geekgo4 · 10649

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 24, 2009, 07:52:54 AM
3 things:

1. I never feel christmasy at all, it seems like just another excuse to get away from school, which I'm fine with.

2. I don't find anything amusing about the holiday of giving. I always feel alone and isolated even when surrounded by family.

3. IT IS COMMERCIALIZED.

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: December 24, 2009, 08:05:42 AM
The only time Christmas sucks for me is when I can't afford to buy anyone presents. It makes me feel really guilty, especially when they get me things.

Offline geekgo4

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: December 24, 2009, 08:15:01 AM

Offline Emiri Landeel

• M i s s i n g   i n   a c t i o n
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Put your faith in me and I'll show ya.
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 24, 2009, 08:24:28 AM
Tomorrow (25 dec) I have to go to the university.
And hand the draft of my project to teacher, just to gain her approval to continue the project.
Which is suck....

WORST.CHRISTMAS.EVER...... (at least for me)

And yes, I won't get any present from anyone this year.
No parties, no... nothing. Only works await me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: December 24, 2009, 08:38:00 AM
I really like Christmas, the songs, the presents, and seeing other family relatives, although I'm not really social at all and I can't remember all of my relatives names and faces because there are so many of the. But I hate how people act so crazy during Christmas.  

I mean when Christmas comes around some people sometimes drive so fast that they don't seem to care if they run over someone or get into a car accident until it's too late, I should know because me and my brother almost got ran over a few years ago during christmas time while going to a game shop.  Then they take most of the things you want to get way faster than you do since their not as busy as you are.  I mean my brother wanted Terminator Salvation, Angels and Demons, Hangover, and Something Something Something Darkside but was only able to get the last one, although my mom was able to get Terminator Salvation today so it's all good.

Not to mention that now I can't get my new phone until next Thursday because they ran out I mean for crying out loud Verizon said they got the shipment of the phones yesterday and they ran out today I mean shouldn't they have phones reserved for the people who requested them like they do with games.  Oh and let's not forget that one time 2 years ago when I wanted to get a Wii for Christmas but it took almost a year to find one since it was sold out everywhere I mean it was almost the same thing for my DS Lite but luckily I found that at a Best Buy of all places.

And finally this it the time that my father is sure to be manic.  I mean like yesterday at the car dealer my dad was so crazy since my mom went to buy the car yesterday instead of today since the car dealer said he wasn't going to be there today because he was going to have a day off today, or so he said. -_-  My dad was so mad that he said that he was going to get the car, the reason being that the dealer wanted to buy our old car for $500 dollers, and was spouting out nonsense like he was going to just replace the car's engine and it would only cost $5000...yeah like that was ever going to happen since it would probably have even more problems even if we did replace the engine, not to mention, and this is something that I forgot to mention in the "What am I thinking" thread, that the car had electrical problems so the signals don't work 90% of the time, so there was no way I was going drive that death trap anyway. I mean that was one of the reasons that I was so scared of leaning how to drive in that car, it's way too unsafe.  

Anyway back to my dad, when he got to the dealer he was so mad that after we walked out of there saying that he didn't want to buy the new car if he was only able to sell it for 500$ the dealer runs out and agreed to let my dad sell it for $2000, which was the price he wanted, because before it went from $500 to $700 to $1000 and then finally $2000.  I mean during this ordeal I was crying, because my dad was really scary, my grandpa was scared, and my mom was shocked but she went along with it because she's seen this before and the minute the dealer went from $500 to $700 she knew that the dealer was going to give in to $2000.  And man you should of seen the dealer afterward I mean I didn't really see his face but my mom said sorry to him and he "said it was alright" but a lot more shook up so if I paid attention and saw his face I would probably say that he almosted peed his pants.

Not to mention when my dad drives, his road rages gets even worse becuae of the crazy drivers.  I mean my dad is  strictly a by the book driver, if you don't stop fully at a stop sign he blows up for a minute.  Not to mention my dad is a little bit rasist so he thinks that most of the bad drivers are Mexicans.

I'm sorry if this sounded partially selfish, but I just wish that the people who do go shopping don't act so selfish so they don't make so many people suffer one way or another.  

Although of course that's not going to be possible because there no way everyone can act selfless, and if that does happen then something is wrong because either we have some kind of evil dictator or something like The Giver or Ferenheit 451 happened which means the world is really messed up.  I mean it's just like that guy who worte the Leivathan said, people are naturally selfish, evil and stupid.  Although I would wish to lean on what that other guy, who's name I also forgot, said which was people are naturally kind and good and if given the choice they would do the right thing but it seems to be the other way around.  I mean I just wish that people would realize that the are taking so many things for granted and that if they lost all the technological advances we have today, there would be no way we could possibly survive since our society is so dependant on technology.  I know I've taken a lot of things for granted but that's how thing are right now.

...Holy crud this entire thing is so off topic now.  I guess my friend was right, even though me and 90% of my history class are failing that stupid teacher's class I really am learning a lot. That nad I maust be playing too much Megaman Starforce 3.  Anyway in conclusion, I love Christmas but everyone seems to have forgotten what it really means.   So Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, have a good Kawanza, or whatever holiday you celebrate.  Happy Holidays and cheers to a New Year.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 24, 2009, 08:52:36 AM
tl;dr

Oh, before I forget;
My two cousins getting into politics over the dinner table. One a common working guy with a wife and 3 kids in college, and the other an ignorant (Im not being biased here, folks, his ears are closed to anything anyone says.) Extremist right wing with a wife, a daughter 2 years younger than me, and a toddler with heart problems. Hoo boy. We've baned politics from family reunions, but just about everything that comes out of his mouth is a political related thing. Even his jokes are rife with political beliefs.
He used to be the funny guy in the family, but now hes rather acidic. (His wife is rather fed up with the politics too. seriously, he gets TOO riled up. He turns RED fer cryin out loud. And there's heart problems in his fathers side of the family to boot.)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 24, 2009, 09:19:00 AM
Christmas is the happiest time of the year to me even when not considering the presents, so besides the decreasing number of presents and family members attending (because of them getting their own family mostly), I don't really have a problem with it. I do wish they'd stop putting up all of the Christmas decorations and advertisement months before the actual date =/

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: December 24, 2009, 01:14:11 PM
I never got a Nintendo 64 for Christmas

[spoiler];_;[/spoiler]

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 24, 2009, 01:18:13 PM
-Putting up the decorations immediately after Thanksgiving.
-Taking down the decorations sometime in mid January.
-Visiting family I do not like very much at all.

Otherwise, [tornado fang] YEAH IT'S CHRISTMAS.

Agreed on all points.

Offline Ciel

• THE Dr Ciel~
  • Robot Master
  • Zero is the coolest reploid ever <3
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: December 24, 2009, 02:03:44 PM
I love Christmas really.. but when it comes around, a lot of things tend to kill my Christmas spirit. I love it for the atmosphere.. unlike my sister and her kids where it's purely materialistic. Niece and nephew are spoiled rotten brats.. each and every holiday, even birthdays, the two of them always get yelled at by my sister. My sister herself is bad in her own way. With my mom it's okay since she's like me.. though she helps spoil the rotten bunch all year round which of course doesn't help anything.

This year is pretty bad too. I mentioned several times that I'm starting to hate Christmas.. which I am. And extra more bullshit for me this year, on the 22nd (which was Tuesday - the day before yesterday), I woke up with a cold. Since then it's been getting worse and spreading.. so yeah. I think now the only thing I could ever want for a Christmas present is a Christmas where I'm healthy and where no one is a bad mood or trying to strangle one another.  :'(

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: December 24, 2009, 03:05:31 PM
The only time Christmas sucks for me is when I can't afford to buy anyone presents. It makes me feel really guilty, especially when they get me things.
This...Most of the time I don´t know what to give for X-mas...and when I find something I can´t afford it... :'(

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: December 24, 2009, 07:40:58 PM

[spoiler];_;[/spoiler]

Damn, that is [tornado fang]'d up. XD

Also:

Christmas is the happiest time of the year to me even when not considering the presents, so besides the decreasing number of presents and family members attending (because of them getting their own family mostly), I don't really have a problem with it. I do wish they'd stop putting up all of the Christmas decorations and advertisement months before the actual date =/

Totally agreed on this even though I love driving around Brooklyn and looking at the regular folks Christmas light shows on their houses/apartment sides/nearby trees/stores/fire escapes. XD

It's been a tradition of mine to always do that once or twice before the big day.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: December 24, 2009, 07:45:46 PM
only problem i have with it is the mess we have to clean up after.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: December 24, 2009, 09:18:08 PM

[spoiler];_;[/spoiler]

I did, and I was the happiest boy in the world.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: December 24, 2009, 10:49:26 PM
My problem with Christmas is that people complain about Christmas. It's day off where you can just relax. You're snowed in so you don't have to be anywhere, and yet, people still complain. Funny thing is that, the people who do complain, tend to be the ones who hate the fact that people in the world don't get along. So the one day that people actually do get along and try to be happy, there is still complaining.

At this point, I'm almost positive people are complaining just for the sake of complaining.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: December 24, 2009, 10:51:12 PM
Oh yeah, speaking of snow, another thing I dislike is that it NEVER snows here =(

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #41 on: December 24, 2009, 11:15:20 PM
Feh, it's almost like a curse around here when it comes to snow. When you want it to snow, it won't, yet when you want the snow to stay in the sky, we get, like, 6 feet of it! .... Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but still, you get the point, right?

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: December 24, 2009, 11:52:28 PM
Oh yeah, speaking of snow, another thing I dislike is that it NEVER snows here =(

One thing I hate about Christmas is that it's summer here!  8D

Anyway, got to some friend house to ate dinner yesterday and played some board game and got drunk.

I'd say Christmas is good this year.  8)

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #43 on: December 25, 2009, 12:35:41 AM
My only problem is the lack of snow. It stops snowing few days before Christmas, the temperature rises so everything can melt, and after Christmas it's snowing again.
White Christmas, lol.

And the same thing happens for New Year's Eve.

Offline geekgo4

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: December 25, 2009, 12:37:03 AM
My problem with Christmas is that people complain about Christmas. It's day off where you can just relax. You're snowed in so you don't have to be anywhere, and yet, people still complain. Funny thing is that, the people who do complain, tend to be the ones who hate the fact that people in the world don't get along. So the one day that people actually do get along and try to be happy, there is still complaining.

At this point, I'm almost positive people are complaining just for the sake of complaining.
It's mostly a facade... well, I believe so. You have to have a holiday to get along together?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: December 25, 2009, 12:37:22 AM
One thing I hate about Christmas is that it's summer here!  8D

With how unwintery these past few winters have been here I wouldn't be surprised if all of a sudden it'd be the same here XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: December 25, 2009, 02:36:32 AM
only problem i have with it is the mess we have to clean up after.
Amen to that.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: December 25, 2009, 03:09:01 AM
I always get sucky present but there is always after christmas.  8D

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: December 25, 2009, 03:43:20 AM
My problem with Christmas is that I have to socialize.

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: December 25, 2009, 04:25:33 AM
Only problems I have with the season is that we don't have a family reunion like we used to. Mostly because we're not in the same country/island and don't have enough money to travel from place to place.

Also, summer in winter. 8B