• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #50 on: November 02, 2012, 06:26:07 AM
oh god

was that marine

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: November 02, 2012, 06:31:01 AM
If Bunnie gets her cybernetic parts back, I will rush out to the nearest comic shop (that's in the next county) and buy that issue posthaste.  Bunnie just isn't Bunnie without her awesome cyborg limbs.
Well...
She might just get them back, for all we know. She currently left to meet with her uncle (apparently), who works for Eggman's Dark Egg Legion, and... she might get new cybernetics from him.

Though she lost them in the first place because she got her entire cybernetics cristallized by Naugus' magicks, and then he, to put up a show before the people, removed her cristallization however, it "cured her" of the robot parts. Even Naugus was surprised at how that happened.

There was also this scene in one of the issues, after she got cured,  where Bunnie talked about her problems with the robot limbs with Antoine.
It was a nice read, added some more depth to her and stuff.

oh god

was that marine

Yes. She's annoying, but the difference between here and the games, is that the characters actually get annoyed by her too.

See: Shadow's Sonic Universe Arc.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #52 on: November 02, 2012, 06:52:41 AM
Yes. She's annoying, but the difference between here and the games, is that the characters actually get annoyed by her too.

See: Shadow's Sonic Universe Arc.
strewth!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: December 25, 2012, 06:55:35 AM
So yeah, everybody is flipping their [parasitic bomb], because in issue 244 all the Echidnas created by Ken Penders have been rushingly written out of the comic.
AND I MEAN EVERYBODY EXCEPT KNUCKLES.
Julie-Su, is dead apparently.
And the rest of dem Echidnas have been thrown into the Twilight Cage/Twilight Zone.

And do you know why?
Well, apparently the court case between Archie and Penders got settled and Penders SUPPOSEDLY has won.

If that's true... then.... [tornado fang].
I won't ever see Remington again.

At leasrt Finitevus is safe, cuz he's not created by Penders.

I just hope they can bring in the Nocturnus Clan to fill the void that's left now, I mean, it seemd like they wanted to do that considering the Mobius Timeline and the Sonic Archie Encyclopedia mentions them quite a bit, but eh.

Also, this [parasitic bomb] might strike not only Echidnas, but characters such as Geoffrey and Elias (who thanks to Ian became, you know, ACTUAL CHARACTERS).

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: December 25, 2012, 07:31:05 PM
So yeah, everybody is flipping their [parasitic bomb], because in issue 244 all the Echidnas created by Ken Penders have been rushingly written out of the comic.
AND I MEAN EVERYBODY EXCEPT KNUCKLES.
Julie-Su, is dead apparently.
And the rest of dem Echidnas have been thrown into the Twilight Cage/Twilight Zone.

And do you know why?
Well, apparently the court case between Archie and Penders got settled and Penders SUPPOSEDLY has won.

If that's true... then.... [tornado fang].
I won't ever see Remington again.

At leasrt Finitevus is safe, cuz he's not created by Penders.

I just hope they can bring in the Nocturnus Clan to fill the void that's left now, I mean, it seemd like they wanted to do that considering the Mobius Timeline and the Sonic Archie Encyclopedia mentions them quite a bit, but eh.

Also, this [parasitic bomb] might strike not only Echidnas, but characters such as Geoffrey and Elias (who thanks to Ian became, you know, ACTUAL CHARACTERS).

Weren't most of them [parasitic bomb] anyway? I mean I haven't read the comic ever (Except for a few odd issues) but I recall the echidnas being sort of... lame.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: December 25, 2012, 08:36:40 PM
Yeah, I skipped the Knuckles ongoing for the most part. Remington was pretty cool though.

Unfortunately, I got the vibe that there was an element of vindictiveness behind Penders' suit against Archie. There are first-person accounts of him being an unpleasant and arrogant [dark hold]. Thankfully the characters and concepts other writers like Mike Gallagher and Karl Bollers (like most of the freedom fighter groups) created are safe. Hell, I am impressed that Ian Flynn made Harvey Who, a throwaway character from early in the comic's history, into a viable character.

As for all the echidna stuff, Ken Penders will have to heavily alter the characters he created to make them less like Sega-derivatives and thus make them even more unrecognizable to the point where no one will bother to read it.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: December 25, 2012, 08:53:00 PM
Weren't most of them [parasitic bomb] anyway? I mean I haven't read the comic ever (Except for a few odd issues) but I recall the echidnas being sort of... lame.

They were. And this arc, during which OBVIOUSLY a major rewrite happened, was supposed to finally do something with them again, and possibly improve everything about them.

BUT NOPE! OFF TO THE TWILIGHT CAGE WITH YOU LOT!

Yeah, I skipped the Knuckles ongoing for the most part. Remington was pretty cool though.

Unfortunately, I got the vibe that there was an element of vindictiveness behind Penders' suit against Archie. There are first-person accounts of him being an unpleasant and arrogant [dark hold]. Thankfully the characters and concepts other writers like Mike Gallagher and Karl Bollers (like most of the freedom fighter groups) created are safe. Hell, I am impressed that Ian Flynn made Harvey Who, a throwaway character from early in the comic's history, into a viable character.

As for all the echidna stuff, Ken Penders will have to heavily alter the characters he created to make them less like Sega-derivatives and thus make them even more unrecognizable to the point where no one will bother to read it.

Yeah, well... Penders from the get go, simply inserted his ideas from an original comic of his into the Knuckles story. Because well, he failed to [tornado fang]ing publish that [parasitic bomb].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quGiiAeCyjo

Oh and see this video? This is Penders' idea of a serious movie based on his original idea. He believes this [parasitic bomb] will sell and/or be loved and cherished by everybody.

If only I could be bothered to look up his redesigns of various original Echidna charas from the comic, I would post them here and allow your eyes to bleed. I know he posted a redesigns of Dmitri, Lien-Da and Julie-Su or Lara-Su (or both).

In any case, I hope Penders is [tornado fang]ing happy with himself. Because I am not.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #57 on: December 25, 2012, 10:42:01 PM
It's pretty funny that archie actually entrusted their long-running series to one of the industry's biggest crybabies.. Oooh it slaps me on the knee.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: March 28, 2013, 03:27:05 AM
So last time I posted I was bashing Penders and his [parasitic bomb].
Let's turn it around and talk about the comic with which I am behind on.

In any case, someone posted below picture at Retro.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler]Apparently it's Tails Doll... yup.[/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: March 28, 2013, 03:33:23 AM

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler]Apparently it's Tails Doll... yup.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Nah, not terrifying enough to be Tails Doll[/spoiler]

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: March 28, 2013, 03:35:30 AM
[spoiler]Nah, not terrifying enough to be Tails Doll[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Actually, it must be. A bit of time ago, Cream picked up Tails Doll (in the form we all know and fear). It was actually something left by Eggman, and it was part of a project called "Deadly Cuddles".[/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: March 28, 2013, 03:44:17 AM
[spoiler]Actually, it must be. A bit of time ago, Cream picked up Tails Doll (in the form we all know and fear). It was actually something left by Eggman, and it was part of a project called "Deadly Cuddles".[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Oh, I had no idea Tails Doll was actually a serious threat in the comics. That's [tornado fang]ing awesome.[/spoiler]

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: May 18, 2013, 12:11:17 AM
So yeah, I held off on posting this because nobody here [tornado fang]ing cares about Sonic comics...

But it seems like, the entire comic will undergo a drastic change after the events of the megaman/sonic crossover. Because GENESIS WAVE.

Story related yes, but the real reason is PENDERS.
Probably many characters will be gone/changed.

Well, I just hope whatever it was Ian came up with, will be enough to get the comic out of the mess its currently in.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #63 on: May 22, 2013, 11:37:36 AM
So, it's a Penders genocide?  Is the comic facing a DC reboot?  Are they leading up to a Crisis on Infinite Mobiuses?

The crossover thus far has been somewhat disappointing.  Particularly with the creation of the Roboticized Masters.  They just walked up to their doors, punched them, and bagged them?  I can see perhaps Tails getting knocked out and bagged, but Knuckles?

Knuckles?

KNUCKLES??

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: May 22, 2013, 02:10:30 PM
It won't be really a reboot, it's just that shitload of things will suddenly change.
All because Penders more or less won the case, in a way.

Archie settled in court or something, instead of dragging this lawsuit on and Penders more or less won by default.

As such all of his characters... ALL OF THEM, not just Echidans are going bye bye.
Some of which were important to the plot, some of which were a part of a story Ian wanted to do for a long time (Knuckles related)... and now POOF.

The only thing which makes me feel better about this, is that Penders is in such a mess himself, he has to pay all the lawyers he hired and [parasitic bomb].
He's basically broke at this point... and that's putting it lightly.

Ah yeah, meet Dimitri, ULTIMATE PENDERS VERSION:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: May 22, 2013, 02:50:46 PM
Methinks Penders will not even be able to release "Lara-Su Chronicles" without receiving a cease and desist letter because his designs still take from Sega's intellectual property.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: May 22, 2013, 03:13:45 PM
Methinks Penders will not even be able to release "Lara-Su Chronicles" without receiving a cease and desist letter because his designs still take from Sega's intellectual property.
That's the thing though.
He [tornado fang]ing did all of this, ALL OF THIS, and he is not even able to do this Lara-Su Chronicles bullshit. And if he does, he's more than [tornado fang]'d at that point.

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: May 22, 2013, 03:33:35 PM
To say nothing of the rancor he incurred from the fanbase over this stunt.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #68 on: May 22, 2013, 07:18:59 PM
Penders dug himself into a hole and he's still digging. 

Though, I admit that I'll miss Geoffrey.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: July 11, 2013, 06:38:56 AM
[tornado fang] KEN PENDERS!

Now, that this is out of the way:

In Sonic 250, this happened:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

And in case anybody wonders what Eggman means by familiar:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

It's truly the little things that make me smile.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #70 on: July 15, 2013, 12:09:21 AM
So, I read the whole thing was settled out of court.  How are Penders's pets going to be written out? 

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: July 15, 2013, 12:24:58 AM
The Echidna's are already gone, and the rest will probably be changed/removed after the Genesis Wave, that Wily and Eggman are planning, hits.

Also, we might or might not get Dark Gaia in the comics... I hope they won't bring in the Werehog though.

The only one of the Echidna's who's allowed to stay, is Dr. Finitevus... and thank GOD for that.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #72 on: July 15, 2013, 12:39:59 AM
I almost want Penders to write his Lara-su chronicles, just so I can see how fast Sega slaps him with a cease-and-desist letter.

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: July 15, 2013, 12:46:11 AM
[tornado fang] KEN PENDERS!

Now, that this is out of the way:

In Sonic 250, this happened:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

And in case anybody wonders what Eggman means by familiar:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

It's truly the little things that make me smile.

Both drawn by Ben Bates no less.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #74 on: July 15, 2013, 01:26:32 AM
eggman even waves farewell the same exact way.