Transformers: WELL THAT'S JUST PRIME

Rin · 11589

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
on: November 28, 2010, 01:05:32 PM
So, Transformers Prime. Anybody, beside me, watched it already?
What's your opinion on it? Because I personally like it... VERY MUCH.
Though... the children, like always, are [tornado fang]ing annoying. Goddamn.

Also:

[spoiler]ROBOT BLOOD and ZOMBIE ROBOTS[/spoiler]

Offline zombiefriend

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • IAmContent
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 09:23:48 PM
I haven't watched it, yet. But I definitely need to get on it.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 05:14:04 AM
I saw this on the Hub channel (thank God this channel is free for Dish users) and it looks interesting. Although they're just previewing the first five episodes now; the series is going to start on February 2011. When when they cut the leash on this kids and just let the Autobots and Decepticons duke it out with these kids involved? :\

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 12:47:26 PM
When when they cut the leash on this kids and just let the Autobots and Decepticons duke it out with these kids involved? :\
Exactly my point.
I just wish those [tornado fang]ing human children would be less annoying, if they are meant to tag along.

So far, the only human "companions" I liked were Kicker and Misha (Super Link/Energon) and sorta kinda Sari from TFA.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 04:49:41 AM
I haven't seen any episodes, but it sounds interesting.  I may give it a watch, as Transformers Animated disappointed me.  Granted, the writing was good, but the animation style was so god awful that it was distracting.  I couldn't take it seriously.  Hopefully this one will utilize a better style.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 03:08:25 AM
This feels like Transformers, all right. I didn't expect to see the end of Cliff Jumper in the very 1st episode. I also did not like R.C. and Ratchet's attitude.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 10:11:21 PM
I haven't seen any episodes, but it sounds interesting.  I may give it a watch, as Transformers Animated disappointed me.  Granted, the writing was good, but the animation style was so god awful that it was distracting.  I couldn't take it seriously.  Hopefully this one will utilize a better style.

Well, what did you expect? It didin't bother me that much until the self-insertions by the staff in crowd scenes.

Eh, TFA never really stood out for me in my opinion, but story wise, I thought it was okay. I'm not even going near the game though.

Prime.. ehh, wasn't too bad for the pilot. Started the usual "one thousand years ago, there was a war on a far away planet called cybertron.." Then ended on the typical cliffhanger from later Transformers installments. Meh.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 10:08:38 PM
Okay. So I watched Episode 7 yesterday, and I must say... it was very good.
I like how the writers are trying to give an actual importance to the humans, without it being forced.
Let's hope it will continue like this.

Posted on: February 24, 2011, 08:33:10 PM
Do any of you still plan on watching/started watching/planning to watch this?

Because this show is still all kinds of awesome.
Much better than Animated (which I enjoyed) and much better than those japanese shows and GEEWUN.
Not so much better than Beast WArs, though. But maybe it's just my nostalgia speaking here, but if the human kids weren't there... it would probably top Beast Wars from my personal ranking.
But actually, the kids aren't half bad... I mean, Miko is too stupid to live, but the other two are fine.

Also, Y U SO AWESOME STARSCREAM? Y?!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 10:34:05 PM
Also, Y U SO AWESOME STARSCREAM? Y?!

"STARSCREAM!! YOU DARE DISOBEY ME?!?!"
- Megatron, every single Transformers show ever made

God, why doesn't he just kill the little [sonic slicer] already. >_>

Anyway, saw a bit of this on TV awhile back. I believe Optimus was fighting Megatron or something on this platform with a huge hole in the middle. The visuals were pretty awesome. But for the life of me, in every Transformers i've seen, i can never stand the humans in it, more specifically, kids.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 10:37:18 PM
Megatron recently beat the ever loving [parasitic bomb] out of Starscream when he returned from the netherworld of the force DEAD.
And...
He still keeps him around.
It also seems that Starscream seeks to gain followers of his own in order to stage a mutiny against ol' Meggy.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 11:27:33 PM
That's just how the 'cons roll, keeping the fine tradition of ursurping the current leader with overwhelming power. It has happened before.

Miko just happened to top the no.1 spot of "most useless human" list for me now. Sam Witwicky was no. 1 but goddamn It's now the top three are Miko, Sam, and Atari for being the most useless with little use other than recon. But I also like how the Decepticons are FINALLY making contact with humans other than being cannon fodder by taking the eldest of the human team and interrogating him to telling where the autobot base is.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 04:39:07 AM
Latest episode was [tornado fang]ing great.
And in the end...

[spoiler]Starscream serves no one anymore... he's neither a Decepticon nor Autobot. Well fun.[/spoiler]

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 11:34:07 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6zV2SLnmnw&feature=related[/youtube]

Bots vs cons and Unicron

Offline Masterge77

• Robot Floatzel
  • Cyberelf
  • Buizel and Floatzel, the best Water Pokemon
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART account
Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 07:23:53 PM
I really need to catch up on this show!

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 07:42:23 PM
One Shall Rise Part 1 was really good.

This Series's verison of Unicron seems smarter and more deadly than the 1986 movie unicron or the Unicron Trilogy verison.

The Autobots are going to have their hands full in this season finale.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 10:08:24 PM
I've seen the first three or so episodes of this series as it started out, and I wasn't exactly hooked by it, so I pretty much just gave up. Then again, I'm not really a big Transformers fan period, unless that Transformers show is called "Beast Wars".

One thing I'd like to ask though since this kept confusing me throughout the episodes I saw, wasn't this thing supposed to be in the same continuity as Transformers: War for Cybertron, the video game? Because it doesn't really feel like that at all.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 12:12:34 PM
I've seen the first three or so episodes of this series as it started out, and I wasn't exactly hooked by it, so I pretty much just gave up. Then again, I'm not really a big Transformers fan period, unless that Transformers show is called "Beast Wars".

One thing I'd like to ask though since this kept confusing me throughout the episodes I saw, wasn't this thing supposed to be in the same continuity as Transformers: War for Cybertron, the video game? Because it doesn't really feel like that at all.
It's in its own continuity. I don't know who said that it's in the same one as War for Cybertron... but he was probably lying.
Also, funny you mention Beast Wars, since for me... this show is THE BEST Transformers cartoon since that show.
But oh well.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 10:43:24 PM
It's in its own continuity. I don't know who said that it's in the same one as War for Cybertron... but he was probably lying.
Also, funny you mention Beast Wars, since for me... this show is THE BEST Transformers cartoon since that show.
But oh well.

Hm, well this is what the Transformers Wiki has to say about this.

While all elements of War for Cybertron fiction are based on the Aligned production bible, the creators of the various media products diverged from each other in many details. The events of the video games overlap with much of Exodus, and the results mesh poorly. However, Hasbro has consistently described as a single continuity not just the games and novel, but the Prime fiction as well.[4] This brings up issues such as the fact that Bumblebee and Soundwave are very Generation 1-inspired in War for Cybertron and can speak words, but they're portrayed in the Prime cartoon as quasi-mute. Cartoon Bumblebee in particular is very much like his live-action movie incarnation, speaking in electronic beeps and squawks. The aforementioned "Bumblebee at Tyger Pax" story attempts to explain this change, but the retcon occurs before the game events, so the contradiction remains.

When asked about the contradictions, Hasbro VP of Intellectual Property Development Aaron Archer replied, "reasons for the confusion will be revealed".[5] In at least one small case, Hasbro has taken a stab at reconciliation, declaring Optimus Prime's predecessor in the games, "Zeta Prime", and the one in the novel, "Sentinel Prime", to be the same individual, "Sentinel Zeta Prime".

So apparently, they're supposed to belong together, but there's certain elements that distinguish the two at the same time.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 01:40:42 PM
So, fun thing I just heard.
Transformers Prime started airing over here in Poland on Cartoon Network (in Polish of course) and our glorious polish people, translated UNICRON'S name as:

"Mroczny Jednorożec"...
Which for those of you who do not speak Polish, means:
[spoiler]
DARK UNICORN!
[/spoiler]

I lol'd so hard I couldn't believe.

My nephew brought me this news, since he has the channel, unlike me.

Posted on: December 10, 2011, 03:13:08 PM
So, the finale of the second season just aired... and [tornado fang], talk abour BADDO ENDO and/or rising the stakes.

Oh and...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Yep.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 09:59:25 AM
So the season three finale of Prime was shown last Friday.

[spoiler]I LOVE THAT BATMAN BEYOND'S WILL FRIEDLE IS THE VOICE OF BUMBLEBEE!!!!! This show has such an incredible voice cast![/spoiler]

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 06:34:14 AM
And that scene with Bumblebee and Megatron... yeah, it was awesome.

There will be also a movie called Predacons Rising. It's apparently direct to dvd/blu-ray.

Also...
[spoiler]The kids [tornado fang]ing Shadowzoned Soundwave... I honestly lol'd.[/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 06, 2013, 09:32:55 AM
Welp. Series is over. XD

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile