it`s trolling time XD a.k.a : my personal opinion on zero series

slayer · 10216

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 07:44:12 PM
On that note, it would help the whole experience to fix the awkward R + B secondary weapon swap gimmick by just having the shoulder button swap your weapon with a press, instead of the press-and-hold mode that makes dashing and slashing around feel weird. It's not a steep learning curve, but removing that makes for a more ergonomically comfortable experience.

You can set your sub-weapon control preferences at any time, and one of those options is exactly what you described. There's also an option to simply use your sub-weapon with R, which allows you to charge both melee AND your gun at the same time.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 08:53:13 PM
Yeah, I always used that one, the others seemed very awkward.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 09:03:34 PM
Press Start.

Use L and R to cycle the menus.

Change "Attack Mode"

Use Type B to attack by secondary with a single button press. Use Type C to swap secondary and primary with a single button press. Type A is just cumbersome by comparison.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012, 02:58:09 AM
Hot juicy mancakes! That makes a world of difference.

It feels so much better now. At least the Saber as B and Buster as R; still have to get used to dual-wielding with the chain rod. Hey, it might be cool to pretend like I'm a chain rod knight with a swirling buckler of power on the other arm. I'm thinking that'll last no longer than a level or a half, but sounds cool anyways.

I'll say this after playing some Zero 1/Zero 2 back to back: any of the sequels are better. Level design's not as boring, the music's more lively, and the presentation is polished. As for the weapon options, what I wanted to get at was that the Zero games probably would've been better suited without the buster, at the very least. And the charging along with it. They're comfortable throwbacks to the Classic-X style of gameplay, but I think Zero's better suited to melee weapons and technique development as a gameplay style. Meanwhile, X is better suited to shooting, charging stuff, and copying weapons as a gameplay style. While it is still satisfying to use the Buster as Zero, and it does add a good tactical complement to his melee combat, I'd rather the games X and Zero star in focus on designing around their distinct gameplay styles rather than mixing them together in either one. Using the saber as X in X3 is powerful but awkward compared to just sticking with the buster, and while I don't think X6 is the best example of combining buster and saber combat (for either X or Zero), it doesn't help the case that they should go together either.

Just some thoughts, though. The Buster fits well with the rest of Zero's arsenal and is a very practical weapon. Doing without it probably wouldn't have made a difference in how the games were designed, and would have only taken away rather than added.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 20, 2012, 04:26:31 AM
I use R to dash

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?