Yugioh 5 D's

Flame · 94175

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
on: November 30, 2008, 08:26:56 PM
gonna bring this thread back for discussion purpouses, and to talk about how 4kids will butcher the series.
yeah. just watched episode 34. you KNOW 4kids isnt gonna let that blood stay on Kiriyu. Oh jeez. theyre gonna [tornado fang] this show up bad... (as if thy aren't already>_>;...) worse than they did with the original Yugioh...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 08:32:51 PM
Good lord. guess I'll wait for a subbed version then, 4Kids has been treating thier shows kinda bad. Personally, all the 4Kids origionals kinda suck also. Well, maybe not Pokemanz, but you get the idea.

As for another note, I have the starter cards from the new set based off this anime, however, the way how this series' cards are going, the next batch would be rather cheap as hell. I bet this series would be off the US air right before you know it if it gets too 'extreme'. monster gore, nudes, language, plot and whatever.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 08:35:30 PM
Sooooo is there going to be any actual discussion about the show besides how 4Kids will ruin it?

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 08:36:50 PM
I knew I forgot to re-open this thread >>;

Anyway, this series is getting better and better with each passing episode. Definately my surprise hit of the year. As for episode 34, I agree, 4Kids will [tornado fang] this up so bad...I don't even want to imagine how they'll attempt to edit that, or what kind of explaination they'll give for taking Kiryu into custody.

On another note, I'm really looking forward to episode 37, as the name indicates that it'll be about the Arcadia Movement, which should normally automatically mean more of awesomely delicious Aki.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 08:39:25 PM

Anyway, this series is getting better and better with each passing episode. Definately my surprise hit of the year. As for episode 34, I agree, 4Kids will [tornado fang] this up so bad...I don't even want to imagine how they'll attempt to edit that, or what kind of explaination they'll give for taking Kiryu into custody.

On another note, I'm really looking forward to episode 37, as the name indicates that it'll be about the Arcadia Movement, which should normally automatically mean more of awesomely delicious Aki.

Yep, but sadly I can't find the sub anywhere except on YouTube quality. >> Well, I'll have to stream it then, looks like we won't be seeing any cameos from the past series anytime soon. (ala Yugi appearing in the first ep of GX)

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 08:41:43 PM

Anyway, this series is getting better and better with each passing episode.
and the 4kids version is getting worse and worse with each episode.
edited for truth.
Sooooo is there going to be any actual discussion about the show besides how 4Kids will ruin it?
sure there is. as long as we use spoiler tags for certain things.

Posted on: November 30, 2008, 02:41:18 PM
Yep, but sadly I can't find the sub anywhere except on YouTube quality. >> Well, I'll have to stream it then, looks like we won't be seeing any cameos from the past series anytime soon. (ala Yugi appearing in the first ep of GX)
you'll have to bear with it then. or try torrents.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 08:42:50 PM

Well, you may want to head for Tatsu no Kiba Productions then. They sub the series, although they do not encode it. You'll have to download the work raw and the .ass file separately.

Sure. What aspect would you like to discuss?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 08:46:18 PM
Hmm. any new cards that come out of this current season may be cheap or broken..?  8D  *turtleshot*

Eh, I'll wait, maybe I can stop by Animekraze later to pick it up. They did seemingly a good job subbing Bomberman Jetters.. eh, why not?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 08:49:26 PM
Well, you may want to head for Tatsu no Kiba Productions then. They sub the series, although they do not encode it. You'll have to download the work raw and the .ass file separately.

meaning you have to encode it yourself? or you open one, and then open up the .ass, like with hacks for roms?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 08:50:37 PM

Well I haven't watched the show yet, but I was curious about some of the cards.  Recently, after looking at some of the newer cards, I saw there's a new type called Synchro Cards.  They seem pretty cool and easy to put out.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 08:52:44 PM
Well I haven't watched the show yet, but I was curious about some of the cards.  Recently, after looking at some of the newer cards, I saw there's a new type called Synchro Cards.  They seem pretty cool and easy to put out.
you havent? YOU MUST.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 08:52:51 PM

Unless you want to go cheap-ass with them, I took complete control of the duel with my Synchro card and whooped my brother. and there have been not-so-great responses to these cards either. just wait until one comes out with an attack power of 4,000 and the defensive power of 2,000.  -_-

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 08:55:55 PM
I'd like to get them eventually, but [tornado fang], YuGiOh cards are expensive as hell.  For now, I'll just stick with my Dark Paladin, Fiend, and Burn/Heal decks.

Man, I still can't believe they un-banned Monster Reborn...

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 08:59:27 PM
Well, Synchro Monsters are somewhat interesting, but in the end, they really do seem to me like a combination of Fusion and LV monsters. But I think it's a good idea anyway.

Also, they'll introduce another type of Monsters in the next edition called Psis or Psychos if I recall correctly, but I can't remember their effects right now, but I believe it included counters.

Anyway, as in the last forum, I'd like to express I'm enormously pleased by the series' main character Yusei. After Judai was such a failure, despite attempting to make the character more mature with the whole Yubel deal, Yusei really makes the series feel like Yu-Gi-Oh! again. He's a lot more like Yami Yugi, more mature and cunning, I absolutely love that. However, I can't really say that I find his deck theme interesting.

Man, I still can't believe they un-banned Monster Reborn...

I find it even more unbelievable that they banned both, Premature Burial and Call of the Living Dead/Haunted in return, although both cards have higher costs to lesser effects than Revival of the Dead/Moster Reborn.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 08:59:29 PM
Well, Monster Reborn is a favorite, there are even some varaitons to the loveable magic card as well. and from where I'm at, each starter costs 10 bucks while the packs cost like.. 3.59? that's a decent price for cheap o' cards.  8D

Psis or Psychos... I smell a Dark Magician variant.  -_-

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 09:02:37 PM
because theres so many cards that are WORSE than monster reborn that its not broken anymore. that plus the number of Magic/trap destroying cards there are. mystical space typhoon is the one that should be banned. >_>;

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 09:04:30 PM
I find it even more unbelievable that they banned both, Premature Burial and Call of the Living Dead/Haunted in return, although both cards have higher costs to lesser effects than Revival of the Dead/Moster Reborn.

That's just it too.  I mean, at least those cards had a cost, and weren't as broken as Monster Reborn.  Monster Reborn has NO drawback, and goes in EVERY deck.  EVERY DECK.  I thought the whole point of the banishment lists were to get rid of the "Every Deck" cards.

Although, I can't believe they banned the Dark/Black Magician of Chaos.  I mean, powerful effect, but he never lasted that long.  Although, I guess with Monster Reborn being back, they really had too.

because theres so many cards that are WORSE than monster reborn that its not broken anymore. that plus the number of Magic/trap destroying cards there are. mystical space typhoon is the one that should be banned. >_>;

Why?  There are better cards out there than the Typhoon.  Nobleman of Extermination does the same thing, but better, IMO.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 09:06:24 PM

Hmm.. well, they are trying to balance it enough so they can make room for the next batch of broken cards. and yea, MST is one of the more vicous Magic/Trap destroying cards. especially Change of Destiny. now that's cheap to your magics and traps.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 05:57:27 AM
Ah Yu-Gi-Oh 5D, loving this one. At first, the motorcycle duel didn't interest me that much, but after first few episodes, the concept became more promising. I seriously thought the cycling duel would be the only type of duel in this one. Fortunately, there's also a fair amount of share of normal duels. Synchro summon is awesome, although Junk warrior is a little bit repetitive, but it's still alright.

The story though, beat all the older Yu-Gi-Oh combined. I love it that the story is a bit dark than your usual yugioh. The cast is also brilliant imo. Yusei is simply badass.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 05:21:03 PM
the electronica type music they haveis pretty badass too. like, that tune that played during the duel with Aki and Yusei, when she was "thorn whipping" him? that got me pumped.

also, yeah. this blows Yugo and GX out of the water... its got a little bit of elements from both, but balanced with its own style.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 07:32:16 PM
the electronica type music they haveis pretty badass too.

The score is amazing. I can hardly believe it's the same person who composed the OST of GX, because it does not really sound alike.

Anyway, for reasons of boredom, I decided to take a look at the dub of episodes 4 and 5 to see how it goes. And man, I want to throw up. WHY in God's name must 4Kids always make idiots out of rival chacters? Just like dub Kaiba, dub Jack is ugly and insulting 24/7, it goes totally against their characters. Both Kaiba and Jack had respect for Yugi and Yusei respectively, yet the dubs make it look like they hate them with a passion and take fun in ridiculing them and their friends. What's the matter here? Can't an antagonist (though they don't really are) have a little more character depth?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 10:55:06 PM
The score is amazing. I can hardly believe it's the same person who composed the OST of GX, because it does not really sound alike.

Anyway, for reasons of boredom, I decided to take a look at the dub of episodes 4 and 5 to see how it goes. And man, I want to throw up. WHY in God's name must 4Kids always make idiots out of rival chacters? Just like dub Kaiba, dub Jack is ugly and insulting 24/7, it goes totally against their characters. Both Kaiba and Jack had respect for Yugi and Yusei respectively, yet the dubs make it look like they hate them with a passion and take fun in ridiculing them and their friends. What's the matter here? Can't an antagonist (though they don't really are) have a little more character depth?

Here we go again...  ::)     Maybe it'll be a better idea to wait for the sub, because usually, the US rival is known for hatin' the protagonist. at least temporarly the first few seasons he's the bad guy, then he becomes a "mere rival". sad.. ain't it?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 11:52:47 PM

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=145
the sad thing is, Its accurate.
it'd be funnier if it wsnt true...

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 04:54:03 PM
Episode 35, FFFFFFFFFFF, this will never ever air like this in the US. Yusei gets impaled by a piece of metal, is shown bleeding and is operated in some Satellite barack. Not to mention Yusei's Satellite friends running around in nothing but pants.

Also WTF, next episode is Lua VS Divine.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 06, 2008, 06:40:28 AM
Episode 35, FFFFFFFFFFF, this will never ever air like this in the US. Yusei gets impaled by a piece of metal, is shown bleeding and is operated in some Satellite barack. Not to mention Yusei's Satellite friends running around in nothing but pants.

Also WTF, next episode is Lua VS Divine.
yeah. that whole part will be cut. itt'l just be throwing the cards and getting to the house. if they even do that.
heck, if they felt the need to edit out that prison wards nose hair, I wouldent be surprised if they edited out jacks broken arm.
best option? stay as far away from 4kids 5D's as possible.
also, theres going to be a 5D's game for the wii. apparently its a racing game.

and on a final side note, found this on youtube. made me lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn8rLoxVHHs
let the abridged 5D's begin! 8D

also,
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Sound Duel Vol.1
I want to DL it sooo bad...
BUT I CANT FIND IT!
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    Konami announced their yearly Yu-Gi-Oh PSP game in Japan, but it won’t see a release in North America. Don’t worry Yu-Gi-Oh fans, a game based on Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds is in development for the Wii. Usually, this isn’t the kind of thing I would report, but my interest piqued when a Konami representative told me it wouldn’t be like any other Yu-Gi-Oh game to date. I said, “No cards or dice?” He replied, “Think racing.”