Sky Child · 219848

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1150 on: August 26, 2014, 12:17:15 AM
That is [tornado fang]'d up. I mean I don't even play the game and that treatment of her is just... wow.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1151 on: August 26, 2014, 12:21:22 AM
Jeez I don't even like the Walking Dead but that's just seriously messed up, in universe and out.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1152 on: August 26, 2014, 12:22:31 AM
That certainly doesn't make me want to try the game now.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1153 on: August 26, 2014, 12:22:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fB19z.gif

oh yeah this was on my clipboard hahaha

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1154 on: August 26, 2014, 12:24:27 AM
Good [tornado fang]ing lord...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1155 on: August 26, 2014, 12:33:51 AM
So I talked to my brother about this, since he's a Walking Dead fan, and he's glad the company did this because he understands the Walking Dead Universe.  I guess this is why I don't I don't like these sorts of games.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1156 on: August 26, 2014, 12:37:21 AM
Jeez I don't even like the Walking Dead but that's just seriously messed up, in universe and out.

Which Walking Dead? The comics or TV show?

Because each version of the franchise should be considered different, for example, the TV show is the worst form of the franchise. The video game is far better, and from what I've heard, the comic is the best.

That certainly doesn't make me want to try the game now.

I recommend you at least play Walking Dead season 1. Season 2 isn't quite as good, anyway.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1157 on: August 26, 2014, 12:38:28 AM
I just don't like Zombie Apocalypse stuff, Zombie Land is about all I can tolerate.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1158 on: August 26, 2014, 12:40:02 AM
I've heard good things about that first part but seeing that interview I'm not sure I'd want to support it now. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1159 on: August 26, 2014, 12:43:08 AM
I've heard good things about that first part but seeing that interview I'm not sure I'd want to support it now. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive?
That's basically what my brother said, I can understand it within the universe, but that doesn't mean I like it.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1160 on: August 26, 2014, 12:45:39 AM
So, he believes that disabled people are liabilities and burdens?  Regardless of the actual nature of their disability?  That cracking under pressure only happens to disabled people and "normal" people won't ever suffer a breakdown in the face of the zombie apocalypse?

Here's the thing about people; people are unpredictable.  If the world went to hell in a hand basket, I can assure you that even the most well-adjusted non-disabled person is going to crack.  They are going to shut themselves away and hope to wait out the apocalypse.  Why?  Because it's easy and it's safe.  Just hole up somewhere and hope nothing happens to you.

The most well-adjusted person on the team can very quickly become as much as a "burden" and "liability" as any disabled person due to the sole fact that by nature, humans are unpredictable creatures who cannot handle stress very well.  When the [parasitic bomb] hits the fan, you can't be certain what anyone will do.

But, that article is not concerned with the "environment."  It's concerned with how the casual fanbase and even the creative team has treated a disabled character.  Apparently, one of the members has a history of  misogynist behavior, and his ableist treatment of the character only further cements it.  While this is poor treatment of a fictional character, it can have real-life ramifications.  Real people in times of stress or disaster could be treated with the same ableist attitude because people believe that "they are a liability." 

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1161 on: August 26, 2014, 12:48:21 AM
Yeah he basically said that and I just said 'whatever man'.  This is why I don't like Zombie Apocalypse anything.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1162 on: August 26, 2014, 12:48:43 AM

Well, I can't really comment of the interview, due to spoilers, but I'll just say the series doesn't hold anything back (particularly in the violence department). Same goes for season 1.

Use your best discretion.

I just don't like Zombie Apocalypse stuff, Zombie Land is about all I can tolerate.

That's fair. I'm not a fan of zombies, but I do like the game.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1163 on: August 26, 2014, 12:51:50 AM
So, he believes that disabled people are liabilities and burdens?  Regardless of the actual nature of their disability?  That cracking under pressure only happens to disabled people and "normal" people won't ever suffer a breakdown in the face of the zombie apocalypse?

Here's the thing about people; people are unpredictable.  If the world went to hell in a hand basket, I can assure you that even the most well-adjusted non-disabled person is going to crack.  They are going to shut themselves away and hope to wait out the apocalypse.  Why?  Because it's easy and it's safe.  Just hole up somewhere and hope nothing happens to you.

The most well-adjusted person on the team can very quickly become as much as a "burden" and "liability" as any disabled person due to the sole fact that by nature, humans are unpredictable creatures who cannot handle stress very well.  When the [parasitic bomb] hits the fan, you can't be certain what anyone will do.

But, that article is not concerned with the "environment."  It's concerned with how the casual fanbase and even the creative team has treated a disabled character.  Apparently, one of the members has a history of  misogynist behavior, and his ableist treatment of the character only further cements it.  While this is poor treatment of a fictional character, it can have real-life ramifications.  Real people in times of stress or disaster could be treated with the same ableist attitude because people believe that "they are a liability." 

That's mostly what angered me reading this, the guy treats it like it's some big joke; it's a horrible way to represent your product and I certainly won't be supporting a company that talks like that.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1164 on: August 26, 2014, 12:59:09 AM
So I talked to my brother about this, since he's a Walking Dead fan, and he's glad the company did this because he understands the Walking Dead Universe.  I guess this is why I don't I don't like these sorts of games.

Yeaaaaaaaaah, I understand the Walking Dead universe as well. Especially the comic that all of this is based on. No doubt, the comic does some [tornado fang]'d up [parasitic bomb] because the purpose of the comic is to show what happens to humanity during these types of circumstances. It's more about what happens to people than it is about the zombies. Throughout the course of the comic, it shows that the zombies are NOT the biggest danger out there. It's other people.

Having said that, this absolutely does not excuse what they did in this game, nor what they said. This is downright vindictive, nor does it add anything to the story. These creators act as if they're actually living in that world. They say nothing about why she had to die, only that they couldn't wait for her to die and that they enjoyed killing her. That's what is royally [tornado fang]'d up, to the point that Quickie made. It's incredibly insulting.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1165 on: August 26, 2014, 01:06:17 AM
As someone with some manner of disability myself (my scoliosis leaves me in almost constant pain that I've learned to mostly tune out, with occasional spikes of intense pain that leave me temporarily immobilized) I'd hate to think that anyone with even a remote disability is treated as expendable, and that the game's creators actively encourage that idea is really messed up.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1166 on: August 26, 2014, 01:15:12 AM
Since everyone seems to be up in arms about it, I caved and read the article (and PB, thanks for spoiling it right out in the open. Spoiler tag [parasitic bomb].)

Yeah... I... Had no idea the creators were like that. There's no excuse for what they said about her, and it actually makes me a little physically nauseous thinking about how twisted their minds are.

But, truthfully, if I never read that interview and simply played the scene of her demise, I wouldn't think much of it because the Walking Dead is full of disturbing, [tornado fang]'d up deaths.

What's [tornado fang]'d up isn't how they treated her in the game; it's why they decided to kill her off. That should not, under any circumstances, be said publicly and made a joke out of. It's disgusting. And what's worse is that Greg Miller was laughing along with them in that interview.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1167 on: August 26, 2014, 01:26:39 AM
As a disabled person, I found the attitude to be quite appalling.  In general, I've always disliked an ableist attitude, regardless of degree.  It always bothered me when people would talk down to anyone with a mental disability.  My mom would frequently do that to people with Down Syndrome.  She's talked down to me, as have other people.  It's degrading to be treated as less of a person just because your brain is wired all screwy.

Now, I admit, I usually avoid online autism communities like the damn plague, due to the stigma of outing oneself online.  I'm happy with staying in the closet.  And usually, I avoid reading Tumblr blogs like these because of people just plain being weird, but once I got to the interview portion and saw how much of a joke the creators made of the character, then needless to say, I was offended.

I'd like to think that I'd be able to handle myself in a stressful situation.  Generally, I can handle myself and I go through the motions with a robotic monotone.  Hey, it works, it gets the job done, and I'm oftentimes the only person with a level head in emergency situations.  Shocking, the disabled person is the one with a better handle on a situation.

I'm discussing this right now with Goodwood and he's siding with the developers despite the fact that he's disabled, too.  He is of the opinion that all disabled people are cannon fodder.  He also claims that "ableism" is a "Tumblrism," which it is not as the term came about in the 80s.

Then again, he's never dealt with ableist attitudes, apparently.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1168 on: August 26, 2014, 01:52:51 AM
If it makes you feel any better I agree with your point of view completely, that whole interview just makes me sick to my stomache honestly.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1169 on: August 26, 2014, 01:56:11 AM
Anywho, let's move on...

Quote from: GrandAdmiralJello, post: 51779175, member: 296995
Best license agreement ever:

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1170 on: August 26, 2014, 01:58:00 AM
What happens if you say yes but don't?  8D

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1171 on: August 26, 2014, 02:00:22 AM
The FBI comes to your house and kicks you in the shin.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1172 on: August 26, 2014, 02:03:12 AM
Even if I live in Canada?  :'(

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1173 on: August 27, 2014, 06:27:40 AM

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1174 on: August 27, 2014, 06:29:09 AM
Oh yeah we already talked about the free pants.