS DROPPED OVER THIS. THIS.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #13740 on: March 24, 2011, 11:11:41 PM
Problem Solvers, huh?

...for those who don't know what Problem Solvers is, the AMAZING show for which we lost Sym-Bionic Titan, allow me to show you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dHyB1kRDNc[/youtube]

THIS WAS APPROVED. THIS IS AN ACTUAL FUNDED CARTOON. SYM-BIONIC TITAN WAS DROPPED OVER THIS. THIS.

,l,.afasasasmg;kmr;mho;rm;bm;lmfdsbmhjiyimizitziztiinmu

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #13741 on: March 24, 2011, 11:21:35 PM
Problem Solverz was originally going to be some trippy as hell show on [as] called Neon Knome. But that Pilot got dropped for some show about a CG Singing Stripper, and that hasn't gotten farther than the pilot.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #13742 on: March 24, 2011, 11:22:56 PM
You know what?  [tornado fang] trying to get into the animation field.  My ideas and style would be panned and passed over for [parasitic bomb] anyway.  Comics are where it's at.

Or where it would be at.  I still need a day job, first.  A number of pros agree; get a day job, then try to break into the field.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #13743 on: March 24, 2011, 11:26:33 PM
You know what?  [tornado fang] trying to get into the animation field.  My ideas and style would be panned and passed over for [parasitic bomb] anyway.  Comics are where it's at.

Or where it would be at.  I still need a day job, first.  A number of pros agree; get a day job, then try to break into the field.

I'd like to say a few words of possible advice:

Independent Webcomics. They will love you for your writing skillz~

Try the indie comic community, that's a good place to start too, that's where hits like Spawn, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and of course, Hellboy came from.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13744 on: March 24, 2011, 11:30:40 PM
I'd like to say a few words of possible advice:

Independent Webcomics. They will love you for your writing skillz~

Try the indie comic community, that's a good place to start too, that's where hits like Spawn, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and of course, Hellboy came from.
Spawn was written by already-successful-comic-artist Todd McFarlane. TMNT had a big luck strike for being a Daredevil parody, and Hellboy was fortunate enough to have John Byrne's name accompany it and lead it through the comic world wherever it went at first.

Honestly? The Indie comic community sucks. And as far as webcomics go, 99,999999% are either absolute ant total garbage, furry crap, opinionated bullshit, or fetish comics determined to appeal to a certain audience.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #13745 on: March 24, 2011, 11:33:48 PM
And as far as webcomics go, 99,999999% are either absolute ant total garbage, furry crap, opinionated bullshit, or fetish comics determined to appeal to a certain audience.
You could have just said "CAD", for simplicity.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #13746 on: March 24, 2011, 11:34:43 PM
I don't intend to have my stuff lost in a myriad of crap, so webcomics are a no-go.  Local publishers are just that, local.  And indie comics are hit-or-miss.  I'm gonna stick with what the pros said.  They had to break in somehow, they know what the market's like these days.

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #13747 on: March 24, 2011, 11:43:53 PM
As a kid, adults told you that those cartoons are stupid. Transformers, Thundercats, 90's Spiderman, etc.

Yeah, all of those were stupid.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13748 on: March 24, 2011, 11:48:35 PM
I don't intend to have my stuff lost in a myriad of crap, so webcomics are a no-go.  Local publishers are just that, local.  And indie comics are hit-or-miss.  I'm gonna stick with what the pros said.  They had to break in somehow, they know what the market's like these days.
You want to break into the industry?

Become friends with someone from within. That's pretty much the only way.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #13749 on: March 24, 2011, 11:51:28 PM
That's pretty much what I've been doing mostly.  Got two artists and three authors on Failbook, got portfolio reviews from two artists (one artist twice) and two authors, two other artists have seen my work, and one had said to get a hold of Dark Horse's editor and inquire about submissions.

Though, Mark Wheatley still stresses to make sure you have a day job first.