Do you write?

Rin · 12231

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
on: March 22, 2009, 12:20:44 AM
As in, do you write stories? If so, what did you write?

Because I often do, and they are usually "comedy stories". And I write them in Polish. Tough I used to write shitty fanfiction. And I actually still do, except now I use to trolling people over at fanfiction.net.

But my stories are as follow.

Inner & Outer - A fantasy/science fiction story about... well saving the world and stuff. I rewrote it more times that I care to count, and I ultimately gave up writing it(quite recently actually).

Complete Unreality - A story about evil overlord called Lord Forte who tries to conquer the world. Starting with city called Absurdity. Generally a comedy and parody of many things. Characters and their names are based on users of a certain polish forum about Sonic(Sonic PL). And some of my originals. Also it features many characters from my earlier works(when I was like what, in elementary) like super-hero Sitoman, Sailor Girls(parody of Sailor Moon team hurr) and other [parasitic bomb] like that. It was written in "freestyle" with raping of basic writing rules and all that. I wrote few alternate reality stories, and decided to write a remake. But without this whole "evil overlord bullshit", but with the same characters with different stories and sometimes changed looks. Also, there's a girl called Mu Serenity who is a parody of CC. lol

Legend of a Conqueror - Comedy. It's once again about an evil overlord and his organization. I'm still writing it. It's a sequel to original Complete Unreality and takes place in the same universe. It takes place ten years in the future when Forte was defeated and put to prison... LIEK FOREVAH. Only two chapters so far.

Love & Rivalry - My newest one. Which I started writing yesterday. And I have one chapter so far. It's about a certain gamer who is a real fuckin' dick named Larry. He moves away with his family to city called Absurdity(yes. It takes place in CU universe) and there he starts going to very high-class school. There he meets two other gamers(guy and a girl) who are both leaders of their own Gaming clubs. They both hate each other and have strong rivalry. And they both want Larry in their clubs. And he doesn't really want to join ANY clubs. Not even gaming ones. Tough before the first school day ends, he discovers a certain secret of the two rivals and gets into more trouble than he expected.

Okay. What do you guys write? And in what language? If in english, then show me where I can read it(if you want me to) because I'n curious. Oh, and I just might translate Love & Rivalry to english and post it here. Want or do not want?

AAAAND GO!

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 12:30:20 AM
I write fanfiction occasionally, mostly just novelizations for parts of a game I really like.  Off the top of my head I've written out the MMX4 Zero flashback scene, the opening of Metroid Prime, and the Gerudo Fortress section of Ocarina of Time.

All in English of course.  I'd have to dig up links...

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 12:55:12 AM
i used to write yaoi slash fic when i was 13-16 :3

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 01:03:31 AM
...I wrote one of those once too.  Well, started to anyway.  Then I slapped myself upside the head a few times midway through and came to my senses.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 01:06:22 AM
No, but I often have ideas.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 01:19:53 AM
Normally, I don't. But there was a project in my Literature class a while ago, where I had to write a short story. (an action/drama story)

It was inspired by some anime, though I forgot. Surprisingly enough, I got a really high grade on it even though I hardly write stories.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 03:01:11 AM
I only have ideas I wish I could have someone who could help me write, but unfortunatly my friends in real life either don't know much about megaman, are lazy, kind of on the dumb side, and one is kind of a pessmistic prick. -u-'

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 05:33:38 AM
I do, but I find I have far less time for it lately with Interning and School and such.  What ideas I do/did have either get shelved or simply forgotten about, whether good or crap.

I do love to write though.  I love to create characters or alter certain character to my own fancy and such, create "What If" stories about them, or whatever.  Again though, lack of time prevents me from doing anything.  Hell, I had a book in mind that I won't have a chance to write for a long time.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 05:43:46 AM
i've written mostly fanfiction. i do have some original stuff under my belt as well. i don't finish most of it, though.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 05:51:16 AM
I write off and on.  I've written (or at least started on) several fics over the years, but never really got around to actually finishing 'em.  And I realize why, after writing 20+ fics and only actually finishing the rough drafts of three; my plotlines are rarely, if ever, cohesive and constant.  They often go off into tangents.  Irrepairable tangents.  And I kinda suck at writing action.  My strengths are in the nitty-gritty descriptions, dialogue and banter, character development, and prose.

The last fic I finished the rough draft of (still need to get off my ass and finish typing it) was an MMX fanfic that combined my Law & Order fandom.  I only managed to end it 'cause I happened to have just tied up all the loose ends and ran outta ideas.  So, I ended the fic.  Not the greatest of endings, and it was left open for a possible sequel (that I started on 'fore going off on a tangent and quitting), but the story was finished.  I just need to type it up.

Other than the occasional fic, I write up character articles for various wikis.  I'll script up comics to draw for either the fun of it or for the CJ, along with story outlines for if and when I actually feel like writing.  I also serve as a creative consultant to some friends when it comes to their writing; elaborating on ideas, adjusting prose and character traits, doing research here and there, delving into the psychology of characters, etc.  

As for what types of stories I write/have written?  SW fanfics from years and years ago, StarFox fanfics from years and years ago, Pokemon fanfics from years and years ago, and MM fanfics from years ago.  They ranged from poorly-written crap adventures that made no [tornado fang]ing sense, to boring crap, to character development stories, to co-authored adventures that never were finished, to Seinfeld-esque comedies about nothing, to stories in which no one could trust anyone 'cause everyone had some ulterior motive, to conspiracies.  Bout the only good thing to come outta those was my prose, which had been likened to Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 06:06:49 AM
I'm currently in the middle of writing a superhero epic called "The Baldur Saga" (For nearly seven years of my life). It originally had the Norse pantheon in it, but not so much any more, and I haven't had the time or will to change it. Quick's been privy to a lot of what happens behind the scenes, and I recently competed a short story that takes place within the same universe. There's a link to it in my thread in Fan Creations. Go ahead and look.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 04:33:36 PM
Over the years I have written lots of stuff and have ideas for even more, but even if I write them, I rarely if ever publish them anywhere. It's rather ironic, I always get creative rushes whenever I am NOT able to write or taking notes of it and once I can actually write, it all seems to be gone. That, or I simply am too lazy to do so. That's what my latest "projects" suffer from.

Anyways, over all those years, I've written various stuff, ranging from Rockman to Yu-Gi-Oh! and Star Wars or TYPE-MOON, or even just general slice of life that isn't related to anime, games or movies at all. All this stuff is bunkered on my computer and will probably never see daylight.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 05:08:13 PM
I do have ideas in my head or notes on paper, but I don't know how to start the story. So I only write for English classes... >_>

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 05:53:12 PM
Yeah, I write, writing being one of my favorite pastimes for dumping my moods and general humor.

I've written lots of stuff, from original tales, poetry and scripts, to game-, anime- and literature-based fan fiction. Some of it I've published, some of it I haven't.

And I need to get back into writing soon -- I've been in a bit of a slump lately.

Offline Machina

• Mad Writer
  • Robot Master
  • I create worlds.
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 04:54:15 AM
I do not just write. I am a writer. ... A writer who has trouble putting words to the page occasionally, because he stupidly surrounded himself with shiny, noisy things that steal his attention span away from being productive, but when he does write, he puts his soul into it. His twisted, blackened, evil soul, made evil, blackened, and twisted by writing horrible, horrible stories about people getting unpleasant things jammed into their eye sockets and getting squeamish people to read it for laughs... And somewhere along the line, Machina started talking about himself in the third person.

Machina has no idea why.

In the area of original fiction...

One of my big ones is a series of short stories set in a universe I've been working on since middle school. Hard science universe, as in "inertia and no friction means ship moves like it damn well should" with a few "wait, what" elements like FTL, telekinesis, human-aliens, and the occasional realistically done giant robot. It's also my universe where I'm doing most of my conlanging, and several of the languages are developed to the point where simple sentences can be formed. Some species created by my best friend show up, but as a whole the universe is my work. I'm planning on setting up a free site to dump several stories in this universe on, namely the ones I don't feel like pulling the "bombard publishers with it" song and dance with.

Another space story, nowhere near hard science, is one originally developed with a friend, but she pulled out and left it with me. No name for the universe, not much work done, but it involves a three way war between humans, angels, and demons, in space with magic-powered spacecraft, and several factions of bloodthirsty fairies attacking all sides equally, boarding ships and raiding worlds so they can butcher and eat the crew or populace, then glassing the world and fluttering back to their homeworlds. A bit of background work done on it, but it's kind of back burnered.

There's also a fantasy story. But given that my irrational hatred of Tolkienesque elves is kind of evaporating, I should avoid it...

Then the spy story. ... I suck at titles. James Bond type stuff, with three spies taking part in a conflict between two major organizations.

Fanfiction...

The big one is in my signature. Intentions is a redo of an earlier Rockman fanfiction, also called Intentions, that I wrote myself into a corner on and decided sucked, so I needed to redo it. It's still up on the old Bob and George forums, but it's mangled due to several reinstalls and restorations of that board. The Intentions of today revolves around a conflict between causality and destiny, with events going differently in the past (just after MM8) leading to a drastically different future despite universe's attempts to steer things more toward being like canon. The main sequence of Intentions takes place in the X era, where after things were "kind of mostly" like they "should" be up through the equivalent of X4, everything after that is thrown out the window aside from a few small victories that fate can claim over causality.

Another big one is some work I'm doing for a free Ultima Online shard. I'm prohibited from saying too much, except that I'm completely reconstructing the Ultima Online backstory for a new shard, because as good as the original UO backstory was, the developers who came after launch couldn't write. At all. So for the new shard, they had their resident Story God (actual title) pen a new backstory. Since I might be the only Ultima fan here, I'll just leave it there.

Transformers: Darkest Hour. Grimdark Transformers. 'Nuff said.

Those're the big ones... I also write some short stories unrelated to any other works from time to time, but like most of what I do, it either doesn't get finished, or I file it away somewhere and refuse to release it.

Current Project: Intentions Rockman X1/X2/Xtreme Equivalent Visual Novel

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 06:54:50 AM
I used to write...though 90% of the time I just have ideas in my head and I develop a fair bit of the stories (original) I have in mind.  When I do have some new idea or just well imagine choreographed fight scenes, it's usually when I jam to music...which well how I 'act' out my ideas is the equivalent to a kid playing w/ his action figures...except it's now a grown man doing that... 8D

but yeah I still have my stories in mind and one fanfiction-like story (Megaman-related, except well, it's also original too XD.  I do plan on writing a novel one day despite of my horrible writing, but there's no other way to improve really XD.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 10:13:12 PM
I tend to 'act' out my ideas rather than write them down nowadays especially when I tend to be more hyperactive in the spring and summer than in the autumn and winter seasons. I use to go to forums for the sole purpose for being on an RP or posting fics but now I just know if I can ever get around to writing again. 

Offline Mega Greasy Houdini Tek 54321

• B-Class Hunter
  • BOOYAKASHA!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 03:57:41 AM
Couple of years ago I used to do Rockman/Megaman related fanfics which were mostly based from X5 and going straight to the Zero series like it was originally intended, but I lost interest and stopped after a while and went back to my apocalyptic story that I've been working for practically eight yrs now (Yeah I know I'm loser, whatever). However, there come times when I do romance/rivalries, stories based on history, adventure, and other chaotic stories, but I'm too caught up on the apocalyptic one. I guess its because it focuses on 3 different time frames.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 04:46:28 AM
I write random scripts parodying video game genres and other things that I find funny, and I'm presently working on a book which will be titled "The Seven".

So yeah, I write.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 05:00:02 AM
I was a journalism major and minored in English with Writing Emphasis. People always told me I was a good writer, as well as a pretty good storyteller with my prose. I had poems posted in school papers, got money for writing presentations, and still edit things. And yet I don't write, other than long-winded forum posts, PMs and emails. Go figure! XD

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 12:48:39 AM
I haven't written any stories, but I am planning to write a few short horror stories.
The title for said stories is "Sykozix", and their sub-titles are either the antagonist's name (nickname of spycopath or monster) or something related to it.

The first story will be named "The Doll Maker". It's about a lonely soul, who wishes to seek friendship from stuffed objects. However this objects aren't your everyday dolls. This objects are made from the body parts of the lonely soul's victims. Why does he seek friendship from inanimate objects instead of other people you ask? Find out whenever I decide to write this story.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 12:53:30 AM
I write a wide variety of things. Most times they're just a few chicken scratches to help me get bigger ideas into range, or short stories. I used to dabble in fan fiction, but I kinda got bored with it sadly. XD

Since writing is really my only true creative skill at this point, I try my hardest to make sure that it stays polished to a certain degree, as such, I'm always pondering and scribbling down something that I'm thinking of.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 01:09:54 AM
I love writing. I've loved it since I was a kid. My first fanfic was actually me ripping off the story of Two Crude Dudes in second grade because I loved that game.

Everything I've finished is mostly crappy fanfics, though. I have nothing really full length. A bunch of short stories and tidbits. I've been trying more original stuff with a character I've been developing for like 6 years now, but its really hard to nail down. As it is now, I've got 4 original stories in my head, one of which has been there since I was 16 (I'm 20 now).

I've been told my greatest strength is my characters and I often have a fuckton of ideas for characters and the like. I really think my perfect medium would be comics/graphic novels because I love great imagery to accompany a written scene and I have a terrible time writing fluff.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 01:43:29 AM
I write all sorts of things. But rarely ever share them.

Mostly spur of the moment short stories.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 04:16:59 AM
Does writing eloquently comes with years or practice? I just don'y know if I can write that eloquent or maybe I just lack confidence.