If Capcom outsources the next Legends game...

Sigma Zero X · 3656

Poll

Which company should develop the next Legends game?

Inti Creates
1 (10%)
CyberConnect2
9 (90%)
Other (specify in your post)
0 (0%)
Keep the development with Capcom
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Offline Sigma Zero X

• Cool Mirage Diver
  • Robot Master
  • "Here We Go!"
    • View Profile
    • Sigma Zero X's Mega Man X Videos
on: February 25, 2012, 07:24:39 AM
I asked this back at Legends Station, but I might as well ask it here.  If Capcom decided to outsource the next Megaman game like they did with their other games, which company should develop the next Megaman Legends game?  This includes Legends 3.

"Well.  This is just delightful!" - Marino, from Mega Man X Command Mission

Archer

Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:49:51 AM
Like that'll happen.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:15:31 AM
They refused to let Comcept pick it up; I doubt they'll hand it over to ANYONE.

If not for that, I'd say Comcept or CyberConnect2.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 10:56:39 AM
CyberConnect2 definitely, if not, then Inti, im certain they would do a good job, though Im not sure if they have done that kind of game before. But storywise they would certainly be great, since we all know how much they love that.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sigma Zero X

• Cool Mirage Diver
  • Robot Master
  • "Here We Go!"
    • View Profile
    • Sigma Zero X's Mega Man X Videos
Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 05:48:13 PM
Like that'll happen.

If you are talking about the possibility of a new Legends game, I might agree with you.  However, there might be a possibility that Capcom decides to make another Legends game all of a sudden.  I brought up the question because of the way Capcom has outsourced development duties of some games as cost cutting measures.

Some examples include the following:

Dimps contributed in developing the Street Fighter IV games.

Eighting helped developed the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 games.

Inti Creates developed Megaman 9, 10, all of the Zero games, and both of the ZX games.

CyberConnect2 helped develop Asura's Wrath.

Capcom could keep development duties for itself, but the costs might be quite high. 

"Well.  This is just delightful!" - Marino, from Mega Man X Command Mission

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 05:28:13 AM
CyberConnect2. With games like Solatorobo and Tail Concerto, they seem to have the knack for gameplay and style like Legends.

Inti Creates could use the opportunity to develop a 3D game. Sure.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 10:10:47 AM
though Im not sure if they have done that kind of game before.

Speed Power Gunbike.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 10:39:51 PM
Platinum Games

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 04:27:47 AM
Well, since the thread was bumped...

Platinum Games would be awesome.  As would Monolith.  Way back when, I voted Cyber Connect 2, 'cuz Solatorobo was so frikkin' awesome.  That and the fact that they've made it clear they actually WANT to do it.  No substitute for passion, IMHO.

However, the truly most orgasmically awesome way for it to go, IMHO, is to have Sora Ltd. on Legends.

Comcept would be acceptable.  But, in all honesty, for as wise as Inafune's criticisms of the Japanese game industry were, he himself slipped up quite a bit during that time as well (granted, that may just be a symptom of why he left Capcom in the first place, but still).  Also, I can't shake the feeling that bringing Comcept to the table essentially is conceding that L3 will not happen for another two console generations, since that's likely at least how long Capcom will hold their grudge against Inafune.

One that seems to be a popular mention but that I personally don't agree with is WayForward.  Their games, while fun, tend to be on the shallow side, and when given an existing IP to work with they tend to completely miss a lot of the more subtle design elements (IE: Contra 4, awesome presentation but really cheap with the point-blank enemy spawns).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)