Legend of Zelda - The official Zelda thread

Align · 344366

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1925 on: February 07, 2015, 04:00:19 AM
The only thing I'm worried about is her ears, and if the top hat should have holes to accomodate them.

Speaking of her ears......does she just have bunny ears or does she have human ears too.....

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1926 on: February 07, 2015, 04:59:55 AM
This makes me sad.

Other people have enough OC art to make people believe they're an actual anime/game character.

And I'm just sitting browsing the free requests on dA like "spare change? spare change miss?"

Yeah but ears always bugged me with kemonomimi. I wouldn't be able to handle it if their ears weren't basically in the same position as regular human ears. It'd look weird if they had short hair or something.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1927 on: February 07, 2015, 05:02:45 AM
If you watch Borock-bot on Deviant Art he occasionally does Muro for free, if you post fast enough you can have him draw whatever you want.  That's how I got a picture of Zeta in a sexy santa outfit.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1928 on: February 07, 2015, 05:59:18 AM
I'd rather the makers take inspiration from live action fantasy like the Hobbit than Game of Thrones, the Hobbit kinda fits into the same whimsical fantasy style as Zelda. But hey who knows writers may do something interesting with it either way. I'll hold off judgement till it either gets confirmed/canceled or we see some footage.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1929 on: February 07, 2015, 06:29:53 AM
The only thing I'm worried about is her ears, and if the top hat should have holes to accomodate them.

Speaking of her ears......does she just have bunny ears or does she have human ears too.....

Human ears and bunny ears.

I'd rather the makers take inspiration from live action fantasy like the Hobbit than Game of Thrones, the Hobbit kinda fits into the same whimsical fantasy style as Zelda. But hey who knows writers may do something interesting with it either way. I'll hold off judgement till it either gets confirmed/canceled or we see some footage.

They probably just said GoT to peak people's interest since it's popular right now.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1930 on: February 07, 2015, 06:31:45 AM
Fxeni and Peebs better have an akward conversation about that.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1931 on: February 07, 2015, 06:41:31 AM
Why?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1932 on: February 07, 2015, 06:43:17 AM
I don't know, it's just plain odd really.  Can she hear out of both too?

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1933 on: February 07, 2015, 06:44:56 AM

They probably just said GoT to peak people's interest since it's popular right now.

Good point, I agree. I'm cautiously interested in this project either way.  8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1934 on: February 07, 2015, 07:06:12 AM
I don't know, it's just plain odd really.  Can she hear out of both too?

Yeah. Super human hearing because of that.

Good point, I agree. I'm cautiously interested in this project either way.  8D

As you should be.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1935 on: February 07, 2015, 07:08:01 AM
Yeah. Super human hearing because of that.
Very interesting.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1936 on: February 13, 2015, 07:58:22 AM
Yo I don't know about the rest of you guys, but MM3D is up on the eShop. I'm downloading it right now.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1937 on: February 13, 2015, 08:01:20 AM
My copy with the Skull Kid statue is reserved and waiting for me at Nintendo World!  8)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1938 on: February 13, 2015, 08:12:41 AM
I'm gonna wait till next week to pick it up. Figure since I didn't get the Skull Kid statue there's no rush.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1939 on: February 13, 2015, 08:39:14 AM
Playing it now. It's great.

EDIT: Actually, relevant, I write reviews of the first hour of new games off-site and I can just copy-paste the one I wrote over here too.

[spoiler]I'm skipping the story section because, c'mon, we've already played Majora's Mask a few hundred times between 2000 and now.

Gameplay and Controls:

Now bear with me in that I haven't played Ocarina of Time 3D, so I may mention some things that were in the previous remake that migrated into MM3D. That said, I love how smoothly the game handles. A couple things that I'm fairly to completely certain were in the previous remake were the quick item switching in the lower screen which is a GODSEND, and the aiming reticule that first person aiming now offers. (Shooting bubbles with Deku Link doesn't suck ass now.)

On top of that, I also like having the camera free while L-Targeting. The gyroscope controls are really handy.

That said, I'm pretty sure all the stuff I just mentioned were in OOT3D, so forget that.

Couple new things worth mentioning are the fact that Owl Saves are now PERMANENT, which is also a godsend. The clock is also a bit more simplistic and readable and shows the exact time, and seperates the three days into chunks. I also hear that you can see icons and set alarms from the Bombers notebook, but as my first hour consisted of only the first section in Clock Town where you play as Deku Link to recover the Ocarina, I couldn't play with this function. Also the Ocarina can be used to skip to particular points of the day with the Song of Double Time instead of twelve hour increments. Haven't tried that yet either. May update with details later.

Speaking of Clock Town, while I initially heard it had been merged into one map, to my disappointment it's still split into sections. A minor gripe, but it's still disappointing. It has also been rearranged a bit. The bank, for instance, is now under the clock tower in South Clock Town, which is a bit more accessible. Some of the sections are a bit wider and you have more room to breathe in general.

The sound's also improved and I think there are a few new voice bits. I don't remember Deku Link having some of the yells and grunts he has now. It's neat.

One slightly more major gripe I have about this remake is that the Start button doesn't do anything. There is NO settings menu. Repeat, there is NO settings menu. It's only accessible in the title screen and you have to restart the game altogether to change any options. In the settings menu you can change between Switch/Hold targeting (I always preferred Switch), Circle Pad Pro (which this remake supports in addition to the N3DS's C-Stick), and a few camera/movement options like inverted first person controls, motion controls, and swimming controls. Nothing FANTASTIC.

Also I don't have an N3DS yet nor do I have a Circle Pad Pro so I can't comment on the free camera function. Which sucks.

Graphics and Optimization:

This is where the remake shines. First of all, no more of that hardcoded 20FPS internal framerate. The game runs at 30FPS natively with and without 3D on. That said, me being used to good ol' 20FPS in Majora's Mask, everything feels a bit... I don't know, slower. Might just be the smoothness of the animations.

Speaking of animations. Couple new details, like Deku Link's spin makes his hat all spiky. Sweet.

Textures and models are unbelievably crisp. I can hardly believe it. They're actually really high res. Some stuff was overlooked like Clock Town's ground, but walls and certain props like tables and torches are really clean. Models in particular (IE Link, Tatl, NPCs) all have decent res textures and look really good.

Also, and I couldn't [tornado fang]ing believe this, but this game is antialiased with 3D off. I could hardly spot any jaggies unless I looked close or the object was far away.

With 3D on, the game still looks and plays pretty well, but it's obvious that this game wasn't built for 3D. I mean, at it's core, the engine is still exactly the same. I wouldn't say avoid the 3D, but it's not really eyecatching either.

Verdict: 9/10

Incredible remake. Very satisfied with it. A couple gripes (like the lack of an ingame options menu and the general unimpressiveness of the 3D) make this lose a single point, but in general, I'm ready to relive this whole game all over again.
[/spoiler]

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1940 on: February 13, 2015, 01:39:25 PM
You can change settings in game. The menu is buried in the Gear tab. And the Start button is used to open the Bomber's Notebook, which you get when you become human again.

One tiny thing I would have liked is shortcuts for touch screen buttons on the D pad, or on the ZL and ZR buttons on the New 3DS.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1941 on: February 13, 2015, 11:43:49 PM
I found that literally just after I wrote the review lol.

Also the first hour reviews usually miss those details because by that point I hadn't unlocked the Bomber's Notebook.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #1942 on: February 14, 2015, 01:43:47 AM
Yeah I guessed that. Though the first cycle did not last that long for me. I did not want to wait out the whole thing so I had the scarecrow and Grandma skip me ahead to the final night.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1943 on: February 14, 2015, 03:00:50 AM
I spent a bit more time talking to NPCs and stuff. I probably could've speedrun it to the swamp in an hour, maybe.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #1944 on: February 16, 2015, 09:01:42 AM
Read about the game anywhere and you'll hear about all the changes made and how awful they may be. Some are just small potatoes, others are pretty irksome (Zora swimming).

But the one change that infuriated me is the Twinmold fight. It's way too clunky, drawn out, and just not well designed. I have yet to beat him cause I was on the final countdown when I reached him. Even with time slowed down, 4 game hours is not enough time to beat him.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1945 on: February 16, 2015, 09:48:29 AM
Yeah I just got Mikau's mask. What the [tornado fang] did they do to the swimming what it was totally fine before

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1946 on: February 16, 2015, 03:09:27 PM
Huh? I've heard with the new camera control swimming is better than ever?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1947 on: February 16, 2015, 03:10:46 PM
Any Speed Swimming with the Zora now requires Magic.  So bring some Cheateu Romani to Great Bay.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1948 on: February 16, 2015, 04:25:02 PM
Any Speed Swimming with the Zora now requires Magic.  So bring some Cheateu Romani to Great Bay.

Holy [parasitic bomb] that's a dumb change. We already have the [tornado fang]ing magic barrier thing that costs magic why would swimming cost magic.

Like... there's good changes and bad changes. But that's just a really DUMB change.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1949 on: February 16, 2015, 04:28:08 PM
Holy [parasitic bomb] that's a dumb change. We already have the [tornado fang]ing magic barrier thing that costs magic why would swimming cost magic.

Like... there's good changes and bad changes. But that's just a really BAD change.
Though on the plus side you get the Double Magic Boost before Snowhead if you get all the Stray Fairies in Woodfall and like I said having the Cheateu Romani will negate that anyway.  Another plus is that since it requires Magic you'll always have the Barrier up so you'll incinerate everything.  Another Negative is because of the Speed the Zora is harder to control.

Edit: Here's every change in the game.

Majora's Mask 3D - The Completionist Special Edition Ep. 119

and a review of the Original version of Majora's Mask to get the joke at the start of both videos.

Majora's Mask Review The Completionist Episode 90 Featuring Sunder