Vanquish

Bueno Excelente · 6098

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 03:12:42 AM
I couldn't imagine it being any more difficult than having to implement the AI allies that the game has currently. Hell, I definitely would have preferred having it be "just me and Friender against the world", rather than having to likely do more to babysit human allies that more than likely will just get in my way.

But hey, Mikami likes to have interesting surprises in his games (RE4 and God Hand both attest to that). Maybe the dog lives on in his OWN mode! 8D
It would be much more difficult. In current squad games, you do very little to order your teammates around. And another teammate is just another player walking about.

If you look at the dog correctly, he can be used as both cover and missile deployment. First of all, third person shooters like this are built on the tactical use of cover. Letting you place your own cover wherever you want would [tornado fang] up the game stage design severely. Second, having to control a second thingy along with your main character would be tricky, specially when doing stuff like cover fire for missiles. Do you place a marker with the second analog stick? Do you have to stand in one place while using it? Should the machine work similarly to the Mk II in MGS4?

It would be very complicated to implement something like this in a game. Maybe if they based part of the gameplay around it, it would work. But this is clearly a cool idea they had to throw around, and couldn't implement. I say save it for the sequel, and implement it PROPERLY. Make us proud.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 11:53:14 PM
I hope there's some sort of upgrading/customization system.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 04:57:57 PM
Demo is out for Xbox it seems. PS3 demo should follow in a day or two.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 06:35:19 PM
I don't see it. Major Nelson has it on the website, but it's not on either of the marketplaces.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 03:30:09 AM
PSN demo is up now. GO GO GO GO.

P* and Mikami deliver once more.  >0<

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 03:31:44 AM
I gotta wait a few more hours, PAL release ya know?

Heard it was amazing though.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: September 01, 2010, 03:41:29 AM
Downloading it off PSN.

...OH MY GOD GAME OF THE [chameleon sting]ing YEAR

YOU CAN JET POWER SLIDE EVERYWHERE AS IF YOU'RE PULLING A MAJOR [chameleon sting]ing SOLO AND YOU CAN JET UP TO AN ENEMY, COMBO IT MANY TIMES AT THE [tornado fang]ing SPEED OF SOUND AND LET HIM EXPLODE WITH DOZENS OF SHOTS TO THE FACE

HOLY [parasitic bomb] EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME AND IT IS AWESOME

It is a bit too easy, but still. I hope God Hard mode is available from the beginning.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 06:50:20 AM
Downloading it off PSN.

...OH MY GOD GAME OF THE [chameleon sting]ing YEAR

YOU CAN JET POWER SLIDE EVERYWHERE AS IF YOU'RE PULLING A MAJOR [chameleon sting]ing SOLO AND YOU CAN JET UP TO AN ENEMY, COMBO IT MANY TIMES AT THE [tornado fang]ing SPEED OF SOUND AND LET HIM EXPLODE WITH DOZENS OF SHOTS TO THE FACE

HOLY [parasitic bomb] EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME AND IT IS AWESOME

It is a bit too easy, but still. I hope God Hard mode is available from the beginning.

It's confirmed that you have to beat the game once on normal before you can unlock the harder modes.

But yeah...rolling up on a bunch of robot dudes and then giving them a DRAGON KICK?! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah, this game is awesome. God bless you, Mikami and P*.

It has to be said though. If you try to play this game like Gears of War...you most DEFINITELY are doing it wrong.  8D

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: September 01, 2010, 12:22:51 PM
It's confirmed that you have to beat the game once on normal before you can unlock the harder modes.

But yeah...rolling up on a bunch of robot dudes and then giving them a DRAGON KICK?! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah, this game is awesome. God bless you, Mikami and P*.

It has to be said though. If you try to play this game like Gears of War...you most DEFINITELY are doing it wrong.  8D
In some places, you HAVE to play it like Gears. The dodge+hide+gunplay works when you're overheated, which can happen when you get a bit overwhelmed.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: September 01, 2010, 06:58:03 PM
Still not out for UE/PS3 it seems.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: September 01, 2010, 09:42:19 PM
Just make a US account and download it.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 11:09:33 PM
Already doing so.

Posted on: September 01, 2010, 21:43:43
So I played it.

Holy Christ I don't know what I'm doing but I love it. Everything is loud and fast and explosive and fast and loud and awesome.

Personally I'd say, the way the dash mechanics are done, I can imagine MMX going this way.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 12:02:41 AM
So I played it.

Holy Christ I don't know what I'm doing but I love it. Everything is loud and fast and explosive and fast and loud and awesome.

Personally I'd say, the way the dash mechanics are done, I can imagine MMX going this way.
MMX dashes like a kid flinging himself forward. Vanquish dashes LIKE A [chameleon sting]ing BULLET TRAIN, POWER SLIDING WHILE THROWING A GUITAR SOLO.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 12:05:12 AM
I did wonder where the arcade dashing mechanic went in videogames. Glad to see it make a successful return.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 03:09:09 AM
Great Scott this game is FUN

and it's just the demo!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: September 02, 2010, 03:43:59 AM
I did wonder where the arcade dashing mechanic went in videogames. Glad to see it make a successful return.
It's not dashing, guys. It's pretty much jetpacking to any side in super high speeds. You can use it as a constant movement mechanic, and it works really, really well. Dashing is simply a small dash in a direction. This is a power slide aided by FIRE, and you can fire at enemies in bullet time while doing it.