MegaMan X: Ties That Bind: MMX/Touhou Crossover RPG

HeroManX · 8728

Offline HeroManX

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
on: October 09, 2010, 07:56:01 PM
Hello all! I'm HeroManX, and well, I'm kinda new to RPG Making. So here is my first attempt at making an RPG using Rm2k3. Also, here is my blog http://megamanxtouhourpg.blogspot.com/

And while you're at it, here are screen shots at some of the first screenshots taken.

It's a MegaMan X/Touhou crossover game. So please be gentle and tell me if it needs work or it's good.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 08:11:09 PM
Interesting...though I'm not sure how a crossover between the serious X series and the goofy touhou series would work out.
Also so far, the screen shots look...boring. Big rooms with nothing in them is the biggest problem of RPGs. The sprites also look bland

Offline HeroManX

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 08:12:53 PM
I see. Well, I'm planing on adding Battle Screenshots to show enemies and X and friends battling them.

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 08:45:21 PM
>>....<<

I'd be lying if I say I hadn't thought of something like this...

But Black Hook is right those rooms are really plain...

"Sumo Wrestlers are sexy by DEFAULT!"-[DA]-[SA]-[Pixiv]

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 08:49:30 PM
Interesting...though I'm not sure how a crossover between the serious X series and the goofy touhou series would work out.
Touhou is only goofy if you're going by fanon. Otherwise it's actually got a lot of dark and creepy undertones, particularly off-screen.

Anywho, I'm not really into RPGs but I'm rather intrigued by how this'll go. I agree on the bit with the rooms and such.

Is Reimu, Marisa or any other human characters in it though? In theory they'd be the only ones that aren't around by 21XX if Gensokyo existed in the MMX Universe.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 08:54:45 PM
Well, yeah, some games have a serious plot, But mostly it's just about a youkai doing stuff out of boredom...or a main character blowing stuff up out of boredom
>>....<<

I'd be lying if I say I hadn't thought of something like this...

But Black Hook is right those rooms are really plain...
...Too bad we failed at actually making it...

Offline HeroManX

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 08:56:17 PM
Yeah, they're gonna be in it. Heck, they're gonna be playbale characters. You're right about the rooms being too plain, i'm a beginniner at map making. But I will learn! > : D

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 09:07:31 PM
Touhou is only goofy if you're going by fanon. Otherwise it's actually got a lot of dark and creepy undertones, particularly off-screen.

Anywho, I'm not really into RPGs but I'm rather intrigued by how this'll go. I agree on the bit with the rooms and such.

Is Reimu, Marisa or any other human characters in it though? In theory they'd be the only ones that aren't around by 21XX if Gensokyo existed in the MMX Universe.
Agree with you on the first part. Touhou has some creepy stuff going on in it.

Well, Reimu, Marisa, or any human, could become a youkai. Thought it's unlikely for reimu. Marisa could become a youkai magician (like Alice).

Well, yeah, some games have a serious plot, But mostly it's just about a youkai doing stuff out of boredom...or a main character blowing stuff up out of boredom...

Not really, Yes, there have been antagonists that were just doing stuff out of boredom (I only think Tenshi has ever done that). AFAIK the protagonists have never just blown things up on a whim. I could be wrong. Stolen on a whim sure.
Too bad we failed at actually making it...
We didn't fail....We just never started!

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 09:20:11 PM
Not really, Yes, there have been antagonists that were just doing stuff out of boredom (I only think Tenshi has ever done that). AFAIK the protagonists have never just blown things up on a whim. I could be wrong. Stolen on a whim sure.We didn't fail....We just never started!
Touhou 10. Reimu's motivation is pretty much blowing up the rivaling Shrine :D

We didn't fail....We just never started!
Now that you mention it 8D

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 09:35:25 PM
Touhou 10. Reimu's motivation is pretty much blowing up the rivaling Shrine :D
From what I remember she wasn't trying to destroy their shrine, but keeps hers open. (It was actually the rival shrine that wanted to "destroy" the hakurei shrine)

Now that you mention it 8D

ouo?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 09:38:11 PM
Nah, doesn't matter

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 09:58:26 PM
@ BlackHook: Ah? ...Okay~

:p

Well if you need help with sprites, game art, and I can help a little with story.... I'd be willing to help. I know a little bit about RPG maker (That's what it looks like your using...)

You also might wanna save your screenshots as .PNG (or .GIF).

Offline HeroManX

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 10:18:15 PM
Cool, thanks. I mean, I was fixing to have X's armor from X4, X5 and X6 as well. But I'm pretty new at making sprites. Thanks again.