Man, I can't catch a break with love

Pringer X · 4273

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
on: February 22, 2009, 06:24:48 PM
I don't know where else to put this and I've pretty much never been more pissed in my life. I found out that my girlfriend may be cheating on me. I say may due to the fact that I'm 90% sure, but one word from her 'boyfriend' could clear things right up. What do I have to go with this? Her favorite music genre apparently changed to the one she hates, her age has changed from 18 to 17, her school has changed (from college to home schooled), conversations she's been having with one particular friend of hers, and the fact that her 'boyfriend's' friend told me that the two were in fact dating.

So how do you folks deal with betrayal? What happened to cause this reaction? Any advice for someone who can't trust his girlfriend as far as he can throw her?

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 07:16:04 PM
*Cough*

Depending on how deep the betrayal, I try to find out why and then I guess "turn the other cheek". Someone betrays me, I consider him or her dead, only if the backstabbing was big. On something small, I usually forgive and forget. As for why she is turning younger mentally, that is beyond me. However, if you are getting told by friends that she is going out with another guy, expect the worst and prepare for it. Emotionally, you will think you have a hope left, but logically, you should prepare for the worst. If none of it is true, then you's a gotcha true girlfriend.

My finally advice: look into it or give it time.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 07:20:06 PM
I am looking into it. If it turns out her 'boyfriend' isn't going out with her, then she's just a bad lair. If he is, then she's a cheater. As for the age, I meant what she claimed to be physically. This is more of a long distance relationship, but she's been changing around her info and details so much I question what the truth is.

I highly doubt I'll be able to trust her after this, regardless of the outcome.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 07:37:35 PM
Long distance relationship? Thats your first mistake.  XD

You can never tell if its the truth on the internet.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 10:50:27 PM
Long distance realtionships can work. One of my exes was a long distance realtionship where the biggest factor that broke us up had nothing to do with the long distance. We actually saw each every so often. Not to mention that her father is married to someone happily he met over the internet.

They're not mistakes. Just.. Hard.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 01:12:32 AM
I meant the ones that its hard to meet. So it was my bad to assume though with Ballade.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 01:18:45 AM
Well.. It depends on what you consider hard. My ex and I were 600 or so miles apart :P a 12 hour drive

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 02:03:24 AM
Sounds like it's time for a bag of Reeses Pieces and a couple of drinks.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 02:04:33 AM
My brother is actually worse in these kinds of things.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Crimson Lightning

• Hows the weather look today?
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Not too bad
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 05:05:48 AM
i try not to date because majority of the time if a girl sees me and asks me out it usually her gettin back at her ex and she makes me walk w/her and hold her while her ex is watching and things get physical w/the ex :'(

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 08:02:58 AM
I was planning on going out to visit her around her birthday in a couple of months, but she's just been tripping over her feet in her lies -3- She told me and the guy she was cheating on me with that she had a twin sister who also shared her account, which right there would pretty much explain any inconsistencies that occurred because her sister was dating one of us. Now, both me and the other guy believed her SOMEWHAT, because apparently her sister is a twin with a similar name. Let's freeze right there. Imagine you in that position as the girl. You have two guys who believe that you're not using either of them because they believe the other one is dating the sister, be she real or fake. You'd think all you'd have to do to keep up this charade is just act like the twin sister who sounds similar to you while talking to one, while being yourself towards the other guy. Unfreeze. She some how screws THIS up and says to both of us that we're dating the sister -__-; She said this while keeping in mind that me and the other guy were both talking to each other about this issue. Seriously?

Right now I'm just waiting for the other guy's response as to what he thinks or what's happened. it's just...gah, I hate how my love life is.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 08:25:23 PM
If all of this is true, you actually have nothing to cry about. Being together with a liar and cheater is kinda pointless.
I'm alone and happy that I don't have to waste my precious time for drama 8D

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 09:20:27 PM
If all of this is true, you actually have nothing to cry about. Being together with a liar and cheater is kinda pointless.
I'm alone and happy that I don't have to waste my precious time for drama 8D

I've stopped crying about it awhile ago. I've pretty much just been at bitching and complaining about it now. Oddly enough, what pissed me off the most wasn't the act of her cheating, it was whether or not she was cheating in the first place (ya know, that point in which you have evidence that proves it, but more of speculation 'n such). Is that common for other people as well, or is it the opposite where you're more pissed at the act rather than the thought?

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 09:31:43 PM
I think that the thought is more irritating, as you don't have any decisive evidence for either 'yes' or 'no', and imagination is going wild (the more you care, the worse for you). And then, if it really comes to the act, you're more or less prepared for what may come.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 09:37:43 PM
Okay, this has gone far enough. Here's the thing you need before you can know for sure if she's cheating: evidence. If you only know her online, this can get difficult to obtain. Logs can be easily edited and all you have to go on is what people say. As such, if you ask her and she says she isn't cheating, but her friend says that she is... It comes down to who you believe. If you already don't believe her, I think it's already over between you two. If you don't trust her, you can't have a relationship because you'll be constantly driving yourself crazy like this.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 09:40:07 PM
tl;dr break up with her.

Thread over.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 09:48:28 PM
I highly doubt I'll be able to trust her after this, regardless of the outcome.

This statement right here has literally just ended your relationship for you, whether she did it or not.  Trust is probably the most important thing in a relationship.  If you don't trust the other person, it's over.  Done.  You have no future together at all.  All you can do is use this as an example of what not to look for in the future.  If it's not already over, end it now and move on.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 10:10:43 PM
Yeah, once trust is gone, thats it. Hell, the twin thing would've been enough for me to say "okay, get lost" because it almost sounds like shes a pathological liar.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 10:11:52 PM
Is this some sort of internet girlfriend, or an episode of Sister Sister?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 10:16:23 PM
Is this some sort of internet girlfriend, or an episode of Sister Sister?

Is there a difference?

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 10:18:49 PM
Skin color, perhaps