Mirby · 11358

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
on: August 20, 2012, 04:54:09 AM

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 05:01:45 AM
What is TWEWY? Also, 2 hours isn't a very long wait at all. Sure beats the Smash Dojo amirite?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 05:21:27 AM
If you don't know what something is, might I suggest using Google to find out instead of posting purely for the sake of posting something? You don't have to post in every single thread you see because when you do and you know nothing of what the thread is about you come off looking like a mega moron. Just sayin'.

Anyways, it's linked to time zone. If you keep changing your computer's clock a day ahead, you'll hear various versions of Calling for the game's OST. The music stops Friday, and by next Monday (when the countdown ends) there's not even a working countdown clock. This leads me to believe they don't have anything set up for the actual reveal.

Other details that have been discovered is that this is apparently PC/smartphone related and that Gree is involved. Gree is known for social networking games, so we'll see what the truth is when the 7 days is up. Or when they actually get it set up for that, whichever comes first.

Here's the song for 3 days left

[spoiler=Other versions]
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/images/NCQKL/sound_6days.mp3
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/images/NCQKL/sound_5days.mp3
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/images/NCQKL/sound_4days.mp3
[/spoiler]

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 06:17:45 AM
You could just answer the question nicely. Oh, The World Ends with You. Was it easier to type that huge elititist "Go look it up" than it would've been to type The World Ends with You?

I never played that. My JRPG-[Top Spin] friend said it was good, but he'll play anything that's a JRPG. It's not even a typical JRPG though, right?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 06:27:16 AM
You could just answer the question nicely. Oh, The World Ends with You. Was it easier to type that huge elititist "Go look it up" than it would've been to type The World Ends with You?

I never played that. My JRPG-[Top Spin] friend said it was good, but he'll play anything that's a JRPG. It's not even a typical JRPG though, right?
The only reason I answered that way was because you had a habit of doing what I recommended not doing so, and to give a little bit of advice to make your stay here (and in other forums in the future) be a little easier. Apologies if it sounded rather abrasive.

Anyways, it's not a typical JRPG, you're right on that. I highly recommend playing it. One of the best games on the DS.

Also please refrain from using the word [Top Spin], it's a little offensive.

EDIT: apparently the PC/Smartphone tweet meant that not all phones will be able to see the site, so it could be a 3DS sequel to the original game. In additon, Gree may be irrelevant in the long run for this news.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 08:32:17 AM
It's freaking fantastic. A unique RPG.

It has one the best plotlines for a DS game IMO, second only to 999 (I highly recommend playing both games).

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 09:46:58 AM
The only reason I answered that way was because you had a habit of doing what I recommended not doing so, and to give a little bit of advice to make your stay here (and in other forums in the future) be a little easier. Apologies if it sounded rather abrasive.
I usually have much worse luck with acronyms, especially with all the variations on AcronymFinder, so I assumed it impossible. I was incorrect, though.

Also please refrain from using the word [Top Spin], it's a little offensive.
I did the bisexual thing at one point in my life, so I think I know what is and isn't offensive to weiner likers.

It has one the best plotlines for a DS game IMO, second only to 999 (I highly recommend playing both games).
Is that the one on the boat with the number on the door? I respect that genre, but that game was too boring for me.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 10:34:55 AM
EDIT: apparently the PC/Smartphone tweet meant that not all phones will be able to see the site, so it could be a 3DS sequel to the original game. In additon, Gree may be irrelevant in the long run for this news.
If it is coming to the 3DS, then I can finally decide on what new portable gaming device to get (sorry "Senko no Ronde" VITA). :3 Loved the original game on the DS and I still play it from time-to-time. Wonder where else in Japan are they going to set the game's story. Shinjuku maybe? Akihabra? ... Osaka?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 10:50:14 AM
I did the bisexual thing at one point in my life, so I think I know what is and isn't offensive to weiner likers.
Weiner likers is also offensive. Just because you aren't offended doesn't mean others aren't. And just because you experimented doesn't give you any more right to use those words.

Also who says it's gonna be in Japan?

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 11:04:26 AM
Weiner likers is also offensive. Just because you aren't offended doesn't mean others aren't. And just because you experimented doesn't give you any more right to use those words.
It's actually kind of offensive that you're telling me certain things are offensive TBH. I feel offended.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 11:08:08 AM
It's actually kind of offensive that you're telling me certain things are offensive TBH. I feel offended.
Well maybe you shouldn't say offensive things then. Because what you said was quite offensive to me, despite not being a "weiner lover" as you so eloquently said.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 11:15:47 AM
... Ok, it's either about the prospects of this site, or none at all.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 11:16:53 AM
The music that plays seems to be the KINGDOM MIX of Calling as seen in KH3D layered over the original version. Sounds cool.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 11:24:44 AM
Well maybe you shouldn't say offensive things then. Because what you said was quite offensive to me, despite not being a "weiner lover" as you so eloquently said.
Listen, if you're not in the community, don't talk like you are. THAT is [tornado fang]ing offensive, telling me I can't call myself and my friend what we prefer to be called.

And how dare you use the term experiment. Like it's a [tornado fang]ing science lab.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 11:25:41 AM
Listen, if you're not in the community, don't talk like you are. THAT is [tornado fang]ing offensive, telling me I can't call myself and my friend what we prefer to be called.

And how dare you use the term experiment. Like it's a [tornado fang]ing science lab.

... Ok, it's either about the prospects of this site, or none at all.

Let's get back to the topic at hand, shall we? Supposing that this is a sequel, odds are this is going to be for 3DS, considering the original was DS. Wonder what they'll do with it? Will there be a whole new cast with no reference to the old? Will it use a 3D engine or stick to the awesome art of the first? Will they keep the same soundtrack style?

Actually considering Calling is on the website and the background reveals itself to be 104, I think it's safe to say it's Shibuya again with the same music.

and for your information i'm transgender male-to-female. don't assume.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 11:41:55 AM
and for your information i'm transgender male-to-female. don't assume.
I think by definition that puts you in an entirely different category from homosexuals, so I find it hard to see the relevance. No disrespect to transgenders of course. I respect your business. I've never even used TG before. I usually say transsexual, but chose to use the term you chose for yourself. It's your right to call yourself whatever you want, as I think it ought be mine to do in kind with myself.

It's freaking fantastic. A unique RPG.
How's it play? I saw my friend playing it, but I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 12:02:38 PM
God, Mirby, you dan goof'd.
Should have just ignored or simply told him what that game is.

As for TWEWY. It's a series I really don't care much for. I played a bit of it, the main chara pissed me off, and the gameplay was unappealing. And I played both emu and a real DS.
Not to say I hate it, far from it. It's just that it doesn't make me cream my pants like it does with others.

Also, calling is like one of my favorite pop/whatever songs from a jrpg ever. That should count for something, no?

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 12:08:39 PM
From what I've seen from videos and what my friend told me the game's battle system is controlled by touch controls on the bottom screen but on the top screen you use the d-pad to execute a command chain similar to DDR.  I never got into it because the controls looked too cluttered for me to get the hang of it.  However I agree with, Calling is pretty awesome, anyway play nice you guys.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 04:16:50 PM
TWEWY has a potential for an online game. Having hundreds of clothes and pins I see it working as a free to play.
The story is pretty much complete, so if it's a sequel, it'd be in a new city with new characters.

BUUUUT, I say it's TIN PIN SLAMMER ONLINE.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 06:42:51 PM
Is that the one on the boat with the number on the door? I respect that genre, but that game was too boring for me.

Yes. I agree, the game dull at first, but it really starts to pick up by the middle. It's a visual novel with puzzle elements slapped in. 6 different endings, and has possibly one of the biggest plot-twists in video game history. No, I'm not exaggerating.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 08:59:40 PM
Plot in video games doesn't interest me. It's always drivel. I can't even enjoy television because the writing is so infantile. Movies and books only for me.

I really like complex puzzles in first person adventures, though. One of these days I'll play 999. Of course, I still have to beat Shadowgate. <.<

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 20, 2012, 09:27:44 PM
Plot in video games doesn't interest me. It's always drivel. I can't even enjoy television because the writing is so infantile. Movies and books only for me.

Okay, I was pretty much okay with you until you said this.
And keep in mind, this is not just a difference of opinion. What you said is simply so full of [parasitic bomb], that I just can't leave it alone.

For starters, you ignoramus, what kind of shows/games did you watch/play that you say that the storytelling is drivel? Or infantile for that matter.
You can't judge a whole [tornado fang]ing storytelling type of a medium as a whole, and say everything is stupid and that it sucks. In fact, I could say the same about Movies and books.
Here goes:

Plot in movies doesn't interest me. It's always drivel. I can't even enjoy books because the writing is so infantile. Video Games and TV Shows only for me.

See? It sounds [tornado fang]ing retarded, no matter which way you say it. Though keep in mind, I'm not trying to force antything down your throat. I merely can't stand by idly when such a stupid [tornado fang]ing statement is said.

Movies, Games, Books, TV shows. They all have their ups and downs. Just because you probably have bad experience with game plots or television shows, doesn't mean they are all drivel and infantile.

There. Shoot me now.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 10:18:31 PM
What is true of the part is not true of the whole. Don't damn everything because a small part of it is bad.

TWEWY has one of the best stories of any video game I've played, and there's been a few where the story has indeed been rather atrocious. It's definitely worth a shot, and from the little I've played of 999 I can tell that one has a lot going for it as well.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012, 10:25:46 PM
What's a good video game plot? People quote Final Fantasy games, for instance, and it makes me gag.

I dunno, I'm old fashioned though. I like my video games on a single plane with a lot of tight action. I get into mapping my jump archs on the fly and leading shots. Hence Mega Man being so awesome to me.

Plot in movies doesn't interest me. It's always drivel. I can't even enjoy books because the writing is so infantile. Video Games and TV Shows only for me.
Movies to quote that have great plots: Rollerball, The French Connection. Books: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, Swiss Family Robinson

Don't think I'm defending Hunger Games or Twilight here lol

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #24 on: August 20, 2012, 10:40:50 PM
You know, the customization of the first game was quite fun and it's quite the game to hold you over until your most wanted game comes out, which is pretty much it. Beat it the first run, though never got the secret ending. Though I was never a completionist, TBH.  :\

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.