Would Repliforce had worked out?

Waifu · 7554

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
on: July 03, 2013, 08:51:06 PM
Although Repliforce essentially destroyed themselves with their leaders acting foolish, would Repliforce had worked out in the long run? Maverick Hunters are more a police force than a military and even they cannot protect humans themselves. Would a Reploid/robot military have worked out?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 10:38:06 PM
Well, MH although beyond X4 seem to have become the general go-to Reploid military, are primarily dedicated to Maverick incidents. That was why they were founded. To investigate and quell Mavericks. The Repliforce seems to be just a Reploid Army. The probably could have taken some of the heat off the Maverick Hunters in situations like the Earth Crisis in X5. In fact, they seemed to have a program going where they trained with the Maverick Hunters, going by Xtreme 1, where Iris was training as a navigator.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 03:02:58 AM
A more important question is why a reploid army existed in the first place. Who do they fight? Other reploids from other countries? Mavericks? The Maverick Hunters take care of them as best they can as far as we know. To be honest I feel like we don't really have a good grasp on their responsibilities. Is their only task to respond to Maverick emergencies?  We know that they at least have separate squads and units with their own commanders. I suppose it can be assumed they have some kind of dept. that patrols that also acts as a first response.

Anyways back to the point. I feel like they (Capcom) realized that a group of reploids comprising an army would just be really hard to try and justify so they made sure they wouldn't have to after X4. If they had more time and/or better writers I think Repliforce could have been an awesome idea. So to answer your question I say probably not. Capcom can't write well.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 05:20:20 AM
A more important question is why a reploid army existed in the first place. Who do they fight? Other reploids from other countries? Mavericks? The Maverick Hunters take care of them as best they can as far as we know. To be honest I feel like we don't really have a good grasp on their responsibilities. Is their only task to respond to Maverick emergencies?  We know that they at least have separate squads and units with their own commanders. I suppose it can be assumed they have some kind of dept. that patrols that also acts as a first response.

Anyways back to the point. I feel like they (Capcom) realized that a group of reploids comprising an army would just be really hard to try and justify so they made sure they wouldn't have to after X4. If they had more time and/or better writers I think Repliforce could have been an awesome idea. So to answer your question I say probably not.

I agree with this mostly but I like mostly like to think of the Maverick Hunter as paramilitary force that stops Maverick. They are kind of like police.

Capcom can't write well.

That much is true.

Well, MH although beyond X4 seem to have become the general go-to Reploid military, are primarily dedicated to Maverick incidents. That was why they were founded. To investigate and quell Mavericks. The Repliforce seems to be just a Reploid Army. The probably could have taken some of the heat off the Maverick Hunters in situations like the Earth Crisis in X5. In fact, they seemed to have a program going where they trained with the Maverick Hunters, going by Xtreme 1, where Iris was training as a navigator.

Spiral Pegacion/Skiver was a member of the Repli Air Force before he turned Maverick. Maybe the program still exists in some capacity.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 09:26:19 AM
Spiral Pegacion/Skiver was a member of the Repli Air Force before he turned Maverick. Maybe the program still exists in some capacity.
Repliforce Survived X4. That much is certain. In fact, they lasted pretty long, judging by the fact that their ships are still around in the Zero series.

That said, X4 still seemingly crippled them. All we have seen of them post X4 is Repliforce Air, and, again judging by Zero 1, Repliforce Sea seems to have lasted too. Their main military ground army though, must have been annihilated or disbanded... I dunno. Capcom and Inticreate have never gone back to Repliforce, despite including them in post X4 games.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 03:21:07 PM
The recommission of their ships does not at all implicate they lasted long. If anything, I'd say the Earth Crisis was the final nail in the coffin for Repliforce.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 10:14:09 PM
Repliforce doomed themselves with their pride. Repliforce would had avoid the events of X4 if Colonel had simply complies with X and Zero to clear their names.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 03:27:38 AM
Well to be fair it is never stated how Repliforce could have had any involvement with the Sky Lagoon incident in the first place. Given this it makes the request for Colonel to disarm for interrogation very odd. Especially considering the fact that the Maverixk hunters are the defacto police force and Repliforce is the army. Now I don't know about this game universe but in ours you. need some kind of evidence to even begin such due process. Now I am obviously reading too deep into a bare bones universe but under the circumstances they had every reason to stand their ground. As for all the other stuff, I got nothing.

Posted on: July 05, 2013, 08:23:31 PM
The recommission of their ships does not at all implicate they lasted long. If anything, I'd say the Earth Crisis was the final nail in the coffin for Repliforce.
I agree. Other than it being a cool cameo the likely explanation for tgis would that the ships were simply left abandoned after Repliforce fell apart. Also regarding the Earth crisis if they were around they didn't do anything. They're so efficient!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 06:49:22 AM
I'd say that the Maverick Hunters aren't so much "police" as they are "special forces".  We have no reason to believe that the military is above their authority.  And this is just guesswork on my part, but I kind of doubt that Sky Lagoon was the full and sole reason behind the Repliforce War.  More likely some suspicion was planted beforehand and Sky Lagoon was the breaking point.

Xtreme2, actually, but yeah.

I don't know if that was a formal exchange program or if Iris simply hadn't decided what she wanted to do with herself yet.  Her only "job" that I've ever seen referenced was as a Navigator for the Hunters.  Even though X talks about her hypothetically returning to Repliforce in Xtreme2's ending, I'm not aware of any documentation that it actually happened.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 08:15:41 AM
Xtreme 2, of course. stupid me. I completely forgot about Xtreme 1's plot.

Now that you mention it, given that Reploids are built for specific purposes and therefore made 100% for it, i doubt they would actually need such a program. That would defeat the purpose of using robots in the first place. Iris not being sure what to do with herself is more likely, given her unique place in the Repliforce.

As for X5 and the Repliforce, It's hard to say what survived X4's Repliforce into the future. But obviously, despite X5 implying it has been a while since X4, the events are still fresh in the minds of people like Skivver/Pegacion. though that could be due simply to dramatic reasons. (he needs to babble about SOMETHING as a Maverick) So it was obviously a blow, and it's likely Repliforce's ground army was disbanded, leaving whatever other sections on their own. and even if they wanted to do something, with The virus everywhere and mayhem ruling supreme, it's not like they could do much. The virus was even affecting regular non-sentient machinery. The Repli air force probably couldn't do much. And then there was the matter of the bombs placed all around their airport. And then, a bunch of the force probably went Maverick as well, causing internal chaos, much like with the Hunters, who by the end of the whole ordeal, were so badly battered, they had to disband all units into a single core.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 08:34:15 AM
You know amount of paranoia the humans had for Repliforce kind of makes you wonder if such an organization was viable. Maverick Hunters were a "special forces"/"police" organization formed to stop the Mavericks and their leader Sigma but even they aren't entirely free from suspicion. Repliforce would had been a good idea on paper but the execution was kind of lacking.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 02:06:50 PM
Anyways back to the point. I feel like they (Capcom) realized that a group of reploids comprising an army would just be really hard to try and justify so they made sure they wouldn't have to after X4. If they had more time and/or better writers I think Repliforce could have been an awesome idea. So to answer your question I say probably not. Capcom can't write well.

IMO, the fall of Repliforce was the only logical conclusion. Sigma would have to take action against both the Repliforce and Maverick Hunters in preparation of the Earth Crisis, and he did.

Well to be fair it is never stated how Repliforce could have had any involvement with the Sky Lagoon incident in the first place.

There is the factor of Magma Dragoon's false testimony. Likewise General has clearly been manipulated by Sigma and his virus.

General: ... Zero... I was... wrong. Sigma... he blinded me to the truth...

Also regarding the Earth crisis if they were around they didn't do anything. They're so efficient!

We saw the Reploid Air Force completely in disarray by the Sigma Virus.

The Skiver: X! I've wanted to meet you... But considering the situation, we
don't have time for small talk. Soon, the Reploid Air Force will be
destroyed.
You may be our only hope... But, you'll have to convince me
first... Through battle...

The Skiver: I didn't want to meet you in a situation like this... Not only
this airport, but I, too, will be infected by the virus, and all will turn
into Mavericks...
Therefore, my destiny lies in your hands... Before I've
totally lost my mind, please fight me... and make me accept my destiny...

Even though X talks about her hypothetically returning to Repliforce in Xtreme2's ending, I'm not aware of any documentation that it actually happened.

I'd say she did return to Repliforce, at least periodically:

Eregion
Giant dragon mechaniroid. It soars through the sky with its wings, and spits electric
shots from its mouth. Under the influence of Dragoon, it attacked the Repliforce
command and kidnapped Iris
, then brought chaos to the Sky Lagoon.

despite X5 implying it has been a while since X

"Several Months"

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 09:38:25 PM
was it? All i remember was the back cover talking about centuries after the "reploid wars" (lol) But that it WAS inplied somewhere that it was some time.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 01:33:55 AM
数ヶ月

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 04:36:28 AM
I'd say she did return to Repliforce, at least periodically:

Eregion
Giant dragon mechaniroid. It soars through the sky with its wings, and spits electric
shots from its mouth. Under the influence of Dragoon, it attacked the Repliforce
command and kidnapped Iris
, then brought chaos to the Sky Lagoon.
I meant returning professionally, which I presume is what X was talking about since the topic at hand is "work experience" gained from such a gruesome tragedy as the Erasure.

The fact that her brother is still part of Repliforce gives Iris plenty of reason to be there, whether she works there or not.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 07, 2013, 11:41:39 PM
There is also the fact that they are two halves of the same as they suppose to form the Ultimate Warrior.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 12:41:02 AM
There is also the fact that they are two halves of the same as they suppose to form the Ultimate Warrior.
I don't think that applies to the X series, just Battle Network.

Unless the fight against Iris was supposed to represent that or something.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 12:20:04 PM
I don't think that applies to the X series, just Battle Network.

Colonel & Iris
At one time, the Repiforce Troop Special Research Division undertook a secret project
to develop the ultimate repliroid. They believed that to combine high combat ability and
a warrior's pride with a heart that loves peace would create the ultimate officer.
However, these traits proved too contrary to combine, so instead the program was
divided to create 2 repliroids. The proud skillful warrior became the Colonel, and the
gentle-hearted soul was called Iris. Sharing more than five tenths of the same program,
the 2 have a unique mental bond and feel protective towards one another.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 06:04:59 PM
Huh, well thanks for clearing that up.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 06:29:11 PM

Colonel & Iris
At one time, the Repiforce Troop Special Research Division undertook a secret project
to develop the ultimate repliroid. They believed that to combine high combat ability and
a warrior's pride with a heart that loves peace would create the ultimate officer.
However, these traits proved too contrary to combine, so instead the program was
divided to create 2 repliroids. The proud skillful warrior became the Colonel, and the
gentle-hearted soul was called Iris. Sharing more than five tenths of the same program,
the 2 have a unique mental bond and feel protective towards one another.

You know, I believe I heard about that a while back, but I long since forgot.

Thanks for the refresher.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 09:28:50 PM
Still, the humans in the X series are kind of paranoid bu then again with villains like Sigma and the Mavericks roaming about it isn't entirely unjustified.