Megamission translation

Zan · 20034

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 09:31:17 PM
Yeah, well since there is that whole X-X thing, he is often called iX. cuz well, thats technically how we the english reader should pronounce his name. we pronounce X as ekks, and he is Ekksu and if X is ikksu, we should pronounce it ikks. hence, iX (though its also to differentiate the names. It is often misassumed that the i means "irregular" X, which is not the case.) ,
Heard all that a lot in this decade. Moving on...

almost always. the armor kits did similar and said EX. Some of them also say "All X armor", no? that means All Ikksu armor. I assume they wanted to avoid confusion
On All X armor (coincidentaly the only Bandai model I own thanks to an awesome friend), exception to the two EX Armors (which also seem derived from RX) even there they always romanized イクス as "X", like the RX kits proper. In the end the cards themselves call these exceptions "X Armor", so at least as far as these two go, I guess people could ride with their favorite. "All X" though rides with sort of a romanization pun since it's both the X 'fused'.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
  • Justice will always win
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 04:56:36 AM
what about "equis" for a change XD