Hypershell · 8206

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
on: September 10, 2011, 05:23:13 AM
http://www.gamesradar.com/exclusive-only-journalist-ever-play-mega-man-legends-3/?page=1

Nintendo Power's Chris Hoffman answers some in-depth questions on the Legends 3 prototype.

New and classic control setups, debug options like gravity shifting, brief descriptions of the 10 missions, and some foreshadowing as to the final plot.  Lots of juicy stuff, more than enough to fuel the rage of those who will never see it.

Something I found interesting is that even though one of the missions involves Barrett helping Roll with her rocket, another has him fighting against a robot that she designed (thanks to the town's chief of police/Aero's dad).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 05:41:26 AM
And with that, Aero's full name is "Aero Goodwin". Heh. Quite fitting to say the least, I would've love to play the prototype, because I actually want to see the MacGuffin of the third game myself..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Archer

Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 05:51:12 AM
Lots of juicy stuff, more than enough to fuel the rage of those who will never see it.

Something I found interesting is that even though one of the missions involves Barrett helping Roll with her rocket, another has him fighting against a robot that she designed (thanks to the town's chief of police/Aero's dad).

Something I found interesting is that none of this matters at all because the game isn't happening.

It's been almost 3 months since it was cancelled now, don't you think it's time to just let it go?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 06:01:11 AM
So? This is new, there's nothing wrong in finding stuff about a canceled game interesting.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 06:28:29 AM
Also, parts of the city were clearly unfinished by design. Instead of fully rendered buildings, some parts of the city had buildings that looked like 2D billboards or movie backdrops. But they were intentionally built to look that way, complete with beams propping the backdrops up, as if to say “this is still under construction.” It seemed like a labor of love, and that the team at Capcom was putting a lot into the project.

That's adorable! I would have loved to see this!  >w<

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 06:38:51 AM
Something I found interesting is that none of this matters at all because the game isn't happening.

It's been almost 3 months since it was cancelled now, don't you think it's time to just let it go?
good point, showing this,only will make people more anger, i guess is like trying to put off the fire with gas...  

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 06:39:22 AM

Nope.

We're fans.  We move on, but only when there's something to move on to.  Time is irrelevant without new events to fill that time.  The cancellation of Legends 3 is still the most recent/significant Legends news out there.  Quite frankly I expect that to remain unchanged for the next couple of years.  Three months is NOTHING.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 07:19:54 AM
I see it explains why the backdrops looked so crude and flat. they were literal movie prop backdrops! Thats cute. One of those things that really show the devteam were having fun with making the game.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 07:30:46 AM
I see it explains why the backdrops looked so crude and flat. they were literal movie prop backdrops! Thats cute. One of those things that really show the devteam were having fun with making the game.
that show they love  for their work, that`s how a good game is done...too bad capcom just trolled us ¬¬

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 11:58:15 AM
So basically, it was more than ready by industry standards, and even so, Capcom cancelled it.

Master trolling at work. 8D

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 02:18:26 PM
Too bad though. Seemed like fun....

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 02:29:13 PM
Wow, that actually sounded like a good start to it.

But eh, just another thing that could have been. Oh well.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 03:57:33 PM
So aside from the Archie comic and the Korean game we all know won't turn out anything, is there ANYTHING Megaman to look forward to?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 04:03:04 PM
I'd say dat newish MM9 album but that's already out sooo....

No, not really. :P

[even though I keep hearing 'bout a Mega Man Dual Pack for PSP with Powered Up! and Maverick Hunter X on it...]

[also, hi bueno/flash]

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 04:21:00 PM
Soundtracks and repackagings of games we already own. Heck, I bought those two for a fiver on discount, doubt it'll be as much of a good deal.

They'll probably just tell Inti to piece together some budget Megaman 11 so fans can keep busy.

[whaddup, mirbs?]

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 04:45:58 PM
Soundtracks and repackagings of games we already own. Heck, I bought those two for a fiver on discount, doubt it'll be as much of a good deal.

They'll probably just tell Inti to piece together some budget Megaman 11 so fans can keep busy.
Don't take this the wrong way, Batty, but it's a sad day when I see one of your posts as being optimistic.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 05:13:13 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, Batty, but it's a sad day when I see one of your posts as being optimistic.
It wasn't. =P Also, how could I take anything from you wrongly, darling?

Also, not saying the franchise is dead in any way, but it will be dormant unless they find a way to monetize it quickly in any anime-ish way, the way the EXE series turned out to be.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 05:30:55 PM
[even though I keep hearing 'bout a Mega Man Dual Pack for PSP with Powered Up! and Maverick Hunter X on it...]
Its already being delayed.
We all know what will happen to it though.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 05:50:10 PM
Its already being delayed.
We all know what will happen to it though.
Same thing that happens to all Megamens these days?

Also, both titles have been discounted and re-published. They can't be THAT hard to find, puh-leaze.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 11:26:51 PM
New and classic control setups, debug options like gravity shifting, brief descriptions of the 10 missions, and some foreshadowing as to the final plot.  Lots of juicy stuff, more than enough to fuel the rage of those who will never see it.

Indeed.

To be honest, I was more eager to try out the debug options and screw around with different settings and attacks, instead of the gameplay itself. Of course, gameplay is a given necessity, but using debug controls really make you understand the mechanics of a game better. Especially since we could have apparently used special attacks that were locked out of the main game, traverse to hidden unfinished areas AND view concept art photos that appeared at different intervals within the game.

This prototype would have been absolutely incredible.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 11:45:31 PM
Even though many PC games and the modscene has let us customize freely a game for years, this is probably the first time is happens in a console game prototype, by action of the company itself to give players a taste of everything the game engine can do.

...so, yeah. Capcom most probably cancelled it because it goes against everything it stands for.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 01:46:02 AM

Get lost. Seriously. If you don't care about Legends 3, that's fine. However, Legends 3 was a gigantic injustice on all levels and there is no denying that. We should be mad, and a few months should not quell it. Many have still not given up the fight, myself included.

If we gave up so easily, I'd never believe we were waiting 10 years for this game to come out.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 03:00:50 AM
Get lost. Seriously. If you don't care about Legends 3, that's fine. However, Legends 3 was a gigantic injustice on all levels and there is no denying that. We should be mad, and a few months should not quell it. Many have still not given up the fight, myself included.

If we gave up so easily, I'd never believe we were waiting 10 years for this game to come out.
Yeah, I said the same thing about Shenmue 3. Everyone wants it, but it's not happening.

Same with this. Sorry, but not happening. The campaign tried, but failed. Seemed like a fun game, and yes, I have even less reasons to own my damn 3DS, but whatevs.