CRUNCHY ROLL FURY!!

Psycho Yuffie · 12123

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
on: December 15, 2008, 02:24:03 AM
I used to like Crunchy Roll because it let me try out anime without downloading and wasting a bunch of time if I don't like something. But... What they're doing now...is unforgivable... They've officially licensed some anime for broadcasting. One of which is an anime I'm just getting into called Skip Beat. Crunchy Roll then proceeded to force fan subbers--I'm not sure how--into dropping the anime they had licensed. While some of these groups will still be subbing these anime, only one group is allowed per anime.

Okay, first of all, this is the internet. Licensing anime for broadcast only over the internet? Not only that, but stealing fan subbers' work instead of doing it yourself? What a half-assed thing to do. Second of all, Crunchy Roll deletes series that are licensed by English dubbers. Once a series is licensed, it's off their site forever. If these groups only give their work to Crunchy Roll and never release their work to the public, then there's no way for you keep a library of the episodes. Basically, it's like a anti-piracy thing. Forcing you to buy the DVD's when the anime is licensed. Which is all well and good, but this is my only way of watching anime. I don't have any money to buy the anime when it gets licensed... Thirdly, why should I be forced to watch anime in less-than-YouTube-quality when I can just download it and have it in HD quality?

This is a step backward and it annoys the hell out of me!

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 02:37:23 AM
Well, I'm not sure if I can relate...

Normally when I can't watch the show I want off a site, I go look for it else where...

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 02:40:00 AM
It's the internet. You're always going to have some sort of Nazi group screwing around with something and causing uproars.  X(

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 03:04:25 AM
Okay, this is much worse than I thought. Apparently, you need to PAY for a membership status to even WATCH these anime.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 03:28:10 AM
Wrong Nobo, you only need to pay if you want to watch it the day it's broadcasted, you can watch it for free later, although later is almost 1 week after the broadcast. At least it will be this way with Naruto.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 03:36:38 AM
You only pay for the High quality playings. if you have a payed subscription, you have accsess to the high quality versions. I only use CR because
1. Torrents arnt exactly the best way to go,
2.  Im on a shared computer since mine broke, so i cant DL a torrent manager or something to process raws and sub files anyways,
3. the "low" quality isnt really that bad. its a bit more decent than Youtube.

although ill admit, this remiving lisenced animes is really going to affect them negatively. eventually they wont have any animes that you can watch. >_>

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 05:04:18 AM
You need to understand that this is how the economic business model works. See, most fansub groups, once a series is licensed, drop the series from their list of projects (although there are some that don't). This is because the anime industry is powered by the people who consume the product (in this case, the anime shows), and either watch them on live TV (in the language of your country) or buy the official DVD releases. If you download stuff from unofficial fansubs when there's an official, company-backed release of the exact same stuff out there, you're actually consuming a product illegally (as much as we don't want to acknowledge that, me included).

If Crunchy Roll has gotten to an agreement with fansubbing groups AND with the actual companies behind the series they sub (Sunrise, Bandai, etc.), it's, in the end, to keep the business model afloat. The limitation they put on having only one group subbing a series probably comes from the producing companies themselves, to at the very least reduce the wild illegal distribution of their product and try to make some revenue out of it (considering some series are NOT going to get licensed Stateside anyway, yet they're still consumed by the masses of the occidental world).

In the end, it's all about the money, as much for Crunchy Roll as it is for the production/distribution companies themselves. From me, all you get is this: At least you're getting your anime fix, so don't complain.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 07:54:32 AM
Just get a torrent and quit whining.

1. Torrents arnt exactly the best way to go,

Why's that?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 06:58:34 PM
Okay, this is much worse than I thought. Apparently, you need to PAY for a membership status to even WATCH these anime.

If nothing goes, then there's still... using "backup files". If you catch my drift.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 10:27:31 PM
Use another video streaming site.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 10:29:23 PM
Crunchy Roll works just fine for me.
I've found a couple of good Anime series there already.
(that I have torrent'd after watching nya~ >:3)

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 10:35:57 PM
You know, from the title of this topic, I originally thought it was something about Sushi

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 10:36:48 PM
You know, from the title of this topic, I originally thought it was something about Sushi

From a first look, it kinda does. There is some kind of snack with a name like that. x3

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 12:15:00 AM
QUICK! someone come up with a catchy slogan!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 12:20:07 AM
Looks like there's activists trying to force people to watch anime in shitty YouTube quality. (In multiple parts no less, 10x more harder to watch). Why am I not suprised?

Otherwise it's that the Sushi are pissed and need revenge.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 07:44:32 AM
sorry for raising the dead, but Crunchyroll has officially gone through with their insane plan, and I have packed my bags and taken them to my space station.
does anyone know any good sites (besides the obvious youtube and Veoh, ::) ) that host anime? I dont like torrents, and since Im on my dad's computer, I really couldnt install Utorrent or any of that anyway.
some help here?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 04:37:58 PM
µTorrent does NOT need to be installed, newbie. Download the ZIP, unpack and run. No installation required.

Learn to love torrents. They're the p2p way of the future.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 04:52:46 PM
Learn to love torrents. They're the p2p way of the future.

0v0

It would be fun to host my very own tracker tho. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 06:50:30 PM
But-but... its too much hassle... when I could just go somewhere and watch. whenever I use a torrent manager, and DL, its always dead red and useless.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 06:53:00 PM
Mainly because you haven't properly configured your router to forward the torrent ports and because apparently you don't know where to search for healthy torrents. Hit me up and I'll help you with that.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 07:03:15 PM
But-but... its too much hassle... when I could just go somewhere and watch.

Well, I guess you should just go somewhere and watch, then. Oh, right.

LEARNING EXPERIENCE TIME!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 07:21:25 PM
Mainly because you haven't properly configured your router to forward the torrent ports and because apparently you don't know where to search for healthy torrents. Hit me up and I'll help you with that.
wait a week or two till my dad finishes setting [parasitic bomb] up on my new PC. he works most of the time, so he doesnt have that much time to do stuff. he needs to set up my wireless and connect it. that and one or two more things. my keyboard needs batteries and there are no AA's >.>;;

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 04:51:01 AM
http://www.youranimenow.com/

This is also a good site to watch anime, mostly Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach, and it takes you to another site where you watch the video and there's a list there to see what they have.

In case Youtube and Veoh aren't working for me, I'll go here. Sadly though the "Princess Resurrection" anime series are on Veoh only, to my knowledge, so I don't know where to see it anywhere else.

This is an alternative option for you people if you dislike Crunchy Roll (I used to go there, but not anymore).

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 04:53:03 AM
I use google now. and most of the time, I end up at the same site. its got some good streams.
I forget the name of said site now though. >__<;

thanks though Chris.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 07:37:31 AM
I use Kumby.

When was the last time I poked you guys...