What Anime are you Currently Watching?

Satoryu · 464845

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1400 on: March 12, 2011, 09:13:24 PM
Oh. You're not familiar with the forced meme regarding this anime?
Nevermind then.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1401 on: March 12, 2011, 09:18:20 PM
No I don't know about any memes regarding the show...

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1402 on: March 12, 2011, 09:23:20 PM
No I don't know about any memes regarding the show...
Honestly saying, I wanted to check out dat show too.
Is it not a generic moeblob thing? Because I hate generic moeblob things.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1403 on: March 12, 2011, 09:34:36 PM
If it was one I wouldn't be watching it. That's why I said it surprised it...also:

This guy is awesome

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1404 on: March 14, 2011, 07:03:55 PM
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. I love it so much.
It'll be my new trip.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1405 on: March 14, 2011, 07:34:53 PM
The English dub of Highschool of the Dead started up. I think they're going about it the right way. The language is more colorful, there are at least three F bombs in the first episode alone, and there's hammy parts that just seem appropriate. And it's not the usual Sentai Filmworks subjects in the lead roles either, save for Monica Rial as the nurse. Hell, I've never heard of Takashi's actor before this show.

I'm giving Trigun a rewatch. I'm halfway through. After that I have a bunch of box sets on queue. And there's a bunch of on demand stuff. Only new show is Needless, which isn't too bad.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1406 on: March 14, 2011, 09:06:06 PM
Yumekui Merry. I must say I didn't expect to find a show that strikes my fancy among the new animes.

Was watching that for a while. I had to force myself to continue through it for the most part, unfortunately. Up to episode 4, and will watch another episode to decide if i should drop it or not.

Also watching Gosick. Not too bad, but i wish they would pick up the pacing a bit.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1407 on: March 14, 2011, 09:13:34 PM
Also watching Gosick. Not too bad, but i wish they would pick up the pacing a bit.
Yeah, I have to agree...the first "mystery" could have been handled a lot better...
but yeah I kinda found a liking to it.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1408 on: March 16, 2011, 09:33:35 PM
Well, I'm about to start Madoka. I just hope that THAT scene isn't worse than I imagine (I know it is in the manga which is why I'm not reading that instead) >__<

I should also start catching up with Letter Bee: Reverse some time, what with it being all anime only story now and me not knowing what I'm missing now. God I wish the thing got scanlated faster though >__>

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1409 on: March 16, 2011, 09:54:21 PM
Only new show is Needless, which isn't too bad.

Yeah, that was pretty good. But i could not watch an episode without directly thinking of TTGL, though i think that was intentional. (Blade/Kamina = triangular shades, open shirt, GAR -- Eve/Yoko = busty, skimpy outfit, sidekick of sorts)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1410 on: March 17, 2011, 08:11:45 PM
Yeah it has to be a shoutout/parody.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1411 on: March 20, 2011, 03:39:05 AM
I just watched Heartcatch Precure the Movie, even though I only watched like few minutes + screenshots on 4Chan of the series.
Even so, I can safely say this was the most awesomely animated, heartwarming and beautiful animu thing I have seen since the Layton movie.
Seriously, go watch it! Especially if you've seen the series and liked it.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1412 on: March 22, 2011, 12:40:07 AM
Caught up on SRWOG: The Inspector (AKA: The Manly Hour).

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1413 on: March 23, 2011, 08:12:21 PM
Recently watched: Welcome to the Space Show!

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #1414 on: March 24, 2011, 03:03:41 AM
Hellsing Ultimate~! I'm still waiting for your new episodes =w=a Meanwhile I shall oogle at the blood and guts and guns.

Nodame Cantabile! I'm usually not one for stuffs this girly but it's surprisingly good. And it's about music, which I'm weak for.

My mum's watching Level E and rewatching Hunter X Hunter. She recommends Level E amongst this season's anime.
(I just recommended Madoka to her wwwwwwwwww)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1415 on: March 24, 2011, 03:20:43 AM
Keikatsu Zorro. Still so awesome.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1416 on: March 24, 2011, 12:00:32 PM
Hellsing Ultimate~! I'm still waiting for your new episodes =w=a Meanwhile I shall oogle at the blood and guts and guns.
I stopped watching some time ago, did they finally animate
[spoiler]Walter's betrayal and his transformation into a brat... oh and the Girlycard?[/spoiler]
I own all the volumes of the manga, the Polish releases so...

Offline nobody

• Robot Master
  • this is me giving a [tornado fang]
    • View Profile
Reply #1417 on: March 24, 2011, 12:08:09 PM

Gainax fanboys are the biggest hipsters all around.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #1418 on: March 24, 2011, 12:23:13 PM
@Kharaxel: I took this screenshot from a flashback.

Also,
[spoiler]
They got up to riiiight before it and stopped. Freeeeeeeeeaakin' hell I want my brat!Walter! ;A; The new episode was meant to come out the end of last year but it's uh...still not. But the geese's last stand was epic awesome fun amazing bloody gory yay \o/[/spoiler]

Hellsing was one of the earlier mangas that influenced me, I still love it. Another one is Trigun but Badlands Rumble was just fanservice. I want them to do a Trigun anime remake that actually follows the plot >O

Yes, my mum is a bigger otaku than I am. Problem?

Offline nobody

• Robot Master
  • this is me giving a [tornado fang]
    • View Profile
Reply #1419 on: March 24, 2011, 12:24:36 PM
No. I was just surprised. It's not something you hear everyday.

Gainax fanboys are the biggest hipsters all around.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1420 on: March 24, 2011, 12:31:34 PM
@Kharaxel: I took this screenshot from a flashback.

Also,
[spoiler]
They got up to riiiight before it and stopped. Freeeeeeeeeaakin' hell I want my brat!Walter! ;A; The new episode was meant to come out the end of last year but it's uh...still not. But the geese's last stand was epic awesome fun amazing bloody gory yay \o/[/spoiler]

Hellsing was one of the earlier mangas that influenced me, I still love it. Another one is Trigun but Badlands Rumble was just fanservice. I want them to do a Trigun anime remake that actually follows the plot >O

The Trigun anime was already good enough and followed the plot to some extent. I actually prefer the way it leads through events as opposed to the manga (which is also good, just not as goood, IMO). Badlands Rumble was exactly what we needed. Stuff that doesn't fit in the anime, but what the hell, it's amazingly good anyway.

Man, I miss the 90's... there was such good stuff back then. None of this moe garbage.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1421 on: March 24, 2011, 12:39:23 PM
Krystal: I know of that one flashback, so well... they stopped right before Brat Walter, huh.

Flash: Was Slayers from nineties? I kinda forget when it was made... but whatever, I love Slayers to this day. I even own two osts from NEXT, one from TRY plus a collection of vocal songs and... two cd dramas. : P
I at least got myself two new series in the recent years, but they were more like fanservice. : < Good fanservice, but still.

But yeah, those were such good times. Magic Knight Rayearth, Sailor Moon, Slayers, Dragon Ball Z and some other things I don't remember now. : <

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1422 on: March 24, 2011, 12:46:22 PM
Yep, it was from '96.

Back when Japan liked femme fatales rather than lolis.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #1423 on: March 24, 2011, 01:53:31 PM
Oh don't get me wrong I liked the Trigun anime. In fact it was the first 'serious' anime that I watched (dubbed as well) and I had loved it~ But there were always these little things I didn't really get.
I later read the manga and things make more sense after completion and
[spoiler]
Awww man Wolfwood's manga death was ;A;
[/spoiler]
I think overall the manga was more satisfying that and I'm weak to still images and moar ax crazy!Legato so I'd like to see it done if only for the epic action scenes.

I didn't hate Badlands Rumble, but the plot was a paper thin excuse to bring back all that we loved. It worked, but I still want my completion >O

Also, lusting for the 90s? My my, don't we sound old.
I will agree the moe crap we get nowadays is terribad though. You know, because KyoAni starts doing it and everyone else is following lead. And also story doesn't matter anymore because fanservice is more popular. :U

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1424 on: March 24, 2011, 04:52:12 PM
Oh don't get me wrong I liked the Trigun anime. In fact it was the first 'serious' anime that I watched (dubbed as well) and I had loved it~ But there were always these little things I didn't really get.
I later read the manga and things make more sense after completion and
[spoiler]
Awww man Wolfwood's manga death was ;A;
[/spoiler]
I think overall the manga was more satisfying that and I'm weak to still images and moar ax crazy!Legato so I'd like to see it done if only for the epic action scenes.

I didn't hate Badlands Rumble, but the plot was a paper thin excuse to bring back all that we loved. It worked, but I still want my completion >O

Also, lusting for the 90s? My my, don't we sound old.
I will agree the moe crap we get nowadays is terribad though. You know, because KyoAni starts doing it and everyone else is following lead. And also story doesn't matter anymore because fanservice is more popular. :U
I lusted for the 90's because if I lusted for the 80's, people would call me old. >_> I guess you youngsters  are more whippersnappers than I thought.

And I liked the anime more, because it was simpler. The manga sometimes crashed and burned with some characters being more than they should have been. The anime kept everything neat and simple, and explained it all. That, and I don't really like the manga art much. Just like Hellsing, it's too confusing for me to tell what the hell is going on sometimes.

Badlands Rumble was perfect. It didn't mess with the perfect canon we have, and it gave us more of the same. The plot was more of the same of the first half of the anime, and it bore no relevance to the overall story. All in all, it's awesome.