Hypershell · 2491

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
on: November 28, 2010, 10:20:49 AM
Wrapped this up today and thought I'd post it here.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/go/thread/view/114725/26348657/

Hai Marder

If you're wondering where I got that name, I dug through U-Boat terms and strung together two human torpedo models.

The basic shape of the body segments, as well as the double-cannon tail, is a homage to Titanus (aka King Brachion).

The spikes on the drill are a reference to the Servbot Borer's "Hyper Drill" in The Misadventures Of Tron Bonne (no, PB, that's not a sub-Ether engine).

And now, we procede with the Unity copy/paste!

[My Bonne Mecha]

A snake-like mecha that burrows through the ground at lightning speeds.  Carrying many concealed weapons, this robot is not to be taken lightly! When not burrowing, the drill head splits in half and folds back, revealing the cockpit.

Attacks are as follows:
-While burrowing, can leap between spots in the ground as if it were a dolphin in water.  Can also leap between the ground and ceiling.  Stay out of its way!
-Gatling gun mounted beneath the cockpit.  Gotta move fast.
-Tron's tried luring Mega Man to her side, but this time she's ready to take him by force!  One of the upper body segments reveals an extendable claw, grabbing for Mega Man! If he gets caught, it'll deliver an electric shock to him.
-Those blades on the tail hurt!  The Hai Marder can whip its tail out when sitting above ground.  Alternatively, if its body is only partially above ground, the tail may pop up from a different spot in the floor.
-The "Bonne emblem" and "gem" highlights extend out from the body revealing mini-missile launchers.  These have limited homing ability.
-As a desperation move, after the tail lashes out from the ground, it will charge up the signature energy cannon used by the Bonnes throughout Legends 1.

[The Mission]

The tail and cockpit are your main targets (the drill when folded shut will block attacks).

If Mega Man is grabbed by the claw, the electric shock will drain his health, and he must fire several shots at the claw itself until it releases him.  If he dodges the claw while standing near a wall, it may hit the wall and get stuck, allowing Mega Man to attack the claw freely.

Attacking the claw repeatedly sends a power surge back through the Hai Marder, causing heavy damage to it and blowing the cockpit open.  You'll momentarily see Tron scolding a poor Servbot inside, as they struggle to recover.

You lose if you run out of health, that's pretty much it.

[Other]

My mind drew a COMPLETE blank in regards to detailing (or lack thereof) for the claw.  I apologize for that, as well as the general roughness of many of the sketches.

The body segments are arranged as follows: Head, Bonne emblem, claw, jewel, plain, jewel, plain, etc., until the blade/cannon at the tail tip.  Excluding the head and tail tip, there are 12 segments, but that number may be adjusted depending on how large/small the mecha needs to be for the game.

Not pictured, the black "joint" area along the body can extend in order to allow the tail to attack at a location more distant from the main body.  To save the modelers some pain, this effect may be concealed underground.  This basically just means that the head and tail may pop up at different locations in the boss room.

Needless to say, however Capcom believes they can tweak this design to make it better, I'm all for it.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 08:34:56 PM
I like it. It looks well done and well thought of.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 08:42:46 PM
I wish I could come up with mechs...good job!

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 08:58:29 PM
It's obligatory for the mecha to have drills and be earth-type? I wanted to do a Marine mecha...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 09:13:19 PM
It needs to break in through the ceiling, according to the discussion that Eguchi provided.  To that end, yeah, many of the submissions are digging.  It CAN also be water-themed since the dungeon will be water-themed, but it doesn't necessarily have to be.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline zombiefriend

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • IAmContent
Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 09:20:59 PM
It makes me think of Gundam Wing. So, you know, that's really cool.

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 10:09:23 PM
The mecha should be really small to move in a room like that.

It would be cool if when the mecha lands, the floor collapses and you enter the real battle arena.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 12:13:15 AM
The spikes on the drill are a reference to the Servbot Borer's "Hyper Drill" in The Misadventures Of Tron Bonne (no, PB, that's not a sub-Ether engine).

Wait, how'd I get involved?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 12:24:19 AM
Mai Harder?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 02:22:04 AM
You wish. >U<

Wait, how'd I get involved?
You didn't do anything.  It's just when posting it here I couldn't help but recall your linking a certain upcoming Pokemon to the search for the Galactic Leyline.  *shrugs*

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 04:45:56 AM
Ahhhhhhhh. LoL, silly me.

Best of luck though.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 10:20:35 AM
I can actually see this on the game. Very well thought, neat transformation too.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 11:33:15 PM
Ahhhhhhhh. LoL, silly me.

Best of luck though.
Glad my 4AM wit help up against your scrutiny.

And thanks, man. 8)

Now I just need to whip up a sig-banner and start actually posting on Unity. :V

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 04:46:09 AM
Well, voting has come and gone.  Ye olde banner shall remain here for posterity.

Many thanks to all who supported.  It was a wild ride, but I guess my big bad robo-tapeworm must return to the abyss.