• DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
on: March 01, 2010, 05:05:15 AM
Reallly, this is horrible.  How can people be so horrible...?  :(

http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=12058604

For the anti-linkers

Bystanders Step Over Tulsa Homicide Victim To Pick Up Food
Posted: Feb 28, 2010 9:49 AM EST
Updated: Feb 28, 2010 10:12 PM EST

TULSA, OK -- Tulsa Police say out of numerous potential witnesses, only one person had any information to offer in a shooting overnight Sunday at the Chicken Hut restaurant, 1500 E. Apache. The shooting victim, 27-year-old Valentino Verner, later died of his wounds at a Tulsa hospital.

Restaurant patrons even shoved past emergency workers, stepping over the victim to get their food.

Police, firefighters and ambulance personnel responded to a call of shots fired at the restaurant at about 3 a.m. They say when they arrived at the Chicken Hut, they found Verner lying on the ground in front of the restaurant's pick-up window.

He had been shot multiple times, according to Tulsa Police Sergeant Mike Eckert.

They had a difficult time getting through the crowd to provide aid to the victim, and no one was trying to help the injured man, Eckert said. People were instead stepping over Verner to get to their food orders.

Eckert said customers even shoved past emergency personnel as they went to the take out window.

After questioning the crowd, they found only one person – a relative of the victim - who had any information about the shooting. That man could only say the suspect was a man in a blue jacket with a hood.

"Exactly one person chose to call 911 to advise us of the shooting," Eckert said. He added that there were more than 100 people in the parking lot when emergency personnel arrived.

"Nobody wants to talk to us. No one wants to give us any information," he said.

Police are investigating the shooting. Anyone with information on this crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 918-596-COPS.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 05:13:31 AM
Aaaand thats why Humanity sucks.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Archer

Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 06:18:53 AM
you guys whine too much about humanity

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:25:01 AM
What a [Bumpity-Boom!], blocking the food.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 06:27:51 AM
you guys whine too much about humanity

QFT. Seriously, go out and try to find something positive about the race you belong to for once.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 06:31:47 AM
Thats depressing.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 06:32:49 AM
QFT. Seriously, go out and try to find something positive about the race you belong to for once.

Well, it's honestly harder to find something positive for humanity than negative, mostly because it's the negative that ALWAYS gets the most attention.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 06:36:17 AM

How's this, Jelly?   8)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 06:40:32 AM
Well, it's honestly harder to find something positive for humanity than negative, mostly because it's the negative that ALWAYS gets the most attention.
Theres very little out there that can trump the negative. Nothing I can find anyway.

Except for maybe Kittens... Maybe Kittens...

Kittens and Bunnies.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 06:41:39 AM

You could argue that ignoring a dying man to continue achieving their goals shows great commitment, I guess.

Humans don't let anything get them down.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 06:43:53 AM
You could argue that ignoring a dying man to continue achieving their goals shows great commitment, I guess.

Human race is stubborn, if only we used it wisely.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 06:45:59 AM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY41o-iZStI[/youtube]

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 06:46:58 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY41o-iZStI[/youtube]

You awesome bastard. <3

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 06:50:17 AM
I don't need to find something positive, I'm right here :3

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 02:28:09 PM
I don't need to find something positive, I'm right here :3

*Highfives*

And this happened about two hours from where I live. =D

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 03:45:30 PM
Bits of this story don't even add up.  For starters, what's a chicken shack doing open at 3 in the morning?  And if that weren't strange enough... over 100 people in the parking lot, 99% of them there to buy food.  At 3 in the morning.

I refuse to believe their chicken is that good.

I'll buy the part of the story in which a bunch of self-serving assholes ignore a wounded man, because god forbid anybody ever be inconvenienced by something like some fool getting shot, amirite?  But the rest of it sounds really fishy.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 04:25:10 PM

It is not that I think so little of my race. I run into good people all the time, my father being one of them (but then again I'm a daddy's girl  :V ) but when I read this I had to shake my head at it. Even if the story seems a bit stretched as Kieran had pointed out, I wouldn't be surprised that there were at least a few people there who ignored a man dying on the ground with a few bullet wounds.

Although, I have to wonder as to why the hell the shack remained open with a shooting victim there? =/ Doesn't seem right to me.

Offline Copy X

• B-Class Hunter
  • RPM's Forgotten Warrior.
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 04:39:49 PM
How's this, Jelly?   8)
How is this positive? I'm a victim to this!  :'( >^<

Topic on hand: There will always be ignorant/, unfriendly, evil, etc people in this world and unfortunately the good is overshadowed. Only explanation I can think about would be that the people around were in shock and/or don't want to get involved. Sad really, considering there's a person that could very well be saved or what not.

To try something new, is to explore your true potential.

-CX

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 05:20:27 PM
I'm with Kieran. Something just doesn't add up. Either the story's a crock, or there's more to it. You can't just ignore a half dead man. They must've thought he was just a hobo or something.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 05:21:05 PM
Bits of this story don't even add up.  For starters, what's a chicken shack doing open at 3 in the morning?  And if that weren't strange enough... over 100 people in the parking lot, 99% of them there to buy food.  At 3 in the morning.

I refuse to believe their chicken is that good.

I'll buy the part of the story in which a bunch of self-serving assholes ignore a wounded man, because god forbid anybody ever be inconvenienced by something like some fool getting shot, amirite?  But the rest of it sounds really fishy.

No the best [tornado fang]ing chicken in the damn world is in Okarche at Eichen's.
That chicken is that damn good.
So far awaayyyyyy ;___;

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 05:24:52 PM
I'm with Kieran. Something just doesn't add up. Either the story's a crock, or there's more to it. You can't just ignore a half dead man. They must've thought he was just a hobo or something.
That might be true... this might be the clever work of the liberal media or something. The media will occasionally pull a story like this out of their collective ass.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 05:26:39 PM
Leave the politics out of this, please. It's in da rules. Thought I will applaud your courage for picking the side you picked.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 05:50:53 PM
It is not that I think so little of my race.

How about other races?

That might be true... this might be the clever work of the liberal media or something.

ps this sentence is awesome

Offline Copy X

• B-Class Hunter
  • RPM's Forgotten Warrior.
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 06:02:12 PM
How about other races?
Aliens (from outside earth) don't count >-> Why are you trying to start something? If  your answer is "nothing", it's not funny.

To try something new, is to explore your true potential.

-CX

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 06:05:53 PM

SAMPLE TEXT