The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 729672

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2650 on: September 03, 2011, 10:59:54 PM
Uncharted 2 is a three year-old game now, yet it still has a ton of replay value. The multiplayer is excellent.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2651 on: September 06, 2011, 11:44:27 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
and
Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?

Having a lot of fun with both. ^.^

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2652 on: September 06, 2011, 12:27:53 PM
Still playing DX:HR.

Put Xenoblade on hold for that. It's just sooooo good.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2653 on: September 06, 2011, 06:06:05 PM
I've been playing KH BBS again, seeing as until now I've only beat Aqua's story.
I've beat Terra's now, soon moving onto Ventus.
Terranort i Terra's story beat the ever loving [parasitic bomb] out of me until I got lucky.
God, do I suck.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2654 on: September 06, 2011, 06:26:54 PM
Summon night Swordcraft story. All three games.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2655 on: September 06, 2011, 10:24:32 PM
I've been playing KH BBS again, seeing as until now I've only beat Aqua's story.
Terranort i Terra's story beat the ever loving [parasitic bomb] out of me until I got lucky.
God, do I suck.
Don't worry, I had trouble too. I just ended up having to dodge roll like mad.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2656 on: September 06, 2011, 10:55:25 PM
Don't worry, I had trouble too. I just ended up having to dodge roll like mad.

Dodge Roll along with doing that counter attack where Terra slams his keyblade on the ground. And if you're quick enough, you could fit in at least one Shot Lock command. Rinse and repeat. Worked wonders for me. In fact, many of the tough battles in the game relied heavily on countering.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2657 on: September 06, 2011, 10:58:27 PM
That they do.

Also, keep that in mind for the final episode. Then again, I found the second phase of the final battle pitifully easy, with minimal cartwheeling required.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2658 on: September 06, 2011, 11:21:15 PM
Cartwheeling became mandatory when he used his shadow to come up from the ground to grab you (or whatever it did, never once got caught by it). I actually found both phases of that battle to be boring. They could have made the entire thing a cutscene and it would've been fine.

That and I personally thought Aqua had the worst attack layout out of the three. I only got her to around level 40 by the end.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2659 on: September 06, 2011, 11:55:02 PM
I only got her to around level 40 by the end.

Hi.

Also, I watched my friend beat BBS himself at my place, and he beat the crap out of Terranort. It was crazy.
SEEKER MINES! SEEKER MINES EVERYWHERE!
Then we went for that secret boss AKA SUPERCHARGED VANITAS... and I couldn't stop laughing because he (my friend) went down with two hits the first time, and on the second he didn't have the chance to even do anything. He went with Aqua btw.

Also, I'm now on Radiant Garden in Ven's story mode. Gonna hunt down that giant mega-zord unversed and kick his ass (again). But probably later cuz now I've had enough a bit.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2660 on: September 07, 2011, 12:09:31 AM
God, do I suck.

Come to think of it, I never finished that. Sorta lost interested during Terra's story when I realized how moronic he is.
Does it get better later?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2661 on: September 07, 2011, 12:13:19 AM
It's weird, I still haven't been able to beat "Mysterious Figure" or Vanitas Sentiment, but I've lasted significantly longer on MF.

Vanitas kills me in one hit every time and MF seemingly "takes his time" killing you, with each lightning-fast attack of his taking chunks outta your health bar. Then I heal myself, dodge roll around a little bit, and he catches me while doing the same attacks. Both are impossible for me at this point, and I don't have the will or patience to try again. Must have tried at least 70 times fighting MF, barely getting him down to half-life.   

Come to think of it, I never finished that. Sorta lost interested during Terra's story when I realized how moronic he is.
Does it get better later?

Definitely. Like I said in the KH thread, the ending of Terra's story IMO, is the best part about the game. It was really well done.

Archer

Reply #2662 on: September 07, 2011, 03:39:04 AM
It's weird, I still haven't been able to beat "Mysterious Figure" or Vanitas Sentiment, but I've lasted significantly longer on MF.

Vanitas Sentiment is pathetically easy to beat because he never dodges mines, he just runs right over them.

That and I personally thought Aqua had the worst attack layout out of the three. I only got her to around level 40 by the end.

Really? I always found Terra to be worst of the three and Aqua the best; she's the only one I've beat the game on a Level 1 Critical run so far.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2663 on: September 07, 2011, 03:59:16 AM
I do like Aqua; Terra's too slow and his jumping skills are pathetic. But my favorite has to be Ventus, even if he's basically just Sora/Roxas for his playstyle. What can I say, I'm used to that by now. XD

Also, the only person I got above 40 was Ventus. I didn't for Aqua because I was able to use her effectively enough to beat her storyline (and the Final Episode) with her at like 36 or so, and Terra I just beasted through with brute force (and dodging like mad).

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2664 on: September 07, 2011, 04:01:49 AM
Really? I always found Terra to be worst of the three and Aqua the best; she's the only one I've beat the game on a Level 1 Critical run so far.

To each their own. There are a lot of people who agree with you, but I never got used to her move set. I found Ven to be the most efficient to use. Not as powerful as Terra, but quicker and more agile.

Aqua felt the weakest to me.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2665 on: September 07, 2011, 04:08:59 AM
Like I said, Ven = Sora/Roxas. ^.^

Archer

Reply #2666 on: September 07, 2011, 04:23:20 AM
Aqua felt the weakest to me.

Considering how little you tried to use her, I can't help but wonder if you got her good spells like Triple Firaga.

I mean if you did and you still don't like using her that's cool, but it does make a difference.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2667 on: September 07, 2011, 04:26:35 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2668 on: September 07, 2011, 04:26:46 AM
btw, Magic Hour is good to spam in the final battle.

Wonderful attack. ^.^

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2669 on: September 07, 2011, 04:38:31 AM
Considering how little you tried to use her, I can't help but wonder if you got her good spells like Triple Firaga.

I mean if you did and you still don't like using her that's cool, but it does make a difference.

I don't remember if I got that, but I simply wasn't that fond of using her. She's not bad, but I preferred the others more.

<3 :cookie:

Oh please, you only think she's the best because of her looks and big boobs.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #2670 on: September 07, 2011, 09:57:28 AM
I dunno, Aqua is my highest leveled (47).

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2671 on: September 09, 2011, 12:07:13 AM
Mega Man Xtreme (GB). My god, Extreme doesn't live up to it's name, doesn't it? Essentially, after two runs before this mode you'd pretty know where everything IS by the time you get to play it. Doesn't help that you take the same amount of damage in all three modes, unlike Rocket Knight Adventures.  -u-'

Posted on: September 08, 2011, 10:25:03 PM
Cleared Mega Man Xtreme with everything included. Final Time: 04:35.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2672 on: September 09, 2011, 05:51:46 AM
Focusing on Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon.

Pretty good so far, like the addition of more techbase levels. About 3 levels in (the 1st five levels are Techbase) more of the Quake Realm Monsters start showing up. Shamblers and Zombies at first, the next level in starts putting those [tornado fang]ing rotfish in.

I think I'm going to take a break. The music may be more awesome/badass and less creepy but that doesn't stop those Rotfucks from ruining my day. It wouldn't be so bad if I could blast or see those fuckers before I go underwater, but alas the water is a solid shape and I'll never be able to shoot them out before I'm knee deep in the freaks.

Why does this game hate me.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2673 on: September 10, 2011, 04:03:32 AM
Barrel-rolling in 3D.  Presentation-wise, Star Fox kicks the crap out of OoT.

Mega Man Xtreme (GB). My god, Extreme doesn't live up to it's name, doesn't it? Essentially, after two runs before this mode you'd pretty know where everything IS by the time you get to play it. Doesn't help that you take the same amount of damage in all three modes, unlike Rocket Knight Adventures.  -u-'

Posted on: September 08, 2011, 10:25:03 PM
Cleared Mega Man Xtreme with everything included. Final Time: 04:35.
You had DAMN WELL BETTER be playing Xtreme2 afterwards. :P

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2674 on: September 10, 2011, 04:43:42 AM
Xtreme 2? Bah. Own a copy, beat said copy without all the chips. I still need to do that, though. Unlock and buy all the chips. Shouldn't be too hard thank's to Mammoth's stage to gather souls.

Sake of the repliforce, eh Hypershell?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.