(Rumor) Final Fantasy VI (6) coming to 3DS?

VixyNyan · 4458

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
on: January 25, 2012, 05:21:58 AM
The remake of FF VI on 3DS this year?

Quote from: French Translation
2012 is the year of 25 years of the Final Fantasy franchise, and Square Enix seems determined to take advantage of this anniversary to make a few announcements, as evidenced by this logo unearthed by our fellow Nintendo Everything that is not without us raise some questions. Explanations.

In 2007, for twenty years of the saga, Square Matrix Software was given to achieving a fully 3D remake DS Final Fantasy IV, with a most remarkable result given the low capacity of the small graphics Nintendo console .

Unfortunately for fans, as we were talking about this now for almost two years, Shinji Hashimoto (producer of Arles Final Fantasy Versus XIII) stated via Twitter that the DS ports of Final Fantasy V & VI had "problems of technical ", leaving the fans dream of remakes on the next generation of handheld consoles, such as 3DS, whose name had just filtered.

Now, two details of the anniversary logo appear to us as truly disturbing:
The color gradient used on the 25th is exactly the same as the symbol of Final Fantasy VI.
The design of the Mog looks suspiciously like an artwork, also from Yoshitaka Amano, designed for Final Fantasy VI (small pins with smiley included), as you can see below:

Coincidence or homage? In both cases, we would not be surprised that in the coming days, a Final Fantasy VI 3DS be announced, including a global fleet now installed more than 15 million machines ...

And you? What do you think?

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Archer

Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 05:30:25 AM
don't just skip v you [Top Spin]s

or at least remake a game that's actually good and not even more overrated than vii

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 08:33:56 AM
don't just skip v you [Top Spin]s

or at least remake a game that's actually good and not even more overrated than vii
You're right.
They should remake IX.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 11:06:01 AM
I'd settle for either really, just, on a platform I have...

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 10:51:25 PM
Skipping V again? Jesus.. although, they've come a long way. 25 years, I'd like an order of an anniversary game with a side meal of a collector's item.. Hold the Strifes please.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 12:01:21 AM
I haven't played either V or VI. But I believe the general consensus is that VI is the better game?

Archer

Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 12:21:03 AM
I haven't played either V or VI. But I believe the general consensus is that VI is the better game?

VI is pretty overrated these days, but even so it is still one of the better Final Fantasy games.

But honestly, that isn't saying anything.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 05:42:53 PM
VI did more new things with the story and had deeper characterization, better graphics, snappier combat, and maybe better music, but V's job system makes up for much of that (it's not far behind in the first place). I'd say VI has the edge, but it's a close call.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 04:39:49 AM
I personally prefer VI over the rest of the Final Fantasy games. IV was good, didn't mind V but VI I've always wanted something updated rather just ports.

Offline Mike Arcade

• Lives in Obscurity
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Mike Arcade's youtube page
Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 07:01:37 AM
It would be really sweet to have a remake of VI for the 3DS, well V too but I haven't played that one yet. Hell why not have the best of both worlds and remake BOTH V and VI and put them on the same cart? Then again that might be too much...or maybe not I don't have a 3DS and I don't exactly know how powerful the 3DS is but from what I've seen I think it could handle it, maybe.  :P

Also sence I've never played IX I wouldn't mind a remake of that either, hell the only main FF games that don't have remakes are from the PS1 era (Played VII only, talked about to death but still a good game), sadly of all the games they can remake SE is remaking X instead.  -AC

...now I don't mind the gameplay, at it's core it's still the FF we all know and enjoy but the story and characters, MY GOD. I mean other then Aeon, the raven haired women, and Jecht ALL of the character are mainly stupid and annoying, ESPECIALLY TIDUS. The saddest thing is he was suppose to have a better personality (or in this case A personality) when the game was being developed (he was going to be this yakuza-like street punk, now THAT sounds like a hero to me!!! Well an Anti Hero but hell anything is better then Tidus).

You know rather then fight for everlasting peace, I usually fight because blowing stuff up is fun.

Archer

Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 08:14:13 AM
Hey, I liked Tidus!

Then again I also like Vaan and Hope.

You just need to stop whining, you're starting to sound like Tidus.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 08:21:11 AM
Hey, I liked Tidus!

As long as he doesn't laugh like Tidus...

*shudders*

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Mike Arcade

• Lives in Obscurity
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 12:07:17 PM
Hey, I liked Tidus!

As long as he doesn't laugh like Tidus...

*shudders*

Mirby: O RLY!? Well then, you asked for it...

AHHHH-HAHAHAHA-AHHHH-HAHAHAHA-AHHHH-HAHAHAHA-AHHHH-HAHAHAHA  >BD

hehehe, just messing with you.

Matou Sakura: Look I don't mean to whine but compared to the other heroes before him he's the weakest of them, I mean look you can have a high strong character and all (though would it kill them to tone down how annoying they can be?) but really when it comes to Tidus it feels like he's being forced to you that "He's the hero, love him!1!1!1!!!1!" throughout the game. Sure he does some good things like bringing Yuna out of her shell but everything he does makes him look like an ass while doing it. I've seen a whole playthrough of it and really Tidus never grows that much throughout the game, granted he's a hero up until the end and sure I'll admit that was a rather valor move that was really impressive. I can respect that but really he just didn't apeal to me (That and the less then stelar english voice acting throughout the game didn't help either when it came to mostly everybody, but that was the first FF game with voice acting so that's kinda understandable), I did like his weapons though and you're free to like whatever character you want.  :)

Vaan I don't have a problem with, from what I know he's a kid and he looks rather brave, what of it (But would it kill him to have a damn shirt on.)? Funny thing is I have XII but I have no motivation to play it. I got it and figured I'd play it later but after I had it I wasn't interested. Hope is XIII-2's main hero right? Don't know about her but I heard the XIII-1 cast was decent at least.

You know rather then fight for everlasting peace, I usually fight because blowing stuff up is fun.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 04:15:08 PM
Mirby: O RLY!? Well then, you asked for it...

AHHHH-HAHAHAHA-AHHHH-HAHAHAHA-AHHHH-HAHAHAHA-AHHHH-HAHAHAHA  >BD

oh god i can hear it without even having to see that scene again

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Mike Arcade

• Lives in Obscurity
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 07:54:20 PM
oh god i can hear it without even having to see that scene again
Well, you asked for it!  XD