The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230878

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #2050 on: March 05, 2015, 07:58:28 AM
Riyalie - "Power Gem!" she rushed forward firing, a barrage of gems to counter most of the shadow blades, while cutting up those flying directly towards her, with her sawblade.

Riyalie - "Lets see how you like a sawblade in your face!" as she got within mid-range outside of striking distance, she tossed her weapon with all her might, with the sawblade cleaving through any shadow blades it crossed.

(Lets assume Riyalie threw a Metal Blade at Shadow Master, in conjunction to the shape of her weapon.)
As Grifter rises to the top. He notices Toshi's spear glowing brightly.

Grifter - "Hey Toshi. Is that suppose to happen?" he asked concerning the brilliant light coming from her spear.

Toshi - "Huh!?" she looked closely at her weapon as she felt a sudden surge of energy fill her. "What is this power, I'm feeling?"

As Grifter lands safely at a distance where the Shadow Blades cannot reach, he sets Toshi back on her feet.

Grifter - "There you go. Wait here while I back up Riyalie." he tells Toshi, as he forms his rifle, steadying his aim at Shadow Master's head. "Just hold still so that I can..." he fires off a bolt of plasma through the clearing, heading straight for Shadow Master.

Fear me.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2051 on: March 05, 2015, 08:06:04 AM
When Shadow Master had thrown his blades, the Professor had ducked and rolled out of the way.  Sitting with his back against the low wall rimming the tower's rooftop, he tended to the wound on his leg.  It only needed a poultice and a bandage, and he could fashion that quickly with little loss of time.

His hands, however, were another story.  He had to thank the heavens for small favors, as at least they didn't hurt due to fried nerve endings.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2052 on: March 05, 2015, 08:26:08 AM
Seeing multiple attempts to get close to him, or even to attack him, Shadow Master jumped away from whatever was aimed at him, though he crashed when he landed. Grinding his teeth, he unleashed another round of Shadow Blade danmaku.

Interestingly, one Blade struck the Professor right in his leg brace, while another comically got stuck in White Beard's... Beard.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2053 on: March 05, 2015, 09:57:56 AM
The Professor looked at the Blade stuck in his brace and dislodged it with both hands.  Opening his bag, he began to dig through it for various compounds.  He had a new weapon and a new plan...

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2054 on: March 05, 2015, 10:19:01 AM
Grifter - "Damn it! I missed!" He seems miffed that Shadow Master actually anticipated, and dodged his attack. "How is this guy un-hit-able?" changing his plan, he starts providing cover fire for Riyalie, who was recently grazed by a shadow blade to the side; shooting down whatever shadow blade that might hit her directly.

As her sawblade misses, but needlessly splitting whatever remained from the mech's cockpit; the flustered Persian stepped back a little so that the constant shadow blade barrage, didn't hurt her as much as it did, when she got close.

Riyalie -"So that's how it's going to be, huh?" she fires more Power Gems at Shadow Master sending a barrage of gems to counter his barrage of shadow blades.

Meanwhile, Toshi takes a closer inspection of her now glowing spear; still baffled as to why it was glowing.

Fear me.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2055 on: March 05, 2015, 06:37:50 PM
"... Should I even ask why your beard can stop blades like this?" Fxeni asked as he peeked over White Beard's shoulder, looking at the Shadow Blade stuck in place in his beard.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2056 on: March 05, 2015, 07:01:19 PM
(The sheer amount of fuzz must have somehow caught the blade and caused it to tangle around the blade, his beard must be even thicker than Riagan's.  Fxeni should totally tell Calien about this later so he can try to think about some random ass theories for hilarity, like the one above or White Beard is some kind of Cyborg.  Or the Beard is fake. 

Just to weird the hell out of Fxeni.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2057 on: March 05, 2015, 07:05:43 PM
(Wasn't White Beard already a cyborg to begin with?)

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2058 on: March 05, 2015, 07:08:18 PM
(In this universe he's human, a really short human but human.  But yeah I think the 'Cyborg theory' would involve an accident that made him lose his chin and then he replaced his chin with an Automail Chin that also has a beard.  The blade actually stuck into the metal part of the chin rather than the beard.

Seriously let me see how many bull [parasitic bomb] theories Calien can come up with later.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2059 on: March 05, 2015, 07:17:07 PM
(Shave off his beard and create impenetrable armor!)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2060 on: March 05, 2015, 07:24:38 PM
(There's probably only enough to make a shield or a chest plate.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2061 on: March 05, 2015, 11:59:12 PM
As the party fought Shadow, Doll Master finally finished his ritual. "IT--IS--DONE!!!" He yells as there is a flash from the Omni-Gem and the whole party mostly Aya feel sick to their stomachs as the the mana in the air convoluted and twists. Large cracks form in the Omni-Gem and time seems to slow as it violently shatters creating a shock wave that knocks everyone off their feet and parts the clouds in the sky.

((Will see reactions before I continue))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2062 on: March 06, 2015, 12:03:33 AM
Sakura raises her head up and slowly tries to get up to a kneeling position still panting from the reaction.

"Wh-what the hell just happen?!" Sakura cried as she looks to the sky.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2063 on: March 06, 2015, 12:20:09 AM
"Get... off me!" Fxeni exclaims as he pushes White Beard off him. He breathes heavily, the mana around and within him churning uncontrollably. He tries to wrestle control back, but is unsuccessful. He manages to get up to one knee and looks up into the sky.

"This... this is bad," he mutters as he holds his chest.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2064 on: March 06, 2015, 12:30:12 AM
The Professor looked up at the sky and then dug through his bag for his spyglass and notes. "No, no, no, this isn't good, this isn't good..."

Looking through his notes, he compared his drawings with the sky, peered through his spyglass, looked at his notes again, and shook his head.  "No, no, no... The coming... the coming of the Elder Gods..."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2065 on: March 06, 2015, 12:31:31 AM
"Elder gods?!" Sakura shouted "How many [tornado fang]ing gods does this world have?!"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2066 on: March 06, 2015, 12:39:39 AM
((Less Elder Gods and more Elder being!  8D ))

The party notices that Aya is out cold, what ever they felt she seems to have felt one hundred fold. Luckily she is alive and breathing. Meanwhile a swirling vortex of chaos is forming at the point where the omni-gem shattered, holding the three shards of reva in place while the six shattered fragments of the Omni-Gem are sent flying into random directions across the wold.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2067 on: March 06, 2015, 12:41:26 AM
"<Oh dear gods....it's like the legends of the Triforce father told me about!>" Sakura thought as the shards disappeared out of sight.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2068 on: March 06, 2015, 12:42:13 AM
"The Old Ones!  The Elder Gods!  Those Who Walked Before Man!" The Professor dug through his notes some more. "The signs are there!  The Omni-Gem, the Omni-Gem was a b-beacon!  Much like, much like, much like when the Ancients would, would summon the Mogguloch..."

((He could just be rambling incoherently about stuff that has nothing to do with this.))

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2069 on: March 06, 2015, 12:50:47 AM
Calien carried Pema on his back, arriving with the others just in time for them to witness the Omni Gem shattering and dispersing.

(I figured they've already missed a lot of important stuff, so they're back.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2070 on: March 06, 2015, 12:55:49 AM
"<Sweet Goddesses of Creation!  Just like the damn Triforce!>" Calien gasped.

"<Father....we were too late.>" Sakura stated.

"<Yes....I can see that...>" Calien nodded.

"<I'm sorry....there was just so much going on and->" Sakura tried to explain.

"<Don't worry about what couldn't be done....>" Calien shook his head "<Worry about what can be done now.....>"

"<Right....>" Sakura nodded in hesitation.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2071 on: March 06, 2015, 01:46:49 AM
"We need to get Aya up... that Chaos won't close on its own," Fxeni says as he struggles to get standing.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2072 on: March 06, 2015, 01:49:43 AM
"Yeah..." Sakura said as she struggled to move towards Aya with Riagan and the others also doing the same

(I'll control Riagan while PB is at PAX, though he probably won't have too much dialog.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2073 on: March 06, 2015, 02:07:08 AM
The swirling vortex of chaos did not seem to be a rift, it continued to compress until it exploded outward revealing--a humanoid shape. Mask Masker bowed immediately. "M-master you have returned!" his voice was oddly emotional.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2074 on: March 06, 2015, 02:22:02 AM
"That's the Masked Man's master....the man who possessed Aya's brother?" Sakura gulped.

"<Wait...Aya has a brother?>" Calien asked.

"<Yeah, Reva said that the reason she didn't kill this 'Master' guy when she had the chance who knows how long ago was because he possessed Aya's brother and Aya didn't want him to die.>" Sakura explained with a straight face.

"<Reva....the Goddess of Darkness Reva?>" Calien repeated.

"<Yeah she was the presence that was helping the Prof stay sane and the energy that was making Aya scream a lot when her Brainwashing was breaking, but the Masked Man and Alberta trapped her in that thingy over there next to the thingy that they stole from the Dwarves and that other thingy that White Beard probably acquired from the Ocean.>" Sakura continued.

"<These guys....trapped a [tornado fang]ing Goddess?!>" Calien shouted.

"<Yup.>" Sakura nodded.

"<I knew some crazy [parasitic bomb] was happening while I was helping Pema with her leg....but I didn't think it was this crazy!>" Calien replied in shock "<Never in my experience....nay of our people's legacy has such a thing happened!  Kidnapping Sages to unseal the Pig Demon fine! Kidnapping the Oracle of Seasons to make the Seasons spiral out of control in Holodrum to cause Destruction to resurrect the same Pig Demon sure! Possessing the Oracle of Ages and going back in [tornado fang]ing Time who knows how damn long to trick a heart broken Queen into building a 50 foot [tornado fang]ing Tower while creating a Night that never ends so the god damn Pig Demon can feed on the Sorrow of the people of Labrynna why the [tornado fang] not!  But this....this is completely unprecedented!>"

"<Yeah I think we're going to see more [parasitic bomb] than that Link person you keep told me of....and his previous lives.....maybe.>" Sakura suggested.

"<Yes....you may be right......>" Calien said looking grave.

(Catching Calien up to speed in the most dire of circumstances is darkly hilarious.....

EDIT: Edited to make it more ridiculous.)