Sakura Leic · 2816527

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #6875 on: November 21, 2009, 03:33:29 AM
"I don't give a [tornado fang] what anyone says, the only mythical creatures that should sparkle in the sunlight are faries, unicorns, and dragons that just polished their scales!"

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6876 on: November 21, 2009, 04:35:52 AM
And white star children on some rare occasions.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6877 on: November 21, 2009, 07:39:46 AM
Thank the mother****ing Lord I don't have a female sibling... or else I would be going through the same thing.
I have 4 sisters (including me), with no brothers, and we all hate Twilight.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #6878 on: November 21, 2009, 12:19:08 PM
Oddly, I feel the same way about Hellsing just as many people here do Twlight, Alucard is too much or jerkass and mary sue who is ridiculously overpowered with an equally jarring sadism. I don't give a [tornado fang] if he is a badass, he is an effing vampire why should care what a human is and I don't care if being overpowered is a part of his character, it is just irritating knowing that Alucard will just come back through some [parasitic bomb] ex machina. When I read a manga I expect my heroes to overcome their obstacles through some effort, it just ruins the Suspension of Disbelief for me knowing that the heroes will just win because they are overpowered, invincible and just plain boring to honest. I find myself suportting the villains more than those kinds of heores and I don't care if most of the time that is the point, I want the heroes to stop being so invulnerable and more mortal.
People who like Hellsing, more often than not, like it because Alucard is an overpowered monstrosity. It's the innate, visceral thrill one gets upon witnessing an undead vampire lord tear a villain's juggular out with a shadowy hellhound. Screw character development and balanced fighters, we want fountains of delicious crimson blood!

Or so I would imagine. I haven't actually watched a lot of it myself, but this is the vibe I get from the fans.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Why else would Madworld and Evil Dead be so popular~?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #6879 on: November 21, 2009, 12:35:23 PM
"I hope to get my birthday gift in the mail soon. My boyfriend is getting something special in his mailbox too! Love you, Akira~ >/v/<" </wii>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #6880 on: November 21, 2009, 05:46:56 PM
I read on TVTropes about hot blooded heroes and for some reason, I find myself turned off by them although at one time I would have liked to be like them. hot blooded characters seem to have little to almost no character development and why is required for Suiper Robot heroes to be this way?

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6881 on: November 21, 2009, 06:07:15 PM
Because you too would be a fiery-blooded maniac if you had a gigantic robot suit that could crush entire cities under its heel.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6882 on: November 21, 2009, 09:33:23 PM
That New Moon movie was just the scouting party, next htye are going to hit were it really hurts, get ready fpor, SCENE IT TWILIGHT, And Konami is habing a hand in making it. Though I doubt anyone would buy it, how many books does that twilight series have?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #6883 on: November 21, 2009, 09:35:01 PM
4, and one of my idiot friends said there are going to be more.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6884 on: November 21, 2009, 09:46:38 PM
Some girls were talking about the book being remade in Edward's point of view, which will possibly happen, gotta get all the candy out of that pinata.
Remidns me, I JUST saw an ad that said "Which new Moon character are you?" Does not sound as crazy as the smelling thing but, still the books been out for quite a while, yet STILL people are trying to pump out as much as they can, oh god dont make them create aciton figures. Which reminds me of another thing, those chess pieces in the cover of one of hte series books? They were selling them in some barnes and noble in minnesota, bigger than regular chess pieces, but they were 140$! I would only pay for this high of price for chess pieces ifit was the one Lelouch uses ot detonate crap, and it would have to come with some bombs as well.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #6885 on: November 21, 2009, 09:49:36 PM
   Thank You
But Our Princess is In Another Castle

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #6886 on: November 21, 2009, 09:50:48 PM
    Thank You
But Our Princess is In Another Castle

... Just kidding! Ha ha ha! Bye bye.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6887 on: November 21, 2009, 09:53:30 PM
You just had to say it.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6888 on: November 21, 2009, 09:55:20 PM
Remidns me, I JUST saw an ad that said "Which new Moon character are you?" Does not sound as crazy as the smelling thing but, still the books been out for quite a while, yet STILL people are trying to pump out as much as they can, oh god dont make them create aciton figures.

They already exist sadly, I'm sure I saw an Edward action figure in an otherwise awesome shop at the mall.

Also, New Moon is shattering records, expected but still not good >_>

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6889 on: November 21, 2009, 09:57:15 PM
Records In Poularity, At least its getting Shitty Reviews.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #6890 on: November 21, 2009, 09:58:25 PM
They already exist sadly, I'm sure I saw an Edward action figure in an otherwise awesome shop at the mall.

Also, New Moon is shattering records, expected but still not good >_>

And like I said, millions will go to see crap flicks but still turn out good (to them) anyway.

Records In Poularity, At least its getting Shitty Reviews.

Do tell.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6891 on: November 21, 2009, 10:00:54 PM
Which has now diminshed my hope in mankind, if you need me, im going to go....cry...

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #6892 on: November 21, 2009, 11:18:48 PM
Some girls were talking about the book being remade in Edward's point of view, which will possibly happen, gotta get all the candy out of that pinata.
Remidns me, I JUST saw an ad that said "Which new Moon character are you?" Does not sound as crazy as the smelling thing but, still the books been out for quite a while, yet STILL people are trying to pump out as much as they can, oh god dont make them create aciton figures. Which reminds me of another thing, those chess pieces in the cover of one of hte series books? They were selling them in some barnes and noble in minnesota, bigger than regular chess pieces, but they were 140$! I would only pay for this high of price for chess pieces ifit was the one Lelouch uses ot detonate crap, and it would have to come with some bombs as well.
This reminds me of the time when I saw a board game for Twilight inside a BJs. I crack up thinking about it now.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #6893 on: November 21, 2009, 11:49:15 PM
"I wonder if there are plenty of people that liked Gaia's past design.."

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #6894 on: November 22, 2009, 12:00:42 AM
41 degree celcius? insanity!

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6895 on: November 22, 2009, 12:04:37 AM
I just feel the need to throw this point out there. And please, let this be the last - or one of the last - words on this trite and reviled subject.

Stephanie Meyer is not a good writer. Just open any of her books at any page and, within moments, you will see that. So why is she so successful? One simple reason:

She has a winning formula.

Back in the Good Old Days, vampires were monsters. Go back to Slavic folklore, for example, or Bram Stoker's hallmark novel Dracula; they were creatures to be feared and loathed. Even though Count Dracula was a stylish aristocrat - especially as portrayed by a one Mr. Bela Lugosi - he was also a wicked being, an evil man who used other people for his own selfish purposes. Skip forward a few decades to the Anne Rice era. Suddenly, vampires are not the scary, brooding, haemophiliac demons they once were. Why? Well, obviously Ms. Rice took the "style" portion from Count Dracula's "stylish villainy" and transformed that into a romantic anti-hero in the form of Lestat. Vampires were no longer monsters or demons; they were attractive, seductive and misunderstood misanthropes. Female readers swooned. Vampires began to lose credibility. The "goth" subculture/social clique, in particular, were fascinated by this concept - a handsome, sophisticated and elegant, yet socially shunned and feared Casanova! The kind of character they could admire and adore. The trend continued. Gradually, it seemed, the idea of a monstrous and evil vampire was fading.

Now look to Stephanie Meyer's work. She obviously understood - and, presumably, still understands - why these "new-age" vampires are so admirable and beloved, especially by gothic literature enthusiasts and teenage girls. She is not only taking advantage of this fascination with the romantic vampire (whether her work is plagiarism or not is left to one's own opinion), she is taking advantage of her target demograph. Now, I don't like generalising. But it would not be much of a stretch to say that "tweenage" girls are, more often than not, not very well gifted with the faculty of good judgement (there are exceptions, of course, and I don't mean to offend anyone; but that is another argument entirely). They see a book that promises angsty teenage romance, and they lap it up. Throw in a vampire or two - or however many there are in these god-forsaken atrocities upon the literary scene - for that eerie supernatural edge, and you have yourself one winning formula to go. As for why these vampires - and I use the term loosely - are scarcely anything like Mr. Stoker's eponymous antagonist or the vampires of old Slavic folklore...well, these books are still aimed at tweenage girls. And we can't have shadowy-dwelling demons ripping young maidens' throats out and feasting on their fresh virgin blood in such a book, now, can we? At least, Stephanie Meyer seems to think so; Darren Shan would like to point out that you can still have proper, scary vampires in a children's book and be a big success. But I digress. Meyer, instead, chose to make them brooding, anti-social loners, albeit incredibly handsome ones. This gives them that "mysterious" edge that these young ladies tend to fawn over. It also lends itself to a "plot" (and, again, I use the term loosely) point, when our young protagonist finds out that the object of her affections is, in fact, a vampire! Gasp! Oh, and as for the sparkles; quite simple, really. First of all, having the heroes shrivel up and decay into dust and bone in the sunlight would not only be rather gruesome for young ladies, it would also raise the problem of finding one's paramour in a pile of dust because of shoddy window blinds. Not to mention the fact that it would lead to some rather awkward situations of not being able to go out during midday. And, secondly, what do tweenage girls love? That's right, sparkly things! It's a winning formula - plus one! Huzzah!

Perhaps if Meyer could tell a good story, her series wouldn't be so reviled by just about everyone outside its targeted demograph of young girls. But wait! Stop the presses! According to this writer's mother, who is an avid reader and knows very well what it takes to make a good book, Stephanie Meyer has written a good book - The Host! Gasp! So what's stopping her from making the Twilight series actually a decent read instead of fireplace fodder for cold Winter nights? The answer is, of course, two things: rabid fans and vampires. Those God damned vampires ruin everything.

So, to sum up this entire argument...

Don't blame Stephanie Meyer for unleashing this evil upon us, at least not her alone: blame Anne Rice, rabid fans and inexperienced movie directors! But then, of course, one must consider that Stephanie Meyer is likely just writing with her "winning formula" because she knows it will make a quick buck - from books, movies, promotional merchandise, and so forth.

Oh dear.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6896 on: November 22, 2009, 01:43:16 AM
Well, Sir. That is a great analysis of the situation. That "Quick Buck" is whats making me (And many other people) Disgusted with this person. Though you are right, we should blame the person who started this mess, not the one cashing in on it.

Now when they move the Twilight crap away from the Manga section of Borders and put it over near the music I will be happy.

Offline Mega Greasy Houdini Tek 54321

• B-Class Hunter
  • BOOYAKASHA!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #6897 on: November 22, 2009, 01:46:42 AM
Hm, maybe I should go back to that one idea I had where vampires were created from the remains of Vlad the Impaler and all hell broke loose... 8D

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #6898 on: November 22, 2009, 02:01:40 AM
Now when they move the Twilight crap away from the Manga section of Borders and put it over near the music I will be happy.
at my local chapters they have it right beside the D&D books. |:

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #6899 on: November 22, 2009, 02:13:52 AM
They got like a "worst books ever" section or something?